• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

You knew it was coming....

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Exactly @Hekata the Announcement was one week ahead and posted on the Beta Announcements, giving at least a weeks notice that this had been released in the game, not least in Beta. Subsequent fast changes were also followed before this was released to EN.
All changes come through Beta before we get to see them in live servers, and one of the reasons we are now using Discord for announcements rather than assume that players are actively watching the Beta Forum. All players on Discord are automatically added to the English aspect which covers English International, US and Beta so that the announcements are immediate from the time they hit Beta to when they get to EN as the first live server.
It is far from unusual that some bugs make it through from Beta to EN, due to the small space of time between the releases. If they do we do our best to resolve them before the rest of the live servers get the release two days later. This is not always possible due to some complexities, but try we do :)

McBratty

Enchanter
My five cents worth in regards to buying diamonds and trying to hold Inno liable for the costs incurred if they cease operation.
I go to a shop and buy five tins of beans, a loaf of bread and a half dozen eggs. I pay the shopkeeper for those items and toddle off home. Two days later I hear the shop has closed down. I cant go back to the shopkeeper and say, " Oi you owe me for the money I spent buying those beans etc the other day!"
We are not buying a service, we are buying product. Expecting them to reimburse if they go out of business is bizarre to say the least.

Jake65

Sage
My five cents worth in regards to buying diamonds and trying to hold Inno liable for the costs incurred if they cease operation.
I go to a shop and buy five tins of beans, a loaf of bread and a half dozen eggs. I pay the shopkeeper for those items and toddle off home. Two days later I hear the shop has closed down. I cant go back to the shopkeeper and say, " Oi you owe me for the money I spent buying those beans etc the other day!"
We are not buying a service, we are buying product. Expecting them to reimburse if they go out of business is bizarre to say the least.
I think a closer analogy would be if you can't take your beans, etc out of the shop. Every day you go to the shop and stand inside to eat one tin of beans and an egg sandwich (the flatulence!! :eek:) On the third day you find the shop is closed but your beans and eggs that you paid for are still on the shelf inside.

McBratty

Enchanter
I think a closer analogy would be if you can't take your beans, etc out of the shop. Every day you go to the shop and stand inside to eat one tin of beans and an egg sandwich (the flatulence!! :eek:) On the third day you find the shop is closed but your beans and eggs that you paid for are still on the shelf inside.
I think that would be more like higher purchase. We buy the diamonds and recieve them in full to use as we wish

Using your analogy, it would more be like ordering some Heinz beans from a supermarket on a Monday to pick up the following Monday. Except that when you go to pick up the order, you learn that the supermarket stopped stocking Heinz beans on the Sunday. The supermarket can't go, "You can't have your beans and we're keeping your money because you've already paid for it!" The supermarket would either have to swap the Heinz beans for another brand they stock or, if you decline that option, refund your money.

In the context of Elvenar, where inno are the supermarket, the swap scenario would be the equivalent of inno offering a swap of Elvenar-diamonds for an alternative in-game currency. The assumption being that you're already playing that other game or are willing to do so.

I'll clarify that my previous post was (mostly) built on the assumption of unused diamonds. Thank you @Silmaril for confirming that unused ones would be refunded, should the worst happen.

That being said; if someone bought 30k diamonds today, used them straight away, and inno binned Elvenar a week later; there would still be the be the issue of equity. I don't doubt that inno have a very good legal team, who have drawn up a water tight GTC. But contract law isn't just about the contract itself. It also looks at whether that contract infringes upon a party's other consumer rights and, ultimately, whether or not it's fair.

For example: if you park in a parking structure, the T&Cs usually (explicitly) state that the car is left there at the owner's own risk and that the parking company will not be held liable for any loss or damage to the vehicle. If all or part of that parking structure subsequently collapses, which damages your car, the court would veto that exclusion of liability clause.

Another example: (at least in the UK) a prenup is often legally binding but the courts reserve the right to veto the agreement if they consider parts of it unfair, especially if it is a child or children being negatively impacted.

These arguments are being made in good nature, of course, and alternative perspectives are always welcome ;)

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Significant reduction in Spell Fragments upgrade costs incoming.

NB : @nairobiny @Stucon (to avoid cross-posting in Nairobiny's thread).

It's an unfortunate [non-]coincidence that many late-game players have already either suspended/ceased play or actually deleted their accounts (my NH returned visits are now down by ~75%, with many late-game former Neighbours replaced with Ch.1 starters, some of them pulled from archive, as indicated by their 3 or 4-digit numerical suffix), and another unfortunate [non-]coincidence that many later-game players have deleted advanced AWs which were doomed to perpetual stasis (I've deleted 4 which were at L.23-28)... but still, here ya go, peeps!

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

SkyRider99

Mentor
It's an unfortunate [non-]coincidence that many late-game players have already either suspended/ceased play or actually deleted their accounts
I've been holding on against all hope. Whatever the reductions actually amount to, a reduced slap-in-the-face is better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick. :oops:

Jake65

Sage
Significant reduction in Spell Fragments upgrade costs incoming;

NB : @nairobiny @Stucon (to avoid cross-posting in Nairobiny's thread).

It's an unfortunate [non-]coincidence that many late-game players have already either suspended/ceased play or actually deleted their accounts (my NH returned visits are now down by ~75%, with many late-game former Neighbours replaced with Ch.1 starters, some of them pulled from archive, as indicated by their 3 or 4-digit numerical suffix), and another unfortunate [non-]coincidence that many later-game players have deleted advanced AWs which were doomed to perpetual stasis (I've deleted 4 which were at L.23-28)... but still, here ya go, peeps!

:cool:
The missing link? :confused:
Not referring to my distant cousins....