• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Yeppers I agree, hopefully it will be enough to get pretty much all we need for artifacts.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I am glad, good move for INNO. I would hate if I got stuck at level 9, as most are now, so now with the extension we all can be at lv10 :)

Vorbog

Adventurer
Not all will be at level 10! :)
I for example don't have artefacts from previous Phoenix event, I join the game in December 2019.
From this one I finished all the quest and succeeded to gather 7 Artefacts, which I converted into 3 old ones + 3 that I received from the quest line. In total I have 6 old Artefacts (and 1 new), which mean level 7 bird. With the 2 new from the adventure I will have bird at level 8.
I did all my best, finished the quest line and all, but still will have only level 8 bird at the end.
I don't how you succeeded to evolve it to level 9 only from the event (that means 3 more new Artefacts, which is wow) but good for you because who knows when or if we (the other not so lucky new players) will be able to evolve it any further.

Deleted User - 2044766

Life is amazing...I was soooo eager to get the Cold fire Phoenix, worked hard at evolving it to level 5 (I'm in chapter 3), ....then fed up with it gyrating on its podium, I deleted it without a second thought...life is weird...

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Not all will be at level 10! :)
I for example don't have artefacts from previous Phoenix event, I join the game in December 2019.
From this one I finished all the quest and succeeded to gather 7 Artefacts, which I converted into 3 old ones + 3 that I received from the quest line. In total I have 6 old Artefacts (and 1 new), which mean level 7 bird. With the 2 new from the adventure I will have bird at level 8.
I did all my best, finished the quest line and all, but still will have only level 8 bird at the end.
I don't how you succeeded to evolve it to level 9 only from the event (that means 3 more new Artefacts, which is wow) but good for you because who knows when or if we (the other not so lucky new players) will be able to evolve it any further.

I joined right after. It is two new artifacts for one old (plus 5, once 3) CC. I got a few 500s, and 200s essences from chests, so I was lucky there. I also took one of the sales. I have three 2020 artifacts in fact.

I think that there will be a possibility in the future, do not dismay :) We can always hope. I did sweat it out as I wanted the firebird so badly. Level 8,9, and 10 are the ideals, so awesome job. Eight is the minimum ideal.

Life is amazing...I was soooo eager to get the Cold fire Phoenix, worked hard at evolving it to level 5 (I'm in chapter 3), ....then fed up with it gyrating on its podium, I deleted it without a second thought...life is weird...

Yeah, as good as if you had it out haha, that ColdFire phoenix is as useful as his fire to warm up... I have two bases in the book.

I did worse. I started to play when the FA after phoenix. It happened I crafted a f. phoenix without knowing much of the game at all. Evolved it to level 2. Then deleted it. It was crappy, and I did not even know what pet food was.

If I had my firebird level 9 rather than 10, probably a wall near me would have a hole, and my head a contusion.

Vorbog

Adventurer
O, I don't complain. I am really, really happy that I've succeed to have it at this level! :)
I just wish to be at level 10. :)
But maybe some day!

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@Vorbog : While I naturally have no idea if or when InnoGames may or may not provide further Event-based, FA-based, Crafting-based, or any other in-game methods of obtaining extra Fire Phoenix Artifacts, you may recall (if you were playing Elvenar before your Forum joining date?) that InnoGames did offer its customers a 'Black Friday' deal last year which amounted to 3 x [2020] Phoenix Artifacts for £75 (or Euros). I also have no idea whether they will do the same or similar this year, of course; it was far from a popular decision (see link below), but then again, the 'shuffle board' style of Event was also far from popular upon its first appearance, but it appears that it will soon return nonetheless. InnoGames does indeed move in mysterious ways, its wonders to perform...

PS: I obviously also don't know whether you would or would not find the offer of £25 per Phoenix Artifact appealing, should something similar reappear this year.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Maybe it gives them more money? A lot of players are not even in the forums. It is nice they have the meter thing tho.

Deleted User - 2044766

Yeah, as good as if you had it out haha, that ColdFire phoenix is as useful as his fire to warm up... I have two bases in the book.

I did worse. I started to play when the FA after phoenix. It happened I crafted a f. phoenix without knowing much of the game at all. Evolved it to level 2. Then deleted it. It was crappy, and I did not even know what pet food was.

If I had my firebird level 9 rather than 10, probably a wall near me would have a hole, and my head a contusion.

@Astral Soul I deleted it not by accident but intentionally because it was getting on my nerves.

Vorbog

Adventurer
@Laurelin I joined the game at December so I missed this "offer". I read about it, though.
I have 3 active cities so if I have to spend 25 euro per Artefacts it will be wow (all of them will be with level 8 bird, after the FA). So even something like this is offered again I will pass it. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser9591

Well it looks like some players are deliberately making misleading comments. I cannot see how newer player can build any 2019 phoenix up to lvl10 without spending huge amount of diamonds. With luck one can build up to max lvl8 (FSA evolves not taken into consideration).

