• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves

Please use this thread to discuss the Gathering of the Phoenix Cults!

We're looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Last edited:

DeletedUser9591

I am relatively new to this game. I would like to know the following:

Would it be possible to evolve any of 2019 phoenixes (fully evolve without buying evolves)?
What is the rationale behind crafting options, e.g. 2 for 1 or 3 for 1? Drastically reduce the number of evolves players can get?

As I understand there is no excess of evolves and number of quests is limited. Currently in MA are circulating multiple lvl1 evolving buildings which make no sense as evolves are never offered, it only deceives new players... Now it looks like new players are discriminated again. So much for the statement that players can choose which strategy to pursue. For me this event looks like another attempt to get rid of as many new players as possible :) As I see many new players start putting all those promotional buildings of almost no value (if not evolved), then struggling to grow or complete simple tasks and then abandoning this game for good. Lack of active players is a serious issue here already.

Finally, the more players the higher the income from the game. Limiting choices, making things completely unattainable goes against the common sense from commercial point of view :)

Hekata

Artisan
Would it be possible to evolve any of 2019 phoenixes (fully evolve without buying evolves)?
What is the rationale behind crafting options, e.g. 2 for 1 or 3 for 1? Drastically reduce the number of evolves players can get?

You will get 3 old artifacts for completing some quests (60, 95 and 120). If you complete the quest list you should end up with 7 new artifacts (more if you are lucky with extra currency from chests). You will be able to transform the to old artifacts at the ratio of 2 new for 1 old. That's 3 more artfacts. Usually the FA after the events gives 2 more new afrtifacts so that = 1 more old. (they might add an extra old one in the FA who knows...) So by my calculation you should have a minimum level 8 old Phoenix which is a decent bird, or higher, again depending on your luck with extra currency and the next FA. (currency = sky essence).

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
So by my calculation you should have a minimum level 8 old Phoenix which is a decent bird

A level 8 Fire Phoenix, grants you 40% attack boost for all troops when fed, which is not shabby at all!

This event is great for everyone not yet having a Fire Phoenix (and strong enough to master the event), but mediocre at best for everyone else.

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Shaman

Comments and Suggestions

Feel free to submit comments under our Event Note here: https://tinyurl.com/t3w7p9l
  1. As usual the artwork and technical production is excellent. Well done!

2. The quest set looks very do-able. Better than the last one they tried in Beta which was full of game-breakers for some players!

3. Daily Quests #4 and #14 are a problem for those players who for various reasons are unable to Complete a Map Encounter. It is true that the number of people affected by this is small - but for them that means as early as Day Four they will only have one questline not two - and that is REALLY not fair. One of my Orc-locked small cities had to spend Diamonds to get past this one. 4. Solve 2 World Map Encounters - 35 Sky Essence 14. Solve 1 Encounter - 35 Sky Essence

4. Quest 117. Complete 1 Province - 58 Sky Essence This needs an Alternative. There are many players who have completed all their provinces.

5. There are sometimes Daily Quests that prove impossible like the ones above - even if only for a tiny minority of players. There is a simple fix - let the Daily Quests expire after three days. Then those players only lose three days, not the entire questline! Three days should be enough for almost everyone to do the quest, except those on holiday for a week - and most players these days have a Mobile App...

6. Artifacts: There seems to be some muddled thinking here! We were told last year that for our old Phoenix Evolving Buildings (there are three different ones) we would have more Artifacts to Evolve them in this year’s event. All this Event offers is three; it needs nine to fully evolve each building - so at this rate newcomers to the game will have to wait three years to get their up to full production! In the meantime, all the evolving buildings have been added to the list of Crafting Recipes - so newcomers to the game get a chance to own these buildings. But what use is this of it takes three years to get them to production? We have asked the designers often to explain how they envisage this working; so far there is a deafening silence...

7. We welcome the Announcement that Artifacts can be swapped by Crafting!!
    It is a step in the right direction - but the exchange rate is a bit unrealistic - and players will still struggle to evolve the Phoenixes they craft - one needs 9 Artifacts for that...

8. Now we have seen all 121 Quests - this looks like the Best Quest set ever! Excellent! There is room for improvement though - a few new, different ones would be nice. If the designers want to slow down the rate that players advance - why not Collect x number of Sky Essence? They drop one per hour so there is no way to cheat that - except by buying the Outpost building! Which would make the designers very happy!!

9. A lot of players are going to be upset! It appears that there is not a single Wishing Well in this Event.
    It is also a pity that there appear to be no Filler Items as Daily Exclusives - Knowledge Points, Portal Profits and Boosters. Many players, myself included, play the Events only for Fillers.

