• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures coming again - with changes!

Pauly7

Magus
I found the whole game pretty glitchy this afternoon and lots of crashes. I think the Inno servers have struggled under the strain of the FA.

m4rt1n

Adept
Yes me too,had to keep reloading, thought it was my PC struggling with memory overload with all the extra Manu's and workshops running, it seems since HTML5 also I have this issue even with a gaming PC with 16GB ram and 2x 16GB graphics cards. Also running Chrome off a 128GB SSD drive.

Hekata

Artisan
I do wish they gave us the option to lock at least 1 gate. It's so hard to keep spots opened for those players who are in different time zones compared to the majority of the FS or that can't log in as often as others.

hawk the slayer

Spellcaster
I feel your pain Hekata - no matter how many times you send messages - post in chat - scream at the monitor, it makes no difference there's always a few that just keep blasting away without a thought for others

Gargon667

Mentor
I feel your pain Hekata - no matter how many times you send messages - post in chat - scream at the monitor, it makes no difference there's always a few that just keep blasting away without a thought for others

It is normal and happens to everybody. include human behaviour into your plan :)

We keep an entire path free for latecomers and only fill that last one path after all 25 towns are on the map. If that´s not good enough: make it a rule that everybody only puts in a single badge until all are on. fill the map only after that is achieved.
There are always mistakes of people throwing in badges anyway, but as long as you have few people doing that it won´t fill the map completely prematurely.
Of course it will slow you down, but basically that is the whole point of it, slow it down for everybody to make it. Can´t have it both ways... And you don´t gain a single point for making it to the pit a day or 3 earlier or later...

We usually take 2 or 3 days to the pit, this time pure luck with online times made us get there in 36h lol. Doesn´t change the end result anyway. So I find there is no point trying to organize the hell out of it. I prefer organizing for the sake of a better result, not a faster one :D

Laurelin

Sorcerer
How can you see how many fellowships are taking part? I can see top 50 then from 102 through 106...is that it?
@Elfclaw the Mighty : Are you using the mobile version of the game? I've only rarely used the mobile client, but I do seem to recall that this is the same as when trying to check Tournament Scores via the mobile client (and possibly also even City Ranking? I can't recall) - you can see the top X number of Cities (50 in this case, apparently; not sure if the Tourney/general Ranking is the same), plus the group of five Fellowships which includes your own FS's score, which would be somewhere between place 102 and 106 in your case, it seems.

Out of interest, the PC/browser client lets you see all Fellowships and players in every form of ranked in-game element (i.e. Tournament, Spire, FA, general FS and individual Player Server Ranking... can't think of any more right now, if there are any!).

Pauly7

Magus
If it's Arendyll, there are 740 fellowships that have registered scores. In Winyandor there are 736. I can't see the other one.

@Laurelin: Yes I'm on the mobile app at the moment. Thanks for your reply. Yes we are just the wrong side of 100 at the moment, but I thought we might be almost last as I could only see a few below us, so am relieved that isn't the case :)

SimonTim

Dreamer
It’s all the useless badges you have to collect along the way that no one can use that gets to me. I’ve 73 this time around. At least we should be able to dump everything in the pit for some kinda reward. Sorry but I find FA’s demotivating as you need to be in a top notch FS to succeed and then you have to ask was it worth the effort for the poor prizes offered.

Julian

Sorcerer
The FA is not for the prizes. It's for the binding of the fellowships. Our fellowship has seen the full range of positions from over 200th place to first. Regardless of how well we did, it has brought us together, inspiring us to do better each time. And when it reaches the top fellowships, there's certainly a strong competitive element. Just had one of the tensest two hours of my life in a neck and neck for first place.

Pauly7

Magus
Sorry but I find FA’s demotivating as you need to be in a top notch FS to succeed and then you have to ask was it worth the effort for the poor prizes offered.
Depends what you mean by "top notch fellowship". It's never the highest ranked fellowships that do the best in FAs. It's the teams that get together the best for that one reason. Everyone has some kind of a chance so long as they have a full team committing to it. It's helpful to have some bigger cities with more space, but then it's also helpful to have smaller cities that can pick up things like bracelet badges easier.

I would like better rewards for playing the FA, especially as it's the toughest thing you can do in Elvenar over the course of a week. Still, as @Julian says, it's really about the competition. I would just be happy if it didn't result in quite so much of a resource drain. Effectively it's the cost of entry that's the problem, if you want to be near the top, not the reward.

Julian

Sorcerer
It's certainly a huge resource drain. And I admit that our fellowship is geared around either playing the fellowship or preparing for it. And I certainly wouldn't say no to getting better rewards.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
If InnoGames seriously wishes the FA to become a 'team-building' exercise, as it is promoted to be, then the game should incorporate the necessary tools and player management structure required, since very few players of online games are willing to commit themselves to using outside tools, such as spreadsheets (or anything else), in order merely to participate in a game - which should be, after all, a relaxing amusement, not a job of work.

Speaking from my own quite considerable experience as a member of several Fellowships (which have done everything from single-path completions [and failed attempts at same] to highly competitive Top 20 finishes including many Pit Rounds), the best that can be said of the 'team-building' nature of the FA, as it stands, is that for every FS which finds the exercise rewarding and inter-personally 'bonding', there are many more which have trouble avoiding outright arguments breaking out between players and/or some FS members even leaving as a result. As for the placement of Badges on the Maps, this has been at best somewhat chaotic and wasteful, and at worst pretty much disastrous (and sometimes infuriating, to be honest), due to the complete absence of any in-game method [beyond the poor Inbox message system] of controlling - or even knowing! - which and how many Badges each FS member is making and/or placing - and that's been true of every FA I have ever completed, which is all of them over the past 2½ years.

It is, of course, evident from reading these Forums (bearing in mind that the enormous majority of players never even visit, let alone post, here) that there are, as there will be in any online game, a few Fellowships which have the shared determination, patience, and extremely competitive spirit required in order to enjoy, and thrive upon, inter-player competition in any form, even in the form of the FA as it stands - with all of its lack of in-game tools and, as a result, high potential for various errors of communication, including accidental Badge mis-placement (and thus wastage), over-production of X Badge vs under-production of Y Badge, confusion as to which Path the Fellowship is taking, and so forth. However, it is also true of any online game that trying to get the entire group to follow the same plans and/or choices, in no matter which regard but especially when it comes to finite competitive events, can best be likened to herding cats - and this is not an activity which is well-known to create anything but much frustration.

The 'new-style' FA is more Resource-draining and more difficult to complete, in group terms, than its predecessor, since more co-operation and contribution is required due to the nature of several of the new Badges; it is now far less realistic for only the 'FA-keen' members of any given Fellowship to 'carry' the other members by producing more than their share of Badges, as would often happen in the past. However, simply making the FA more difficult to achieve, by requiring more in the way of commitment and contribution from each member, without also providing the very necessary in-game tools with which to perform the feat of co-ordination required, leads not to more camaraderie and 'team spirit', but to more chaos.

Last edited: