• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Community based building

DeletedUser5976

I was going through the beta forum and happened on this thread: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/community-based-building-question-2.10387/

So as you can see, the second question may give a totally different perspective to the first question. All 3 options contain culture and if I'm correct we can get a polish for a 2x2 building but not for a 1x4 or 4x1 building?

Why not do this a little differently, first ask people their ideas for what the building should do. Choose the most promising ideas and put them to the vote. That would really be a community build.

DeletedUser5037

"What effect would you like the building to have?"

If you're looking at a "population boost", may I suggest a percentage of the total population (like the GA and MH AWs), rather than a set amount per chapter? The building usefulness increases as the city grows, meaning people will always want to build it straight away... showing it off to anyone who visits... and not sell it off when room gets tight!

I guess the same can be said for a culture boost, too!

DeletedUser3337

Ok ... I can open my eyes as wide as possible but ... I no see a new poll.
*see the stupid look on my profile pic*

DeletedUser3337

Thanks shadowblack :)

I guess a small hybrid will hardly be worth it.
A 2*2 culture only, it might be like the second Grand Prize of the winter event, the frozen giant shrine, I will not shed a tear if I'd accidently delete that one.
A Culture + production, if it is useful like the Mana Hut, then I would be irritated if I'd accidently delete it. ... so my vote is for the last option :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5093

It depends on what the production is. If it's supplies or coins or a microscopic amount of non-boosted goods, then I have no interest in a production building. If it's something that's harder to obtain, like a KP or broken relic, etc, then I wouldn't mind that. If not, then I'd prefer either a pure culture building or a culture + population building. Either is good.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Please, don't vote for extra culture or goods... from chapter Woodelves, we already get enough culture from the culture + mana building required for the mana production so getting extra culture is pointless and at any level, a boosted factory is producing far much more goods than any merchant/lighthouse chests/other ridiculous "Scroodged" new stuffs usually... :oops:

And again for the second vote, the cater before the horse, we have to choose what extra without knowing HOW MUCH, which is the most important fact to know before choosing... They will try to screw us from start to end... :rolleyes:

Yes to hold goods in common
I'm not sure to understand but if you mean shortcuting the trader to exchange goods directly between members, I guess this will kill any chance to get some goods for the little FSs... they could die of this... :(

Last edited:

DeletedUser

... I'm not sure to understand but if you mean shortcuting the trader to exchange goods directly between members, I guess this will kill any chance to get some goods for the little FSs... they could die of this... :(
Totally agree with this, top FS don't want the small players because they want to keep their high level rankings, and any low level FS need the goods they get from outside their FS via the trader - if all those high level FS who produce massive quantities of goods are able to store them in one place to draw on as needed they'll never use the trader again!

Lelanya

Mentor
Totally agree with this, top FS don't want the small players because they want to keep their high level rankings, and any low level FS need the goods they get from outside their FS via the trader - if all those high level FS who produce massive quantities of goods are able to store them in one place to draw on as needed they'll never use the trader again!
Lol not true. Wouldn't it be nice to trade fireflies for granite? Power shrooms for refined steel? Mana for seeds even?
I posted in some haste earlier and did not expand on my idea. I've wanted one of these for over a year now :)

I look for trades from my small neighbours and FYI pls don't post 20 trades at 100. Post 5 at 100 and some at 500, 1000 or 2500. I will happily give you 20k goods I just don't want to click 20 times to do it.

DeletedUser5976

Also if I might make a suggestion, whatever bonus the building might have, let it not be stuck in the chapter one wins it in. Give us the possibility to upgrade it once per new chapter or its usefulness will be very limited.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Lol not true. Wouldn't it be nice to trade fireflies for granite? Power shrooms for refined steel? Mana for seeds even?
I posted in some haste earlier and did not expand on my idea. I've wanted one of these for over a year now :)
I think this is a dream... they already found fair enough just to consider that 4K T1 are equal to 1K T2... that is fully irrelevant in a world where the surface needed to produce T1 & T2 goods is mostly equal... and that was just about "standard" goods... I would not expect them to even try finding a trade system between goods and other things, I can guess they could do worse if requested... don't go that way, please :eek:
I look for trades from my small neighbours and FYI pls don't post 20 trades at 100. Post 5 at 100 and some at 500, 1000 or 2500. I will happily give you 20k goods I just don't want to click 20 times to do it.
Myself, I would like not to confirm every trade I cancel like if I was stupid enough to remove a trade accidently or if it was a dramatic action... and when I put a trade, having a popup saying it's done would please me enough too... It's so borring to confirm again and again unsignificant actions 100 times a day... we all have to carry a cross here...:confused:

Last edited:

Lelanya

Mentor
Also if I might make a suggestion, whatever bonus the building might have, let it not be stuck in the chapter one wins it in. Give us the possibility to upgrade it once per new chapter or its usefulness will be very limited.
Supposed to be an alternate use for blueprints - one that is in the works lol. I have 43 blueprints and could use them for keeping my FA prizes up to date - Purple Phoenix Egg, Cozy Farm, Eldrasil's Village and Ice Giant Hag!

Lelanya

Mentor
I think this is a dream... they already found fair enough just to consider that 4K T1 are equal to 1K T2... that is fully irrelevant in a world where the surface needed to produce T1 & T2 goods is mostly equal... and that was just about "standard" goods... I would not expect them to even try finding a trade system between goods and other things, I can guess they could do worse if requested... don't go that way, please :eek:
Myself, I would like not to confirm every trade I cancel like if I was stupid enough to remove a trade accidently or if it was a dramatic action... and when I put a trade, having a popup saying it's done would please me enough too... It's so borring to confirm again and again unsignificant actions 100 times a day... we all have to carry a cross here...:confused:
You want me to trade with smalls and don't want to make it worth my while to do that? Meh then leave up the smalls. I'll take 3 or 4 then get bored. It doesn't help ME to trade that small. I trade 50k or 100k. Just saying .... you want my help consider making it worth my while and post a variety to start. How hard is it to add another zero?
Trading guest race resources is smart IMO. I have an abundance of some things and not enough of others. Where is the harm? I want to trade resources that would let build one stretch of dwarf road over near my Dwarven steel...

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
that was the purpose of my answer too... things can be distorded.

Ooooh, Life is bigger
It's bigger
And you, you are not me
The lengths that I will go to
The distance in your eyes
Oh no, I've said too much
I set it up

That's me in the corner
That's me in the spotlight
Losing my religion
Trying to keep up with you
And I don't know if I can do it