10. Watch this space for more comments!

87644052_10216086222008952_7143377761187397632_n.jpg

Elvenar Platinum Leaf is a free-to-join Facebook group for lovers of Elvenar with 6000+ members, .
Feel free to join us for all the latest news and discussion!

:)

DeletedUser9591

Hekata, thanks for your detailed response.

Due to multiple restrictions in this game, I avoid placing partially evolved buildings. There is no option to teleport those buildings either. I do not understand the logic behind free game but you cannot complete the building because of limited amount of tasks or because you simply have no luck :) If the comment will be that developers need to raise money, I can only say that there are many other means to collect revenue (I mean less aggressive). Same with the changes in the spire... Now I do two maps, will do one, if the changes to the rewards will reduce the rewards and/or require more effort :)

Well.. I will give it a go and then will decide whether this game is for me :) I can always try something else :)

DeletedUser9340

I do not understand the logic behind free game
It isn't all the way free.The magic buildings have a outstanding higher ranking & needs diamonds to be built.Diamonds can be purchased by money.

DeletedUser9591

It isn't all the way free.The magic buildings have a outstanding higher ranking & needs diamonds to be built.Diamonds can be purchased by money.

With magic residences and WS is a different story... Same with the premium expansions.

My opinion is that evolving buildings should be easier to obtain and evolve. Upgrading requires RRs which can be won, crafted or purchased (indirectly). This option is less aggressive strategy to raise revenue. If the player will choose to put all evolving buildings they can get, it will be very expensive to upgrade them in the long run.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
No KP points? That is a bummer. It is usually my goal, and if there was no fire phoenix involved, it would be a bit meh then, as I am working AWs again now.

However, I had planned to go to get the chests best for moving forward... to get the most ColdFire artifacts I can. I am not really interested in the artwork or buildings from phoenixes, but of course, I need my Level 10 Fire-phoenix, which I don't have due starting to play after that event.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2838

Now it looks like new players are discriminated again. So much for the statement that players can choose which strategy to pursue. For me this event looks like another attempt to get rid of as many new players as possible :) As I see many new players start putting all those promotional buildings of almost no value (if not evolved), then struggling to grow or complete simple tasks and then abandoning this game for good. Lack of active players is a serious issue here already.

Elvengems states that the evolving artifacts are not very useful under Level 5 and if you belong to a FS then more experienced members should be warning the newer members that it's probably not a good idea to place an evolving building unless you can take it straight to level 5 as a minimum.
With the phoenix and the bears, Elvengems warned that it would be unlikely that average players would acquire and generally fully evolve more than one artifact from the choice of three. Nevertheless many placed all three base units in their city, which I agree is a waste of space. New solo players seem to be largely unaware of Elvengems.

DeletedUser2838

A level 8 Fire Phoenix, grants you 40% attack boost for all troops when fed, which is not shabby at all!

This event is great for everyone not yet having a Fire Phoenix (and strong enough to master the event), but mediocre at best for everyone else.

As the base units for all phoenixes are turning up in crafting from time to time. It is an opportunity for the better players to obtain a whole new second phoenix, or another second fire phoenix as their effects are cumulative.

DeletedUser9591

With the phoenix and the bears, Elvengems warned that it would be unlikely that average players would acquire and generally fully evolve more than one artifact from the choice of three. Nevertheless many placed all three base units in their city, which I agree is a waste of space. New solo players seem to be largely unaware of Elvengems.

I assume that players who complete all tasks are not average players. Most likely they will not have the opportunity to evolve older phoenix due to limited tasks and unreasonable exchange rates. 2 new evolves for 1 old or 3 old for 1 new is extremely bad offer. It is simply not fair :)

There was an excellent proposal to introduce the universal evolve allowing players to choose what they want to do and how they want to play. Same applies to evolving buildings. Those with feeding options could be limited to only one per city (say, one polar bear, one brown, etc.) and those with production of res could be offered as multiple buildings (if not upgraded, they should be deleted after several chapters as they lose their benefits).

In terms of crafting, the evolving buildings should be removed from MA (exception can be events like this one) if there is no option to craft evolves. I personally crafted base of polar bear which I use occasionally to reduce the time in tournament. After chapter or so I delete old one and re-crafting new one. Never attempted to craft any other evolving building. If thing will not change I can play without any of them in MA.

Deleted User - 1759805

As the base units for all phoenixes are turning up in crafting from time to time. It is an opportunity for the better players to obtain a whole new second phoenix, or another second fire phoenix as their effects are cumulative.
No, you can't get a second one that way. These recipes are removed from crafting if you already have one - whether placed or in your inventory.