• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

A Gateway into the Past

Hekata

Artisan
Since we won't be getting announcements on the forums, here's the official announcement from Discord, so that we have a place to discuss it here too:)

Dear Humans and Elves,

We have a new Event coming up!

# A Gateway into the Past Event - Live from September 28
Embark on a journey with a mystical dwarven board game that unveils a gateway to the past! Through this game, we are transported once more to the magical dimension of the Sun and Moon dwarfs. Our mission: to forge a lasting and stable connection between the two worlds.

You can find a complete overview of the event on this video:

## Main Prize: Solunar Nexus
It is an Evolving Building and produces Mana, Unurium, and Knowledge Points. At the highest evolution stage, it gives even a Time Booster!

## A new expiring building: Queen's Idol
It can be acquired from both Grand Prize and Royal Prize lanes. It boosts the Base Coin production in your city.

## One more thing
Compared to the last merge event, **we have changed the board size**. It has now fewer cells, but increased individual size.

This change has multiple benefits. It is now possible to see more clearly the different pieces (especially on mobile). From a strategic point of view, the merging game will be more interesting and fun to play.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Killiak

Artisan
Beta was overwhelmingly negative about the size change, obviously because it makes it harder to get the recipes out. Recipes that apparently are not so great for progression most of the time, with only a few good/decent ones.

So of course, despite all the negative feedback, it is rolled out onto the EN server as is, without any changes.

As for the other point:
@Silmaril @anonglitch @Herodite
No announcement has been made here, as Hekata pointed out. Are the forums already being abandoned by you, despite promises of it staying around for a while, now that Discord is in use?

Killiak

Artisan
Please read the official announcement @Killiak as all of the information I am sharing here is there as well as a discussion thread dedicate to the subject.

Oh, I have read it. Apparently your "in the long term" means effective immediately, since we don't get announcements anymore already.

You are abandoning the forums, no longer doing announcements here, and will soon be losing a good portion of your community because they don't WANT to go to Discord.

Last edited:
I cannot get into Discord, for reasons beyond me; the last time I was there it was so complicated and chewed up feeling I vowed never to go back. but even though I did want to see what was afoot at this point, my old Discord password doesnt work anyway, and my Elvenar password doesn't either.
Nor am I thrilled (are we surprised) at yet another change, making the board "easier to navigate" but with fewer tiles to navigate IN. If Im like a lot of players, I am packed solid to all four corners, and can barely see what's hiding behind what...

Mama ain't happy.

Discord only works for us if we have access to it. Sometimes change is good. Sometimes it's just change because somebody felt like it. We do need a certain stability and continuity in our playing, or it all goes right into the soup. Every day I come in, and something has been changed, increased, removed, or resized. It'slike finding the elves have been in your house overnight moving the furniture. Not good.

Hekata

Artisan
I really like that the buy KPs quest sometimes has an alternative: "donate to the academy". It would be great if all the buy KPs quests had that option (or any option for that matter) :)

Anni-Lizzie

Spellcaster
The smaller board in this event is a shocker! No room to properly gather and build the icons up the ladder. You are forced to either accept a lower recipe or discard options to make room. So I guess this one will be super difficult to get to the end unless money and/or diamonds are spent. Is that how any of you found this in beta?

owl76

Bard
I purchased the royal prizes for my beta city, which gives 250 bonus event currency, as I like the portrait. I ended on 311, which was will short of the gold league.
I discarded no tokens, but I did merge more than I did with this type of event in the past.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
I purchased the royal prizes for my beta city, which gives 250 bonus event currency, as I like the portrait. I ended on 311, which was will short of the gold league.
I discarded no tokens, but I did merge more than I did with this type of event in the past.

My next Building Upgrades are changing size so this will be a game changer for me! :D

Hekata

Artisan
The smaller board in this event is a shocker! No room to properly gather and build the icons up the ladder. You are forced to either accept a lower recipe or discard options to make room. So I guess this one will be super difficult to get to the end unless money and/or diamonds are spent. Is that how any of you found this in beta?
Why discard them? Why not just merge them? I have never discarded a single item. Is there any benefit to discarding them instead of merging them? Do we get some coins back? :)

m4rt1n

Adept
I really like that the buy KPs quest sometimes has an alternative: "donate to the academy". It would be great if all the buy KPs quests had that option (or any option for that matter) :)

Not encountered an alternative yet, early days but so far I have a buy kp (mandatory) with 2 alternatives for the second quest requirement.

Hekata

Artisan
Not encountered an alternative yet, early days but so far I have a buy kp (mandatory) with 2 alternatives for the second quest requirement.
I've finished the quest list and there were at least a couple of those with an alternative in there. It's donate 5x to the Academy. The cauldron is not my favourite thing but it's better than buying KPs I have 0 use for currently.