• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Elvarian Carnival Event

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
It is not up to you, @Pauly7:

Between your-email and our-email, there are several steps (DNS centers, IP Filters, Spam Filters, Bots -legal, and illegal-, and scripts), hence encrypting e-mails- and software from different servers such as "SpamAssassin."

While we and you have control over all configurations for these e-mail settings, we do not do any of the above. People who own a dedicated server (to host their webs, etc), will be able to control a lot of additional e-mail settings that a regular person with a google e-mail, for example. However, these people will still face e-mail problems on the deliverability because of the above.

Pauly7

Magus
It all sounds very convincing, but how many times do you have a company just shrug their shoulders and say "well, that's just email systems for you - you can't have your email". What if I was relying on the phone company to send me a bill and it didn't come through to me. Would they just wash their hands of it and say there's nothing they can do? No, they would figure it out. Truth is, I've never once in my life been in a position where someone is just unable to send me an email. I believe the problem is with Inno and they just don't have any motivation to figure out what is wrong.

m4rt1n

Adept
It all sounds very convincing, but how many times do you have a company just shrug their shoulders and say "well, that's just email systems for you - you can't have your email". What if I was relying on the phone company to send me a bill and it didn't come through to me. Would they just wash their hands of it and say there's nothing they can do? No, they would figure it out. Truth is, I've never once in my life been in a position where someone is just unable to send me an email. I believe the problem is with Inno and they just don't have any motivation to figure out what is wrong.

In your circumstances surely support should just offer you a gift of 100 candies for your city, as a "good will gesture", every good company would do that. :)

Pauly7

Magus
In your circumstances surely support should just offer you a gift of 100 candies for your city, as a "good will gesture", every good company would do that. :)
Yeah, that's one easy solution. They could just give everyone the candies in-game rather than relying on an email which apparently doesn't work all the time (and it isn't just me)... Or they could send an in-game message with a link to a web-based version of the email, which then awards your candies.

I'm not even bothered about the event currency. It just irks me that after 4 years they haven't even tried to figure out what is going wrong.

Gargon667

Mentor
Just in case anyone is interested: Here´s what I did with my 5135 candies today on the LR troop instant (only daily of interest for me this event), as an idea what can be expected if troop instants are the main goal. Things I don´t hate are evolving artifacts and coin/supply instants. Everything else has absolutely no value to me.

Result 445 Squads and total of 8 artifacts (plus 2 more coming in the FA supposedly) Now I don´t exactly remember how much I made last event, but I think it was something like 200 squads, but that is to be expected with a chest based event instead of the worst of all possible options (shuffleboard).

Choice of chests: 25, 46, 118 in that order for troop instants.
If none of those 3 chests was present I chose one of the following 3 (no particular order):
71: Chance for coin rains and best for artifacts
32: Best for dailies (and therefore best for troops after the top 3) plus chance for coin rains
54: Second best for dailies/troops plus a chance for supply instants

The other 3 chests I never touched.

Pauly7

Magus
Choice of chests: 25, 46, 118 in that order for troop instants.
If none of those 3 chests was present I chose one of the following 3 (no particular order):
71: Chance for coin rains and best for artifacts
32: Best for dailies (and therefore best for troops after the top 3) plus chance for coin rains
54: Second best for dailies/troops plus a chance for supply instants
I had pretty much the exact same system today on one of my cities... Interestingly, that was my catering only city.

Toursy

Alchemist
My feedback about this event is not very different than last one : story line for the quests is fine on the base, but each quests doesn't give much of a story, the dialogues are even similar when the quests requires similar things. So : very disappointed, that would be much better to have a real storyline to follow to learn more about the background...

I still feel unhappy when I finish a quest and get another one asking the same things or very similar (meaning it's requiring similar actions to get what they want to). You really need to look for more diversity in quests ! Because it's mostly boring :'(
About the rewards, I liked them, it was nice to get candies in the chests, so I could get my sleigh level 10 pretty early (and get another building with two upgrades).

Problem is still : what do we do when we get extra powerup and building ? Using Magical Academy to recycle them is pretty useless, I prefer to keep it for ever than to get very few parchment... when will this give us more valuable reward when recycling? I can't even get to see the end of my parchment stock... Spire provide already a huge amount !
Still looking for the day when we'll be able to exchange them for other ones like you did for some other events (even if I don't like the 2 for one artifact story...).
I still get extra ones from other event, so or I can get a good amount of catalyst or find something to let me exchange for other artifacts?

The sleigh is not bad (for bonus) but nothing special.
The new building when finishing the quest line is awful... bonuses are mostly disappointing ! I would prefer to get back the wheel, at least I could choose what I wanted to get produced.

Buildings are good looking.