• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Forced to build Magic Academy ?!?!?

DeletedUser1683

One of the mods did state in another thread that is is highly unlikely we will be able to delete it at any point, so it looks like we are stuck with it, same as the barracks.

That does not mean that we have to give up hope and stop pressing for the game to be put right.

I will continue to ask for change for as long as I am here, as I am sure will the vast majority of players, who happen to agree with me.

DeletedUser

Well they clearly got that wrong. We are customers and we DO mind.

Indeed. This is my point. Mistakes were made, what happens next defines the person.
It is not the mistake that people are judged for (although some do) it is what you do to correct the mistake that is important.

A mistake is just that, a mistake. Out of your control. Your reaction to that mistake is entirely within your control and defines you. Your move Devs.

DeletedUser1683

Indeed. This is my point. Mistakes were made, what happens next defines the person.
It is not the mistake that people are judged for (although some do) it is what you do to correct the mistake that is important.

A mistake is just that, a mistake. Out of your control. Your reaction to that mistake is entirely within your control and defines you. Your move Devs.

Agree 100%.

DeletedUser

Mistakes were made, what happens next defines the person.
Certainly, so long as you allow that the problem may well be the player community's lack of vision, rather than than a short-sighted feature introduction.

Just disagreeing with something doesn't mean that you could/would have done it any differently/better, had you been responsible for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser219

That does not mean that we have to give up hope and stop pressing for the game to be put right.

I will continue to ask for change for as long as I am here, as I am sure will the vast majority of players, who happen to agree with me.
There you go with that "vast majority" again. You don't KNOW the vast majority of players, much less what they think. The "vast majority" of players never get to the MA in the tech tree, they don't even get past the tutorial. The majority of ACTIVE players do not visit the forums and are not in your fellowship so you can't talk to them. And the "vast majority" of players in the forum are not expressing their opinions about this. Where are you getting your information from?

DeletedUser

Certainly, so long as you allow that the problem may well be the player community's lack of vision, rather than than a short-sighted feature introduction.

Just disagreeing with something doesn't mean that you could/would have done it any differently/better, had you been responsible for it.

What?
Let's deal with the first part. How can it be players lack of vision, when they don't design the game? Is it just me or did that make no sense? Do you mean that players should allow it to be poor NOW, because sometime in the future it will be good? Even if you did mean that, it doesn't mean it can't be fixed NOW by allowing the deletion and when it magically becomes relevant in the future, those who deleted it can rebuild?

Second part... Huh?
Could you explain what you mean?
EDIT: Wait, I think I understand that last bit, you are saying that even though we disagree, the devs should not take it as a "you suck", as we the players probably couldn't have done better?

DeletedUser

Even players need to use a little imagination, and think about the possibilities. The hollering and shouting is mostly, "It's not MY idea, so I hate it!"

I like designs that are clean and simple, but also facilitate interesting capabilities. A house is a house is a house. How boring. The Magic Academy will never be boring.

DeletedUser971

When aliens are introduced in the next chapter, the dev's will have the opportunity to have a get out clause. They will bring technology that will allow us to delete it. They could replace it with a science building that is smaller and upgradable. Still uses relic's, actually is useful and contributes to the games progress. They will of course put some thought into this and release it fully functional.

DeletedUser

Even players need to use a little imagination, and think about the possibilities. The hollering and shouting is mostly, "It's not MY idea, so I hate it!"

I like designs that are clean and simple, but also facilitate interesting capabilities. A house is a house is a house. How boring. The Magic Academy will never be boring.

I agree with you. Houses ad nauseum are boring. New things are exciting.
I disagree with the "It's not my idea" statement, can you provide sources?
I totally agree that complexity and choice are great.
I disagree that the MA will never be boring. I am bored with it right now! Situationally useful, for a certain time, then back to boring.

All of which is totally irrelevant! The question here is "should it be deletable" and none of your points directly addresses that. A lot of your points are true, and remain true whether it is deletable or not...

DeletedUser1683

There you go with that "vast majority" again. You don't KNOW the vast majority of players, much less what they think. The "vast majority" of players never get to the MA in the tech tree, they don't even get past the tutorial. The majority of ACTIVE players do not visit the forums and are not in your fellowship so you can't talk to them. And the "vast majority" of players in the forum are not expressing their opinions about this. Where are you getting your information from?

