• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

DeletedUser8409

it also penalized those who worked to earn mermaids and ancient wonders that produced supplies too.
but wealthy players wanted an even bigger advantage than the advantage they'll have for the 8 months of the year when there aren't event quests like this.
This change only benefits wealthier players if they have more magic workshops than regular players have regular workshops. Which may be the case for extreme edge cases, but then they'll do better either way [and fund the game]. For those of us who've simply got a few magic this puts them on a level playing as players without, not better than them.

DeletedUser4149

Plus you can earn MWS via Wells.
yes but i realized that i didn't need more supplies and spent my diamonds elsewhere. i only had 5 regular workshops. this event contradicts one of the statements in its wiki page that tells us to "Build up the most beautiful city and establish the most efficient economic system that you can!" these quests punish anyone who built their city to be efficient enough not to over produce supplies. anyone, not just those who used their diamonds for magic shops.

DeletedUser8409

yes but i realized that i didn't need more supplies and spent my diamonds elsewhere. i only had 5 regular workshops. this event contradicts one of the statements in its wiki page that tells us to "Build up the most beautiful city and establish the most efficient economic system that you can!" these quests punish anyone who built their city to be efficient enough not to over produce supplies. anyone, not just those who used their diamonds for magic shops.
I agree on that but its got nothing to do with the changes today. But you still had 5 workshops so could complete 5 toolboxes in 24h - I couldn't!

Imagine if you'd sold 4 of your regular workshops and purchased 2 magic workshops. That was my situation.

Is it right to punish efficiency? No, that's irritating.
Is it fair to expect you to wait 48h because you are both efficient and spent diamonds? No that's worse. That's what's been fixed, its not punishing anyone who doesn't spend.

Hekata

Artisan
Last time we were capped at 64. This is still a 20% improvement on then.

Personally I found 188 to be awfully generous and I'm not surprised it hasn't lasted. I suspect its dropping has very little to do with these changes and they're just convenient to announce at the same time.

Yes, more than last time, but the last time we could use lv1 WS and T1. That makes a huge difference.

m4rt1n

Adept
I am getting back to back identical quests after quest 29.

Scout, tech or 15 vapour twice in succession, then 7 relics twice in succession.

That doesn't appear very random to me. :(

Same quest 3 more times, so 5 in total.

Stuck now comes to mind as I used 50 diamonds to scroll over crafting after using them all and most time boosters to finish 1 scout and vision vapour the others. :(

FieryArien

Necromancer
I’m just loving this event. Started writing down my quests and this is the sequence I got today in Felyndral:

- Scout/research/vision vapor
- 3 Spire or world encounters
- 7 relics

Waiting for scout now (“just” 21 more hours). :mad:

Can someone explain to me how am I supposed to NOT overscout? That’s second such event in the row. I literally just started Halflings yesterday and today I qualified for next chapter (Elementals).

DeletedUser9227

I don't have MWS but welcome the change anyway. I'm still targeting more than one fully upgraded bear. At first I felt this event a bit boring but I'm fired up now. ;)

DeletedUser1874

I’m just loving this event. Started writing down my quests and this is the sequence I got today in Felyndral:

- 7 relics

Waiting for scout now (“just” 21 more hours). :mad:

Can someone explain to me how am I supposed to NOT overscout? That’s second such event in the row. I literally just started Halflings yesterday and today I qualified for next chapter (Elementals).
Most people don't like random quests, yet for some reason Inno think we do. Or rather, they figured it's a good way to force us into spending diamonds to speed things up and exploit our FOMO.

Same quest 3 more times, so 5 in total.

Stuck now comes to mind as I used 50 diamonds to scroll over crafting after using them all and most time boosters to finish 1 scout and vision vapour the others. :(
Working as intended as per Inno's plan then!

DeletedUser1874

Really, 20% improvement vs the last event? Were you running last event with the same level restrictions as this one? I certainly was not.

And by the way, the change is already on live. I just hit the 80 cap on quest 67 (which used to give 81 before).
They're awfully fast in deploying hotfixes to hinder us and coerce us into burning diamonds and boosts, aren't they? Less so when it comes to deploy fixes aimed at correcting blatant injustices, such as the Magic Workshop ones. They still count as regular ones as I write, and I won't be holding my breath for a hotfix within 24 hours.