2 new evolves on average require 2160 sky essence (2 new evolves required to craft one 2019 evolve - completely unfair exchange rate)
If I remember this right, 100 sky essence cost 500 diamonds, meaning 10800 diamonds to get two evolves (of course, if player buys larger amount there are some savings on scope). I can safely argue, that the vast majority of the players do not have 10k+ diamonds to splash on two evolves. This game has serious issues with paid stuff :) any reasonable player will be put off from spending similar sum on one item :) (please no comments about developers needing money, only because somebody does something they are not automatically entitled to make money)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1759805

please no comments about developers needing money, only because somebody does something they are not automatically entitled to make money
Nice contradictions there. But you think that any newer player is automatically entitled to L10 just because? Never mind the one from previous events? And why did you exclude FSA, there ARE extra artifacts available there. And yes, those require some work, but no diamonds are necessary.

Not to mention that L8 is not miles away from L10 from the power perspective. Way better than nothing at all (there is no ability to get any other building from previous events).

Hekata

Artisan
I don't think it was Inno's intention to let people have a Lv10 2019 Phoenix during this event anyway. Just like it's not intended for players to have a lv10 Coldfire phoenix from the event alone. Not without a lot of luck. I played exactly the same way in both my cities ended up with 7 new artifacts in one and 9 in the other. The only difference was in how lucky I was with getting extra currency from the chests.

I agree that everything is overpriced in this game, but if someone wanted to spend some cash on this event they had the last day offer to get more currency which is more favourable than the regular one. And you might not need as much diamonds as you calculated. Again it depends on how lucky you are with the chests. During the Carnival event I though I had finished the event with only 7 artifacts, I still needed to finish 1 grand prize and only then the 8th artifact. I got the 150 candies from the MA chests and from that I got so lucky that I ended up with 8 artifacts. So 150 candies made all that difference. My point being: luck plays a lot in these events. It's something I personally don't like at all, as I think all players should get the same prizes for the same effort, but that's how it is.

Having said that, I think that the number of players to get a LV10 fire phoenix without having a couple of old artifacts or spending any money can be counted in single digits.

DeletedUser9591

Nice contradictions there. But you think that any newer player is automatically entitled to L10 just because? Never mind the one from previous events? And why did you exclude FSA, there ARE extra artifacts available there. And yes, those require some work, but no diamonds are necessary.

Not to mention that L8 is not miles away from L10 from the power perspective. Way better than nothing at all (there is no ability to get any other building from previous events).

I did not like this event in any shape or form and sincerely do not understand why players are not allowed to complete evolving buildings during the event. One of the worst features in this game for me.

I excluded FSA evolves for two reasons: 1. initial announcement was that recipes will be stopped shortly after event (meaning players are encouraged to do as much as possible; changes to this announcement were made after the event), 2. recipes in MA appear completely randomly and with the best efforts some players might be left with the coldfire evolves (again, not every player is dedicated to this game 24/7).

Although I am not arguing that lvl8 is better than nothing, but I probably do not see myself playing the game which implies that player must wait for a year or so for something to happen (if it will happen at all). This game is struggling with many things, I would like to see what older players would do here without the newer players (sorry, entitled new players - what a nice response here).

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauly7

Magus
No one ever said you'd be able to fully evolve a 2019 Phoenix from this event. That was never the intention. If you are lucky enough you could get a Coldfire Phoenix to level 10, but even that's not guaranteed.

This event wasn't about 2019 Phoenixes. As an added extra they allowed people to craft old artefacts from new, but each one costs 2 Coldfire artefacts so it stands to reason you're not going to accrue 9 2019 ones.

Even if you wanted the new Phoenix there shouldn't ever be a 100% chance of success or what would be the point of having an event? They might as well just give everyone the item.

I have lots to dislike about this event, don't get me wrong, but one of them isn't Inno not guaranteeing me 12 Coldfire artefacts (if my maths is right.)

DeletedUser9591

The simple explanation is that the coldfire phoenix was very poor offering. Another reason is that the newer players must do certain things to catch up, otherwise this game quickly becomes boring. Now let's read the forum and listen to some older players (in game environment), then it becomes obvious that fire phoenix is a must have if one plans to stay here longer and perform well in tournaments, do the spire, etc.

My argument about fully evolved buildings is based on the fact that the space in this game is extremely limited. This is the number one thing I dislike. I do not find this restriction neither enjoyable nor challenging; it is rather annoying. Therefore I prefer not to have partially evolved buildings in my city. Even with the full set of evolves not every building has a place in my city.

A bit off topic... If those evolving buildings are offered one after another, premium expansions should be offered at the fixed price as well.

Vorbog

Adventurer
@Pauly7
I understand that perfectly. But what a new player have to do to gain "the most powerful building". If I was playing at 2019 event I would have fully evolved bird just by playing the event + FA. Now, no matter what I do, I can't fully evolve it. Like maybe never. :(
The dev had to find a way to give equal opportunity to people that join later to have this building (that could change you results completely) fully evolved.
The same goes with the bears and other important buildings.
I play from December and all of the event buildings are kind of meh. :)

Pauly7

Magus
Fire Phoenix is a difficult one because it is a great building. That being said there have been many events over several years on Elvenar and it isn't usual for these buildings to be offered to newer players because they weren't playing at the time.

There are some people that have 2 or even 3 Fire Phoenixes. These people have as much of an advantage over those with 1 as those with 1 have over those without one at all.

The Brown Bear also had a significant impact on the combat landscape of Elvenar. Perhaps not as significant, but they made it much easier to win multiples of these during the event.

As I say, it's difficult because the Firebird may be the most useful of all buildings to the majority of players. There are other past event buildings, though, that people could make an argument that it's unfair they don't have them.