• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

DeletedUser5093

"Produce X amount" would still be quite a bit easier than the current setup. Say I have 5 leveled WS, and I prebuild 5 toolboxes there. Today, if I get any other WS quest (not toolbox), I am screwed to an extent. I'll need to dump at least one toolbox, and likely more if I don't want to resort to time boosters. The worst would be getting "Build 5x 9hr" - I may want to waste 5x toolboxes, and still be stuck for 9 hours.

With "Produce X amount", most WS quests would be fulfilled by collecting 1-2 toolboxes, not wasting much - or even with other production buildings like ToS, EE, PT. Requirements on X have to be quite a bit higher to make it a comparable alternative. Are you sure you want to pitch that to Inno? ;)

The key part of my suggestion is to make the production quantity sufficiently high that producing X amount is not easier than producing however many productions is listed in the first half of the quest. Similar to how the encounter quests offer the alternative of completing a much larger amount of tournament encounters.

If you pre-built toolboxes in many of your levelled workshops then you would greatly reduce the amount of supplies your city was producing, both by tying up your workshops with uncollected productions, and by producing 1 day productions instead of whatever you usually produce. Also, once you're in the higher chapters you're pretty restricted in how many levelled workshops you can have, simply because of the space, population and build-time requirements, so most people aren't going to have a lot of them. So while you could go with this strategy to help with the quests, you would pay for it elsewhere, meaning it wouldn't be quite so easy as you claim. The main idea is to give a more difficult but still reasonably doable alternative to the production quests, and with a sufficiently high production amount I think that can be achieved.

Timneh

Artisan
With "Produce X amount", most WS quests would be fulfilled by collecting 1-2 toolboxes, not wasting much - or even with other production buildings like ToS, EE, PT. Requirements on X have to be quite a bit higher to make it a comparable alternative. Are you sure you want to pitch that to Inno? ;)

The key word there is PRODUCE. If the quest said gain supplies then all supplies would count no matter where they came from, If the quest said produce supplies then the supplies would have to come from workshops. Thats how it works now so it would be easy to implement.

DeletedUser

Where did you get your information from

@Dizzy Lizzie we get the information from @Muf-Muf 's official announcement:

Muf-Muf said:
This event comes with a set of new quest conditions, one of which requires productions to come from buildings of a specific level. Level 1 Manufactories and Workshops won't suffice in this case, but you're certain to be successful with these quests if your buildings have been updgraded at least to the levels that became available with the previous Chapter in Research for Manufactories or in the previous 3 Chapters for Workshops (or if the respective Chapter didn't contain Research for an upgrade, the Chapter prior to that).

I also asked you to confirm the correct information in the Beta thread @Dizzy Lizzie, but you did not anwser me there, LINK
Your chart has nothing to do with -1 and -3 chapter conditions, as I stated there and as per announced requirements.

DeletedUser3097

I also asked you to confirm the correct information in the Beta thread @Dizzy Lizzie, but you did not anwser me there, LINK
Your chart has nothing to do with -1 and -3 chapter conditions, as I stated there and as per announced requirements.
Thanks, will have to get back to you on this question.

DeletedUser4149

Regarding the new event changes, I think it's a definite improvement to have magic workshop productions count as 2, not 1. It's disappointing however that we haven't seen some balancing adjustments to the manufactories as well.

good suggestion though. it would make things more fair for everyone and not just people who bought magic homes but it might be too complicated for the game makers to add, especially if you remember how long it took them to release restoration spells.

The key word there is PRODUCE. If the quest said gain supplies then all supplies would count no matter where they came from, If the quest said produce supplies then the supplies would have to come from workshops. Thats how it works now so it would be easy to implement.
too bad not many people had the foresight or more importantly, the backbone, to say that counting magic shops as double wasn't a good idea before they made their change. i tried. nobody wanted to back me up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3097

Thank you for your feedback so far.

A reminder: any contributions to this thread and any other within this Forum need to be constructive and respectful to the views of others. Anything which demeans others or is disrespectful to other people's opinions will be removed.

Deleted User - 1759805

If you pre-built toolboxes in many of your levelled workshops then you would greatly reduce the amount of supplies your city was producing, both by tying up your workshops with uncollected productions, and by producing 1 day productions instead of whatever you usually produce. Also, once you're in the higher chapters you're pretty restricted in how many levelled workshops you can have, simply because of the space, population and build-time requirements, so most people aren't going to have a lot of them. So while you could go with this strategy to help with the quests, you would pay for it elsewhere, meaning it wouldn't be quite so easy as you claim.
Between ToS, EE and PT AWs, event buildings, quest cycling and supply instants, collection from workshops later in the game is not really a problem. I can stop collecting from all leveled WS for the whole event and that won't be particularly taxing. There are people who run with zero workshops for that reason. I can also run PoP on toolbox collections, something I just never bother to do in a regular gameplay.

And 5 leveled WS is what I run in the end game. Most of the game (until the Amuni upgrade) I was running with 6. This is not an unusual setup.

