• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Have forum competitions ended?

Anni-Lizzie

Spellcaster
The short term young players who quit after a month or two, Discord as I have said before is used predominately by the under 25 age group to discuss gaming, my 18 year old son knows how it works well to get feedback quickly to developers for the high impact adrenaline junkie young mainly male game market.
Such a shame to be catering to short term players. How many of these high performing wiz bang young guys would seriously last past Orcs Chapter. It’s the chapter that certainly sorts out how committed you are…

SkyRider99

Immortal
Such a shame to be catering to short term players. How many of these high performing wiz bang young guys would seriously last past Orcs Chapter. It’s the chapter that certainly sorts out how committed you are…
and if they even make it through the Orcs chapter, they surely have Traders to deal with :p

It's the seasoned, hard-core campaigners like us that keep this game on its feet! :cool:

1695338476363.png

m4rt1n

Adept
@Silmaril How are competitions going to work on Discord, none of the forum fun we have had over the years, as looking again I see everyone's answers and so far a lot less entries than good forum competitions. No chance of the spot the difference, word search or find the part of the building, no anagrams, what I see is comps like "describe why you like Elvenar, or like the post" similar to comps on Instagram etc. :(

Reposting as this has not yet been answered @Silmaril @Herodite How do you plan to have exciting competitions on Discord that are different from the same ones on Facebook and Instagram and hold the same level of thought and enjoyment the forum ones have when everyone can see the answers posted by participants, also still less participation than the forum competitions.

To add @Sir Derf see you are the main poster on Discord, I can only assume persistence worked for you

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Reposting as this has not yet been answered @Silmaril @Herodite How do you plan to have exciting competitions on Discord that are different from the same ones on Facebook and Instagram and hold the same level of thought and enjoyment the forum ones have when everyone can see the answers posted by participants, also still less participation than the forum competitions.

To add @Sir Derf see you are the main poster on Discord, I can only assume persistence worked for you

It's a bit of a work in progress to be honest. I noticed exactly the same thing and the way to post entries is quite restrictive to the format of our Competitions! Believe me, I had oodles of fun creating them! But I know @Silmaril is on the case to find out if this can be looked at in anyway! :)

It's a bit of a "watch this space" at the moment whilst conversations are still being had!

Kind Regards

Herodite.

m4rt1n

Adept
Another question @Herodite I see 2 competitions running on Discord one for US and one for EN server and several players on both comps, how are you going to know who is US and who is EN when drawing the winners, seems very complex to me. Comps on FB, Instagram and TwiX are universal as far as I know.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Another question @Herodite I see 2 competitions running on Discord one for US and one for EN server and several players on both comps, how are you going to know who is US and who is EN when drawing the winners, seems very complex to me. Comps on FB, Instagram and TwiX are universal as far as I know.
I assume you’re only allowed to compete in the US competition if you have an account on a US server and you’re only allowed to compete in the EN competition if you have an account on an EN server. The competition rules clearly state that too.

EN comp:
“- Should you win a prize in the event, it can only be granted to the account that won on the International server.
- To claim your prize, you must have an account in the EN International server.”

US comp:
“• Contests in this forum are open to entries from all US registered players (i.e., not banned, with no moderating duties);
• By participating in the contest you can only receive prizes in Elvenar US”

So if you have a player account on both EN and US, you’re able to compete in both competitions since those accounts are played totally separately, and are in no way connected to each other.

Last edited:

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team

Yeah there will need need to be a bit of investigation on this one to ensure we are Drawing and granting Competition Prizes to the correct Players!

As C-Nymph said, these competitions are exclusive to EN Players only! So no one outside of our International Waters will be getting Prizes! NOT ON MY WATCH :D

To be fair though, those that have entered that are not EN Players I think it's simply down to a bit of confusion. Going forward i'm hoping players recognise which thread they should be posting in. We'll probably still get one or two, it's the nature of the beast, but we'll shimmy them out!!

We are indeed hoping to keep Forums open, and are monitoring the numbers closely to see if there is any upsurge on the Forums in not only the number of posts but also the number of unique users.
As usual the more the merrier here, as it really will help us.
thank you for that, that was one of my major concerns.

I clearly missed those, maybe I saw the word Discord and switched off.

That's a step backwards for me. I'm not naturally a forum person, I've always used chat rooms, but none so ugly as Discord. For the pace of this game, I personally think the forums is more in keeping with the game, something for @InnoGames to consider.
having tried out Discord a few years ago as part of a different group of people, I was so lost over there it was scary. I just gave up and left. I truly enjoyed the group I had become part of, but the layout there was incredibly complicated and I could never find the refrigerator or the good chairs...I thought maybe I had aged out over that sort of thing...

OldHag

Necromancer
You have to bring your own wine @McBratty but when they think you've had enough cookies, they'll block you for a while.

SCI0N

Spellcaster
This has been player demand and has been constant for at least the 5 years I know about here, currently we are seeing if these thousands of requests for this can work to help the community - or not.
As with anything without actually trying this, we would never know the extent to how it could roll....so here we are rolling with the requests and seeing how that rolls...