• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

A Gateway into the Past

Jake65

Sage
@OldHag & @m4rt1n did you get lots of the lucky cards?
I'm using my usual strategy but only got 7 artefacts so far.
Going to be tight :oops:

OldHag

Necromancer
@OldHag & @m4rt1n did you get lots of the lucky cards?
I'm using my usual strategy but only got 7 artefacts so far.
Going to be tight :oops:
I did actually @Jake65 but I didn't count how many. I got quite a few extra 'Coins' and that definitely helped move me along. I only traded with the bottom trader.

Jake65

Sage
If anyone (like me) is struggling to get the final artefact and you decide to buy some chips, the Royal Prize Pass is the cheapest way to get 250 chips. Costs 6 diamonds per chip whereas the best bundle (8300 diamonds for 1280 chips at a 28% discount) works out at 6.48 diamonds per chip.
A bit of a grudge purchase but OCDme is happy to get the 9th artefact :)

C-Nymph

Necromancer
If anyone (like me) is struggling to get the final artefact and you decide to buy some chips, the Royal Prize Pass is the cheapest way to get 250 chips. Costs 6 diamonds per chip whereas the best bundle (8300 diamonds for 1280 chips at a 28% discount) works out at 6.48 diamonds per chip.
A bit of a grudge purchase but OCDme is happy to get the 9th artefact :)
Thanks, I might have to do that for my US city, still stuck on 241 there, and I highly doubt finishing today's quest is going to magically get me enough to get me to 260. Haven't gotten many 'lucky' draws there unfortunately...

m4rt1n

Adept
Almost the end sat on 330 used most things, 3 level 5 and 6 things left to use so keep refreshing all the options waiting for one to use if possible, gained the second base and 10 off artefact 10, more to disenchant as i will only evolve one, but my tactic this time of only going for the trades with a 20% possibility of 2 tickets, sometime 3 worked well for me.

OldHag

Necromancer
I ended up with a 2nd base and the next prize after it, I think it was a total of 320pts. :)

I'm told this is the feedback thread about the "A gateway to the past" event.

I didn't like it as much as I did the former two I've been in: finished top 1% on the Summer's event, finished top 1% and probably top 10 on the world I'm playing on the Zodiac's event. Barely finished on Silver Tier on the "Gateway" one.

Main difference, directly, is I didn't spend any money buying anything event related this time.

The reason is simple: randomness was too high: investing $10 USD in an object or 8,300 diamonds in event-coins makes no sense if I have exactly no predictability of how it will profit my progression in the event --the prices for scoring gems in amounts of 20, 40, 60, and so on. Furthermore, since this progression was too low --a little above 320 after collecting every coin I saw on the field, and completing every quest-related mission--, I didn't unlock the Royal Prizes either.

The 2-4-8-16-32-64 basis for the objects --multiplied by 4 coins-- was a terrible idea, when it comes to consumers aware of their expenses.

So, that's that. I'm not into this kind of stuff. The former ones, all the randomness was about what I could get with every hoop/sphere, and although unfair in the actual odds --once I spent over 2000 magic coins with no daily reward granted--, progression was clear (+1/+2/+3 /+4 with very defined limits on the number of coins or seafood required). Those games I am interested in, since all around playing them has a positive outcome and a predictable figure about personal progression. Which, for the way the game is played as a hole, is one of the main points.

Cheers.

Hekata

Artisan
Just a reminder as I see that some feedback is being left here. Please remember that the official Feedback is now being taken from our official Discord server, for your convenience here is the direct link

1. I thought that while they are still active feedback can be left on forums as well as on Discord and that it was all taken into consideration.

2. We were told that the faith of the forum is still not decided which is why we're still here and trying to save it. Telling people that only feedback left on Discord is taken into consideration (that's how I understand the post at least) feels like yet another way to say that the faith of the forum is sealed. Is there any new info about that that we've not been made aware of?

3. Most people here have said that they are not interested in Discord. Some said they won't be joining at all, and some have joined only to keep up with announcements (like me) and don't plan to participate as it's too chaotic and not user-friendly (there is a whole thread on that topic :) ), so inviting people from the forum to give feedback there won't amount to much.

Last edited:

Anni-Lizzie

Spellcaster
1. I thought that while they are still active feedback can be left on forums as well as on Discord and that it was all taken into consideration.

2. We were told that the faith of the forum is still not decided which is why we're still here and trying to save it. Telling people that only feedback left on Discord is taken into consideration (that's how I understand the post at least) feels like yet another way to say that the faith of the forum is sealed. Is there any new info about that that we've not been made aware of?

3. Most people here have said that they are not interested in Discord. Some said they won't be joining at all, and some have joined only to keep up with announcements (like me) and don't plan to participate as it's too chaotic and not user-friendly (there is a whole thread on that topic :) ), so inviting people from the forum to give feedback there won't amount to much.
Agree… seems like mixed messages. And anyway if it’s not official feedback, then surely it’s just harmless sharing of opinions? So does it matter, I mean, if the forum doesn’t officially matter?

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Information is based on the last comment on the thread as it was believed this was the feedback thread for the event, which is not the case. The official one as we announced via the in-game messages is the one shared on Discord.
I appreciate that this is not seen as ideal for all players, but I would not be doing my job to not point out where the official one is, as I am sure you can appreciate.

m4rt1n

Adept
Information is based on the last comment on the thread as it was believed this was the feedback thread for the event, which is not the case. The official one as we announced via the in-game messages is the one shared on Discord.
I appreciate that this is not seen as ideal for all players, but I would not be doing my job to not point out where the official one is, as I am sure you can appreciate.

I do understand your position and appreciate that you would prefer the forum to remain open also but reading between the lines feel @InnoGames have made their mind up and we are doomed here, I can't take much more this year so sadly am close to just calling my place of sanctuary goodbye.

Very sad @Herodite @Silmaril @anonglitch the latter very absent here now. :(

Feels like a sinking ship, I will be last man off and go down with the crew.

McBratty

Enchanter
I do understand your position and appreciate that you would prefer the forum to remain open also but reading between the lines feel @InnoGames have made their mind up and we are doomed here, I can't take much more this year so sadly am close to just calling my place of sanctuary goodbye.

Very sad @Herodite @Silmaril @anonglitch the latter very absent here now. :(

Feels like a sinking ship, I will be last man off and go down with the crew.
Hang in there @m4rt1n, we are not dead yet! We keep trying till they shut the door. When that happens I feel a lot of us are going to have to think about our next move as its going to require at least one person per FS to use Discord so they can inform the rest of what is going on, about to happen, who died, etc and so forth. If they close the forums though, its going to be a massive mistake and Im going to be absolutely gutted!