OK, let's do some numbers. A single toolbox in my L32 WS can net more than 100K of supplies (21K base + 150% culture + 220% PoP with L6 PT), so with 5 WS I could be sitting on 500K supplies that can be used for any WS quest. So if benchmark for Constructs is L26 WS, then it stands to reason that similar calculation should be applied to quest requirements. So that would be slightly more than 60K, so that in Constructs the alternative to 5x toolbox quest should be asking for at least 300K, right? This means I can fulfil that quest requirements using only 3x of my toolboxes. Smaller WS quests can be easily done with 1, maybe 2. Considering lower frequency of the WS quests, it would be easy to skate through these just clipping toolboxes in high-level WS, and you can jack up culture and PoP bonus even more.

Unless, of course, the amount requirements are raised even higher, but that would defeat the purpose of making it easier for people with lower level WS - especially if they cannot stack up all the bonuses.

Errandil

Conjurer
more rewards for people w/ magic shops meant they had to reduce the prizes for everyone else to balance this change.
good suggestion though. it would make things more fair for everyone and not just people who bought magic homes but it might be too complicated for the game makers to add, especially if you remember how long it took them to release restoration spells.
Do you realize that there's two sets of players with maigic workshops?
The first set is those who don't spend a lot of money and at some point replaced their usual WSs with the magic ones to save space. The magic WS takes about two times more population for the 2x output and therefore this people cutted the amount of WSs in their cities by half and until the change were penalized for spending money, which is a really really bad game design if we want to keep playing this game at all. For them the change in magic WS production just made the things as they should've been from the beginning.
The second set is a small group of top players who spend a lot of money on this game and nothing was stopping them from buying more residences and workshops for the event in the first place, so this change doesn't actually improved their potential event performance anyway.

The rewards change is completely unrelated to the WS production. The devs just want to get back to how things were during the phoenix event, where it was possible to get to the second set (and even to fully evolve two phoenixes) only by spending a lot of money but with infinite quests this time. Which is actually an impossible task to begin with, so they just end up with a bunch of active and lucky players who will get two sets anyway and with the event completely screwed up for everyone else. The fact that they changed the rewards and lowered the amount of easy quests just shows that there were too many active and lucky players on beta and devs are trying to screw the event even more.

DeletedUser8632

@Dizzy Lizzie - re: feedback.

I think I remember a post where it was stated that the changes in the event were also because previous feedback was that Events hinder/slow down city development. This is actually true. However, the new format makes it infinitely worse.

My cities are now at a complete standstill.

I do not collect gold or supplies like before in case I MIGHT need it for a quest
I only produce goods that are required for quests. I don't collect goods until I need them for a quest.
I don't collect from event buildings because the resources might be needed soon for a "Get X amount" quest.
I don't scout or solve encounters unless asked for by a quest.
I don't research because I might either need KP for a quest or get hit with a "Research" quest.
My Magic Academy basically produces things I don't need, purely based on the VV per CC ratio.
In short, my cities are sitting ready but idle because I am worried if I collect XYZ the very next quest down the line will ask for XYZ

On top of that, the new format is also hurtful for Fellowships:
I don't participate in tournaments as before the event because I safe tournament provinces for enchantments and relics.
I don't trade T1 anymore because I barely produce T1 goods now.
I don't participate in AWKP swaps because you never know when the next "Spend X KP" quest hits.

So, while I acknowledge that some(?) people might have voiced that events are slowing them down I can't really see how the changes have improved the situation.

Pauly7

Magus
I haven't contributed much on this thread yet, I don't think, but I am feeling more apathy and negativity than ever about an event, to the point which I'm not that inspired to discuss it.

In summary, Inno saw two problems 1) Everyone is complaining about the injustice of events where some people build temporary 2x2 buildings and some build temporary 1x2 buildings. 2) The last event ended up breaking, as far as they were concerned because they expected people to build one Mermaid fish tank and then stop.

So they have created a new system which has managed to antagonise almost every player in the game. It's another example of beta testing and feedback making no difference to their decisions.

Requiring levelled up buildings to complete quests only solves the second problem (above) so perhaps that is their intention, but it makes no sense at all as all they have to do is cap it so people can only win one grand prize, or maybe one of each. They have also tried to dress it up as if it is addressing both problems.

The thing is, their real conundrum is: How can we make it so that we don't put off (and in fact hopefully further encourage) the purchasing of diamonds in the event, whilst also limiting multiple grand prizes. The compromise is to still have the unlimited prizes available, but only for those willing to spend a lot of money. For everyone else we are given a horribly unbalanced, difficult to complete and dull event - the worst we've ever seen, so hence people like me get very despondent about the whole thing.

I still play on, because I would really like to have that Brown Bear, but if I don't get there then I will now feel even worse about the game. It also makes more clear, as someone already mentioned, they are changing it so that the game is effectively no longer free to play. More worryingly, even those who are willing to pay them £10-20 a month are also being disregarded by the game developers. They will now only take care of the biggest spenders - Note that the only meaningful change to this event, based on feedback response, is to make the Magic Workshops more useful, as this benefits some of their most lucrative spenders.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9108

If by Tower you mean the Spire: That's not an event, it's a permanent addition to the game, like the tournaments. And you're better off ignoring it until you have advanced at least a few more chapters, as it will cost you too many resources. For more details see the thread about the Spire.

The Evolve option is always active. Where did you even get the idea that there's a time limit on it?

Thanks shadowblack - I guess I was trying to make the point that we all face some kind of disadvantage, not only those who have paid to advance faster. Re the Evolve expiring - I thought I'd read somewhere that some things had time limits, and I didn't want to miss out on evolving my bear. Given that I didn't know about evolving things at the Mermaid's Paradise event, and so I'm stuck at the lowest evolution. All good!

DeletedUser9413

COMPLAINTS
Im really not liking this event ...
Im at the very end of fairy age, so i have very limited provances that i can open up without Orcs
Last night Provence quest .. completed this morning
next quest .. another provance quest , which i had to use all my reductions for
next quest.. 6 relics
next quest.. another Bl**dy provance quest , now i got to wait 30 odd hrs
I really want that brown bear , but im also poor , i play for fun
at this rate i got no hope in hell , so why do i bother , this isint fun , its a chore and just bl**dy annoying

DeletedUser1874

I've had some quests change overnight, I want to hope it's related to an hotfix about the Magic WSs. Could've been handled better though; on top of the RNG system being supremely annoying, having one day worth of toolboxes vanish into thin air certainly wasn't pleasant.
As to the rest, I managed to get 3 scouting quests in a row, and 5 9hr productions in a row. That's far from enjoyable. How hard would it be to give quests a cooldown as to avoid this kind of frustrating scenario?

DeletedUser8632

Dear Mods,

in a very objective, constructive and respectful way I would recommend to ask your devs if they have completely and utterly taken leave of their senses. Who in their right mind switches out quest IN THE MIDDLE OF PEOPLE DOING THEM? I mean, this is so unbelievable now that I am almost tempted to assume that somebody within your team is trying to sink you on purpose.

DeletedUser1874

Dear Mods,

in a very objective, constructive and respectful way I would recommend to ask your devs if they have completely and utterly taken leave of their senses. Who in their right mind switches out quest IN THE MIDDLE OF PEOPLE DOING THEM? I mean, this is so unbelievable now that I am almost tempted to assume that somebody within your team is trying to sink you on purpose.
Also had this happen to me between when I posted 17 minutes ago and now, so it wasn't just overnight. Are we supposed to expect quests to randomly change at whim now? Is it a new design choice towards an even more annoying RNG system?

Errandil

Conjurer
Also had this happen to me between when I posted 17 minutes ago and now, so it wasn't just overnight. Are we supposed to expect quests to randomly change at whim now? Is it a new design choice towards an even more annoying RNG system?
Maybe thay heard our message that we don't like the quests that are too long, so that's another of their improvements? Honestly, at this point I won't be surprised if this is an intentional design.

DeletedUser5093

OK, let's do some numbers. A single toolbox in my L32 WS can net more than 100K of supplies (21K base + 150% culture + 220% PoP with L6 PT), so with 5 WS I could be sitting on 500K supplies that can be used for any WS quest. So if benchmark for Constructs is L26 WS, then it stands to reason that similar calculation should be applied to quest requirements. So that would be slightly more than 60K, so that in Constructs the alternative to 5x toolbox quest should be asking for at least 300K, right? This means I can fulfil that quest requirements using only 3x of my toolboxes. Smaller WS quests can be easily done with 1, maybe 2. Considering lower frequency of the WS quests, it would be easy to skate through these just clipping toolboxes in high-level WS, and you can jack up culture and PoP bonus even more.

Unless, of course, the amount requirements are raised even higher, but that would defeat the purpose of making it easier for people with lower level WS - especially if they cannot stack up all the bonuses.

I think you're using some unreasonable assumptions in your method/calcs. You might be able to get away with this method for one or two quests, but eventually you'll have collected all your pre-loaded toolboxes/wonders/event buildings, and you won't be able to collect any more without waiting a day for more productions to complete, or else throw a ton of time instants at the workshops. What you're describing is a short term strategy, not something that can be used for lots of quests in a short space of time, at least not without significant cost.

Also, the purpose of the alternative is not to make it easy for people with lower-level workshops, but to make it no longer impossible for those who can't get workshops up to the minimum level, and who would be otherwise blocked from further participating in the event. The alternative should still require a decent effort. If you think 300k is too low for a Constructs player then pick a different figure. Personally, I'm happy to leave the number crunching to Inno.

DeletedUser7081

My quest also changed from Toolboxes to Advanced tools. Great!

but what is my next quest ? Toolboxes again!!! Good thing that I haven't cancelled the ones I was making - but this tells me I might get Toolboxes on endless repeat as some of the fellows keep getting the same quest over and over again.

If I get another quest for Toolboxes in the next couple of quests - I am opening a ticket until you resolve the new system designed to punish players instead of having them enjoy the game!

Worst event ever! Put it the way it was before the endless quests! Or make it more playable - this is a nightmare!