DeletedUser7081

I am reading feedback about how random the quests really are and I got terrified.

Why? I started a new cycle and what did I get as my first quest? Make 3 Toolboxes! I am now horrified that will start reappearing (as it did for one of my fellows in beta) and that I will take 4 days to do 5 quests to get measly 200 keys :(((
Not to mention that being a tourney player and having 5 MWs I can't afford to have my cities make toolboxes that often.

Make your city efficient - what a joke..

One of the fellows has commented today that this new event system was soooo off-putting they are fed up with the game all together. Was that the desired effect Inno?

The only nice thing is the constellations and the bear cubs (very cute).

But overall, huge disappointment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Timneh

Artisan
The probability for quests that require productions from a Workshop with a specific level, has been reduced by, on average, more than 30%.

Thats great but it does not help players with no space, resources, culture or population to upgrade manufactories to the minimum needed level so thanks for nothing Inno.

DeletedUser4149

its not punishing anyone who doesn't spend.
quoted from muf-muf's post about changes in this event- "Since the event was balanced with the harder quest conditions in mind, we expect players to finish more quests and thus also lowered the cap of the increasing amount of Golden Keys per quest earlier, at 80 Golden Keys."
fewer workshop quests and more quests to gain 15 vapor or scout 1 province won't help us finish more quests. having magic workshops count as double productions will help some players finish more event quests, at least it'll help those who spent diamonds on magic workshops instead of spending diamonds on expansions or magic homes.

DeletedUser8409

quoted from muf-muf's post about changes in this event- "Since the event was balanced with the harder quest conditions in mind, we expect players to finish more quests and thus also lowered the cap of the increasing amount of Golden Keys per quest earlier, at 80 Golden Keys."
fewer workshop quests and more quests to gain 15 vapor or scout 1 province won't help us finish more quests. having magic workshops count as double productions will help some players finish more event quests, at least it'll help those who spent diamonds on magic workshops instead of spending diamonds on expansions or magic homes.
Fewer Workshop quests and more buy or spend kp or tournament encounter quests etc can help.

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
I'm "lucky" in that my scouts are taking less than 24hrs, but I'm sure that those who are in endgame and whose scouts are taking 5 days or more are really pleased to know that there could potentially be more scouting quests... I wonder how many people are really sitting on hundreds of hours of time instants? 5 days = 120 hours!

m4rt1n

Adept
Really, 20% improvement vs the last event? Were you running last event with the same level restrictions as this one? I certainly was not.

And by the way, the change is already on live. I just hit the 80 cap on quest 67 (which used to give 81 before).

Not the change for Magic Workshops, I recently, after your post did toolbox on my Magic workshop expecting to use 6x 8 hour boosters, but they still counted one production so it took 9x 8 hour boosters to do 3x toolbox.

Deleted User - 1759805

I'm "lucky" in that my scouts are taking less than 24hrs, but I'm sure that those who are in endgame and whose scouts are taking 5 days or more are really pleased to know that there could potentially be more scouting quests... I wonder how many people are really sitting on hundreds of hours of time instants? 5 days = 120 hours!
And don't forget that after you finally complete a (likely more frequent) scouting quest, you will be generously rewarded with at most 80 points (less than half of what you could do before). Don't you love it when Inno listens to your feedback? ;)

Not the change for Magic Workshops, I recently, after your post did toolbox on my Magic workshop expecting to use 6x 8 hour boosters, but they still counted one production so it took 9x 8 hour boosters to do 3x toolbox.
How am I not surprised as to which change got promptly implemented first? ;)

DeletedUser1874

the people that complained about having magic workshops that didn't reward them as much as they wanted asked for these changes.
balance had to come from somewhere.
You make it sound like the balance changes are due to those who righteously complained about Magic WSs putting them at a disadvantage, but it's very clear that it has nothing to do with it - even non-premium players complained about the large number of WS quests, Muf-Muf's post is quite clear on that, even going separating the two issues (with the Magic WS one not having been hotfixed in at that, as opposed to that which applies to every player, premium or not).
You really must hold a quite the grudge against premium players.