You saw the poll. You clearly have your own agenda, I see no point in further responses to you.

So far there appear to be two clear sides to this discussion:-

For the MA: Whether you like it or not you're getting the MA so stop complaining.

Against the MA: All we want is for the MA and everything related to it to be optional and not mandatory and that it should be made possible to remove the MA once built.

Perhaps consider which of those two arguments seems most reasonable?

Deleted User - 13667

-__-|||

Better for the game developers to suggest what kind of intention is in stored for the MA.

The barracks are a nuisance for quite a number who do not see reason to battle. This seems more of an obvious answer on the game developers' intention.

Letting things develop is the only choice since the game developers have no clear intention of removing it.

DeletedUser1683

-__-|||

Better for the game developers to suggest what kind of intention is in stored for the MA.

The barracks are a nuisance for quite a number who do not see reason to battle. This seems more of an obvious answer on the game developers' intention.

Letting things develop is the only choice since the game developers have no clear intention of removing it.

I don't think we should give up. We were asked for feedback, we gave it, they ignored us. That is just plain wrong.

Deleted User - 13667

If you owe a restaurant selling fried chicken and someone says you should fry them a bit less crispy but you chose to ignore them. Is it plain wrong? Same principle applies here. Especially if they made some kind of progress coz of it.

They are in the business. Meaning money. Hence they have to have a plan on what to do. As such, they are focused on what they are supposed to be doing. Changes to the plans if any would be considered but not a necessity. Never break a winning a formula

DeletedUser

If you owe a restaurant selling fried chicken and someone says you should fry them a bit less crispy but you chose to ignore them. Is it plain wrong? Same principle applies here. Especially if they made some kind of progress coz of it.

They are in the business. Meaning money. Hence they have to have a plan on what to do. As such, they are focused on what they are supposed to be doing. Changes to the plans if any would be considered but not a necessity. Never break a winning a formula

Your example is faulty. What you mean is "If you went into a chicken shop and they could offer you want you want, without significant effort, is it bad customer service?"

"They are focused on what they are doing... don't break a winning formula"
Indeed. Keep focused. This can be achieved by keeping your customers happy while you hatch your master plan.
Never break a winning formula means do what you do best, keep your customers happy, without letting your personal feelings get in the way. Your personal feelings don't pay the bills.

DeletedUser1775

Quite disappointed they decided not to make MA deletable, but not surprising. The support team posts has practically hinted it in one way or another, i am guessing the devs response to them had been a plain flat no.

I was hoping they would at least reduce the building size. Now i have barracks and MA sitting there doing nothing. That is 2 expansions worth of space.

Well i guess this is their game, so they can device it as they see fit.

Personally though, This has been a -1 for Elvenar to me. Its not enough to make me quit, but it certainly left a bitter taste. I will reserve further judgment until i see what they have in store for MA.

I am not losing prespective, afterall MA is just a minor feature. I do hope that things will turn for the better, i had so much fun, i still am. If not.... Well... Lets just hope it will. :)

PS: To the support team here. I realised it must be not be easy being the middleman so to speak, and bear the brunt of all the wrath. I would just like to say thank you.

DeletedUser1683

Telling you no is a whole lot different than ignoring you.

We have no response from developers. In future, please just say you don't understand and I'll try to make it easy for you.

Experienced players are leaving the game. That's not a winning formula.

DeletedUser1683

You are uninformed. Look at minute 3:39 in the May InnoGames YouTube promo.

You are right. First time for everything.

I had no idea about this statement. WHY COULDN'T THE MODERATORS HAVE TOLD US? Another example of "Excellent Support" !

DeletedUser

You are uninformed. Look at minute 3:39 in the May InnoGames YouTube promo.

Nope, going to side with Penjara here. They responded to say they wanted to make it better AND inferred that the quest is mandatory. What they DIDN'T do was say if it would be deletable.

So yeah, the Devs have not advised us of the biggest issue we have.

Also... I don't watch advertising for a game I am already playing. It seems pretty straight forward, a mod watches the videos, when questions come up, the mod answers them. It is just like the combat system, hidden away, not obvious and deliberately obtuse.