• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Elvarian Carnival Event

Hekata

Artisan
No emails on either of my accounts and I've been getting them regularly for the past 3+ years.

m4rt1n

Adept
No email either, has anyone got one this time?

I have had the email for every previous event without issues.

Sir Derf

Adept
I also have gotten e-mails in the past and have not yet received one this time. My sweet tooth wants its candy...

Jackluyt

Shaman
@kimkimkim The emails go out over the course of 24-48 hours due to the amount that we send. So it is likely not in one of the waves yet to be released.

Don't forget to look in your Promotions folder if you use Gmail, or in your Spam folder, where many of these end up.
However, our experience in previous events is that some players just never receive their gift - and despite a long correspondence with Support and the Community Manager over the years, no one seems to know why this is, or how to fix it.
Eventually, I gave up asking...

Pauly7

Magus
This is the first time in the 3 years that I have been playing, that I have not received an email containing free candy......will these be going out this time around or not?........also I have been in my city for almost an hour now and have yet to receive any candy around my city, normally I would wake to 6 of them sitting there waiting for me to collect, am I jumping the gun?
For the first time in an year and a half I didn't receive this email, too. I was wondering why, but now I see that I am not the only one. Strange!
No emails here either and I did check my settings.
No emails on either of my accounts and I've been getting them regularly for the past 3+ years.
No email either, has anyone got one this time?
I also have gotten e-mails in the past and have not yet received one this time. My sweet tooth wants its candy...
Think yourselves lucky. I've been playing this game nearly 4 years and I've never once received the free currency.

kimkimkim

Summoner
woohoo, finally got my email as well, thank you.......now my question will be, for all those people, me included, that received their emails at the start of the event originally ( this of course makes sense to me as someone would have extra candies to spend on the first day) will they now be receiving it over a day later after start of event and not be able to take advantage of the extra candies for the first day?

Gargon667

Mentor
same here, got mine recently... I bet they forgot to send them this time and then got on it when people started complaining...

Gargon667

Mentor
Again, you're all lucky. :)

Inno has just excluded me without any good explanation. I've given up now.

I wonder if they will ever figure out why it doesn´t work for everybody. Obviously that would involve them trying to figure it out, but from what I gather they are still saying everything works as intended?

Pauly7

Magus
I wonder if they will ever figure out why it doesn´t work for everybody. Obviously that would involve them trying to figure it out, but from what I gather they are still saying everything works as intended?
I really don't think they care about trying to figure it out. They just think - no, everyone gets the offer, and if not it's a problem with your mailbox. Case closed. Whereas it's nothing to do with the mailbox. It's a problem their end and I'm fairly sure that a short investigation could figure out what is going wrong.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
@Pauly7, there is a lot more to e-mail than "server a" (ours), sending an e-mail to "server b," (your e-mail's)...

E-mails go through several IP and IP ranges, and these go through anti-spam filters. Servers run a necessary script called "SpamAssassin," It is quite literal for its name, hehe. Furthermore, each e-mail provider also has its own anti-spam filters.

Unfortunately, there is so much spam nowadays, and there has always been, that walls surround us... All e-mails funnel through DNS Centers and may run through several filters, making it pretty much impossible to track where the e-mail is. And this happens with private e-mails (yourdomain.com) or public (gmail.com).

So, this is the issue with e-mails. Everywhere, and with every company, e-mails get "lost" (aka stuck in a spam-filter.)

Pauly7

Magus
So, this is the issue with e-mails. Everywhere, and with every company, e-mails get "lost" (aka stuck in a spam-filter.)
And yet other emails come to me from Inno OK. It seems strange that this is the one that would get lost in a spam filter. Also, if my email was blocking it then I would expect to find it in my junk folder, which I don't.

However, if Inno has identified this as the probable reason why some people are not receiving them then you would think they would devise a different method of delivery, especially when the email in question is the one where 99.9% of people are being awarded free event currency.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
We operate multiple email address @Pauly7 as you can appreciate we send out millions of Newsletters, Support replies etc: We also offer different settings, whereby players can block some email types from us. This then means that the only time they would see one is when Support is reaching out or replying to a ticket.

Pauly7

Magus
We also offer different settings, whereby players can block some email types from us. This then means that the only time they would see one is when Support is reaching out or replying to a ticket.
That's by the by when I am not choosing to block anything from Inno.