• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Community based building

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss about the community-based building and the poll regarding the building's size. Also, don't forget to vote at the top of the page! :)

The poll will be open for 7 days.

Reference:
building_sizes.png

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser5976

So is this building going to be something players can individually win and place in their cities or will it be a team effort of a fellowship?

DeletedUser3781

This question is wrong. I can already tell you 2x2 will win and we're wasting time here.
The reason is the real difference is whether the building will be square (2x2) or rectangle (either 1x4 or 4x1). Imagine 60% people want it rectangle but don't care about orientation, so the votes would split 50/50. Then the square wins with 40% votes against 30% and 30%, even though actually less people want square than rectangle.
To get accurate answers from this question, you would have to sum up the rectangle answers and then compare them against square answers.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
So is this building going to be something players can individually win and place in their cities or will it be a team effort of a fellowship?
The thought behind it is to have a building that we can use as a reward for e.g. contests, which is not also obtainable through general gameplay (e.g. events). There will be many possible applications for this, which could include both individual as well as Fellowship rewards. Nothing set in stone for that yet, though, but it would be a theoretical possibility at the very least. :)

DeletedUser5093

This question is wrong. I can already tell you 2x2 will win and we're wasting time here.
The reason is the real difference is whether the building will be square (2x2) or rectangle (either 1x4 or 4x1). Imagine 60% people want it rectangle but don't care about orientation, so the votes would split 50/50. Then the square wins with 40% votes against 30% and 30%, even though actually less people want square than rectangle.
To get accurate answers from this question, you would have to sum up the rectangle answers and then compare them against square answers.

This problem is exactly the reason that ranked choice voting was invented (aka preferential voting). The idea was to prevent the vote splitting you've described, so that the winning candidate is the one preferred by the most people, as opposed to the one that gets the most votes (as in first-past-the-post voting systems).

Back on topic, if this requires a road connection I'd prefer 4x1, if it doesn't then I'd prefer 2x2.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
Thanks for the heads up on a game change coming

I would like a bit more background to help give my input worth

is this building for a player to put in their own city or somewhere on the map/espace
is there any change in size in leveling
is it a mandatory building
can it be deleted/sold
what is the reason for its existence
what is the cost to the player to place it

OK nvm .. this bit in your intro post just lost most of my interest in it:

"It is a way to involve you, our community, in the making of a building, but it's also a way to thank our dedicated players as this building will only be obtainable via forum contests and social media contests!"

I do find this game forum a lot of help and I appreciate the effort that goes into maintaining it .. good luck with this and I hope it does help involve more players getting on here.

Last edited:

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Even if I have more trouble to place tiny 2x2 buildings like my Magical Mana Hut than with 1x4 (or 4x1) ones that can be placed in 4 cells wide rows (because my narrowest row is 4 cells wide for now), I don't really think that placing one single building, costing 1, 2 or even 4 half road cells will be a matter of trouble (except perhaps for very fresh beginners) so... I don't care of its size and I will follow the main choice... Choose wisely, it is pointless (to me) :p

Edit : comment removed partially (misunderstanding)

The thought behind it is to have a building that we can use as a reward for e.g. contests, which is not also obtainable through general gameplay (e.g. events). There will be many possible applications for this, which could include both individual as well as Fellowship rewards. Nothing set in stone for that yet, though, but it would be a theoretical possibility at the very least. :)
I think you put the cart before the horse : first, we are just chosing the shape and/or orientation, not the size (that you already fixed to 4 cells), and the size should depend on the benefits whose decision you put in a far far future as I understood...
You would have made a magnificent politician imo :D

Last edited:

DeletedUser5093

This isn't a ranked choice voting, each voters is chosing one candidate (not ranked), Trufsonia's remark is right and your comment is pointless off topic... ;)
I think you've misread my comment. I know this isn't ranked choice voting. I'm saying Trufsonia has a valid point, and that the issue they've highlighted is one that would be resolved by a ranked choice voting system. A simpler alternative could be just a poll that allowed you to choose multiple options with check-boxes instead of radio-boxes. It's not off-topic to discuss the methods used by the devs to collect the answers when they ask a question of the community.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I think you've misread my comment. I know this isn't ranked choice voting. I'm saying Trufsonia has a valid point, and that the issue they've highlighted is one that would be resolved by a ranked choice voting system. A simpler alternative could be just a poll that allowed you to choose multiple options with check-boxes instead of radio-boxes. It's not off-topic to discuss the methods used by the devs to collect the answers when they ask a question of the community.
Sorry, I effectively misunderstood your comment, my apologies, I removed my comment. :oops:

DeletedUser5762

Thanks for the heads up on a game change coming

I would like a bit more background to help give my input worth

is this building for a player to put in their own city or somewhere on the map/espace
is there any change in size in leveling
is it a mandatory building
can it be deleted/sold
what is the reason for its existence
what is the cost to the player to place it

OK nvm .. this bit in your intro post just lost most of my interest in it:

"It is a way to involve you, our community, in the making of a building, but it's also a way to thank our dedicated players as this building will only be obtainable via forum contests and social media contests!"

I do find this game forum a lot of help and I appreciate the effort that goes into maintaining it .. good luck with this and I hope it does help involve more players getting on here.
This actually gives amazing idea. What if the guild have its space for guild buildings (boosting production, boosting army, boosting population, achievements etc.)

DeletedUser5762

For now if I saw it correctly 2X2 is 70% while 1X4 and 4X1 together have 30% so the solution is quite obvious :)

cwgiii

Shaman
For now if I saw it correctly 2X2 is 70% while 1X4 and 4X1 together have 30% so the solution is quite obvious :)

Unfortunately, I feel that there is not really enough information for many to come to a conclusion here. For instance, I wonder if folks knew the answer to the road connectivity question, if they might have voted differently.

m4rt1n

Adept
I wonder after reading the posts above if anyone actually understands the concept.
Forgive me if I am wrong, but this will be a one off building designed by the community and only available from participating in and/or winning forum competitions. :)