• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

A Gateway into the Past

dennise

Soothsayer
I'm getting very frustrated with the dwarven trades. Most of them are military and as a pacifist I have to bin them. Sometimes all 3 trades are military and I don't want to hang around for 30 minutes waiting for a reload (Quite often the new ones are military too) I thought I'd get a non military one yesterday but I ended up with a military daily special, so I stopped trading until the prize changed. All this is slowing me down and I have no hope of reaching silver. I'll be lucky to stay in bronze. Why is Inno not considering pacifists? We appear to be the forgotten people.

Hekata

Artisan
That's because it's not just this event, the game in general favours fighting. The fighters get better perks all the time (better pets, better boosting buildings, better AWs etc...)
In fact, there is a point when it becomes almost impossible to be rely on catering alone. I was very much a "pacifist" until I reached chapter 12 and then had to start fighting.

Personally I'd love it if we could play the game just by using goods and ignoring the military entirely but, sadly, it's just not conceived that way, you can either do half fighting/half trading or you can just fight.

However, I must say that, while I picked up the sword and shield very reluctantly, I mostly fight now and I enjoy it, and, as a bonus, I get to be very happy with all the military perks we get :)

dennise

Soothsayer
I'm in chapter 12 now and if I can't get any further without fighting then I will just concentrate on developing my city. If I don't have to worry about guest races it will give me more scope to place buildings for their looks instead of their usefulness.

Hekata

Artisan
Ofc you can continue through the chapters, it's just that doing much in tournament and the Spire will become harder to do if you rely on trading only. If you don't care a lot about those 2 features then you can mostly forgo the fighting.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I'm getting very frustrated with the dwarven trades. Most of them are military and as a pacifist I have to bin them. Sometimes all 3 trades are military and I don't want to hang around for 30 minutes waiting for a reload (Quite often the new ones are military too) I thought I'd get a non military one yesterday but I ended up with a military daily special, so I stopped trading until the prize changed. All this is slowing me down and I have no hope of reaching silver. I'll be lucky to stay in bronze. Why is Inno not considering pacifists? We appear to be the forgotten people.
Am I missing the point here? It's just the names of the trades, there is otherwise nothing military about them...? I see no reason why you would not be able to take the trades? All of them take figurines, tools, and dice to complete, irrespective of what the names of the trades are. Or are you just against anything military in general and it's more of a principal thing to you?

Jake65

Sage
Am I missing the point here? It's just the names of the trades, there is otherwise nothing military about them...? I see no reason why you would not be able to take the trades? All of them take figurines, tools, and dice to complete, irrespective of what the names of the trades are. Or are you just against anything military in general and it's more of a principal thing to you?
I'm guessing they're referring to the rewards being fighting biased. Troop instants, vitality surges, etc. I welcome them on the other hand :)

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I'm guessing they're referring to the rewards being fighting biased. Troop instants, vitality surges, etc. I welcome them on the other hand :)
Oh of course, why didn't I think of that lol xD That makes total sense! Thanks for the eye-opener :D

m4rt1n

Adept
I really like that the buy KPs quest sometimes has an alternative: "donate to the academy". It would be great if all the buy KPs quests had that option (or any option for that matter) :)

Have I got the same quests as everyone else as on my 3rd/4th "possibly more" mandatory BUY kp with no alternative.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I really like that the buy KPs quest sometimes has an alternative: "donate to the academy". It would be great if all the buy KPs quests had that option (or any option for that matter) :)
Have I got the same quests as everyone else as on my 3rd/4th "possibly more" mandatory BUY kp with no alternative.
There is only one “Buy KP” quest with an alternative, the rest is mandatory.
And the ‘alternative’ is to dump resources elsewhere (the cauldron in this case) so either way you’re obliged to deplete your city from resources for these quests.
Both alternatives do not get a reset in costs like the wholesaler does, so with every event, the costs to complete these quest will rise.
And having to buy 154kp in one event is utterly insane! Even if 20 kp can be “skipped” by dumping recourses in the cauldron.
Go home Inno, you’re drunk.

Hekata

Artisan
@m4rt1n @C-Nymph , I have encountered 2 such quests with a cauldron alternative and I-Davis' pages do in fact list 2 of them (quests 29 and 46).
Granted the costs of the cauldron do not reset either but at least it's just 5 donations at times instead of the 20+ for buying KPs so for me that's a better choice.
But I guess it also depends on where one is in their game, I have 21K points in my KP bar alone (+ countless KP instants) so buying KPs is the ultimate waist of resources for me, whereas with the cauldron option I get to at least improve the its benefits a bit.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
@m4rt1n @C-Nymph , I have encountered 2 such quests with a cauldron alternative and I-Davis' pages do in fact list 2 of them (quests 29 and 46).
That has been altered halfway through the event then, because when I went through the quest list, there was only one with an alternative. Either way, still too many mandatory ones ;)

I have 21K points in my KP bar alone (+ countless KP instants)
I can't help but wonder why would you keep those kp in your bar and not spend them??

Hekata

Artisan
That has been altered halfway through the event then, because when I went through the quest list, there was only one with an alternative. Either way, still too many mandatory ones ;)
Maybe, I've finished all available quests on day one., but I agree too many mandatory ones. I was just happy that they have at least tried to give an option to some of them, sucks if they have reverted it back :(

I can't help but wonder why would you keep those kp in your bar and not spend them??
Well, first I've have spent 1,5 years sitting in chapter 15 after the changes to the tournaments, and now I've been sitting over 6 months in chapter 16 because I don't like most of the stuff I hear about the next chapters. So it piles up fast :)
I upgrade my AWs super slowly (mostly when a quest asks for it) to keep my wonder levels in check. I help fellows with their AWs but I mostly use shards for that because it's faster. So yeah, KPS are just pilling up :)

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I upgrade my AWs super slowly (mostly when a quest asks for it) to keep my wonder levels in check.
Why would you want to keep your wonder levels in check? The higher level they are, the more powerful they become so that seems like a good thing rather than a bad thing?

Hekata

Artisan
Why would you want to keep your wonder levels in check? The higher level they are, the more powerful they become so that seems like a good thing rather than a bad thing?
Because of the tourney/spire formula. The higher the total of wonder levels, the higher the costs/amounts of units in those encounters.

Hekata

Artisan
Unfortunately my city on WIny is just a tiny chapter 3 village where I hardly ever go theses days. Too bad we don't share Kps across worlds like diamonds, I could put them to good use there and there would be plenty left for your AWs too :)

McBratty

Enchanter
You do know we dont actually have to dodge out and physically fight someone and that this is just a game right? :rolleyes: