• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

You knew it was coming....

MinervaOz

Enchanter
I'm a little bummed (I do not believe this has been mentioned yet)......we no longer can build an ancient wonder that we plan on not keeping, then sell it so that the rune wheel is empty once again which allowed us to fill it back up with runes in hopes of getting shards to be used towards another ancient wonder we have or plan on having unless you have big stock in royal restoration spells.....just to place a level 1 ancient wonder in any city has an additional cost of 5 royal restoration spells.....
Tome of Secrets needs only spell fragments and 1 CC. I'm not sure it's any more of a realistic proposition though. (I might do it once, but not multiple times)

SkyRider99

Mentor
Yes this has been mentioned, a couple of weeks ago, on D......
Oh no! You said the 'D-word' @Lelanya. No cake for dessert for you tonight.

1709443152124.png

:D

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
A question for any lawyer types out there.
If Inno suddenly abandoned the game, would players who have spent real money (not diamonds they have received) have a claim against the company?
Just curious, see.
I will also clarify, that would be a no. This is based on the Terms and Rules/Terms and Conditions we all agree to prior to having an account. A full copy of these can be found on the game log in screen, in the Support section accessible via the lower right cogwheel and question mark (?) and on the bottom of each Forum page. The relevant section is Art 7 - 7.3 We reserve the right to discontinue the operation of the Games or parts thereof without giving reasons.

SkyRider99

Mentor
I think SkyRider99 forgot the 9th type:
Those who brave the din to gather information for sharing with the less adventurous. Taking one for the team :)
Cheers @Jake65. I was referring to the wider Discord community, not specifically the Elvenar component.

Hmpf
I will take my leave then
Apologies @Lelanya. I should be more careful with my words. My distaste for Discord got the better of me I'm afraid.

I will also clarify, that would be a no. This is based on the Terms and Rules/Terms and Conditions we all agree to prior to having an account. A full copy of these can be found on the game log in screen, in the Support section accessible via the lower right cogwheel and question mark (?) and on the bottom of each Forum page. The relevant section is Art 7 - 7.3 We reserve the right to discontinue the operation of the Games or parts thereof without giving reasons.
For the lolz, I'll play.

That clause itself doesn't preclude a claim against inno, if they were to terminate operation of the game prematurely.

If you buy shares in a company and that company ceases operations, for whatever reason, the money used to buy those shares is forfeited. However, buying diamonds in Elvenar isn't like buying shares. It's buying a product that inno guarantees, by implication, that player will be able to use to expand their gameplay.

If inno were to terminate operations prematurely, this would unlikely be a spur of the moment decision. If it was planned and wasn't communicated to players, within a reasonable timeframe, then diamond-buying players would have a claim against inno for breach of contract. The players would have purchased the diamonds in a good faith, which inno would then be in breach of.

There is the possibility that inno could go bust, in which case operations would almost certainly be terminated. In that event, a legal claim against inno would be harder, as creditors would have first dibs on any money that could be salvaged. However, providing the diamonds were purchased using a credit card, players could put in a chargeback claim with their credit card company to get reimbursed for their most recent purchase(s)...in line with the credit card company's T&Cs, of course.

I haven't read the game's T&Cs is any great detail but I will finish off by adding that even if there was an actual "exclusion of liability" clause, in respect of fund forfeiture for the purchase of diamonds, it would have no legal standing. Courts don't take kindly to these clauses and EU courts, on the understanding that inno is based in Germany, would be no exception.

tldr; yes, players would have a claim against inno, in respect of forfeited diamond purchases. At the very least, players could try to complete a chargeback with their credit card company. The latter would almost certainly be successful, unless the credit card company found the claim to be spurious and unfounded.

Last edited:

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Much of your post @Silent Tempest does not apply, as each point is covered in the legal contract and differs considerably from the assumptions made. Premium Currency, in Elvenar Diamonds, cease being actual money as soon as purchased and can only be refunded if no part of the conversion (Diamonds) have been used in the game. The GTC is pretty absolute on how this works due to as you say spurious claims made by individuals in the dark past that had forced many gaming companies into liquidation. Therefore our legal teams GTC is quite sweeping and complies exactly with German Law, which is the law we all agree to abiding by to play.
Moving onto the points of not giving notice, at no point in any time for any of our games has adequate notice not been given for any upcoming changes or cessation when a game has been discontinued. Decisions are generally made many months and weeks in advance, hence we announce usually at least every 2 weeks our most important information, as well as in-game news items appearing more frequently to reach every player.
Hoping that elaborates a bit more and helps everyone know that ceasing a game is quite a long process and is quite a rare occurrence at InnoGames due to the successful games portfolio: https://www.innogames.com/games/all-games/

Hekata

Artisan
we announce usually at least every 2 weeks our most important information,
The AW changes were introduced on Beta 1 week before hitting live servers and were announced coming to live 1 (one!) day before it happened.
And, as proven by the reaction of players, those were very important changes that affected many aspects of the game.. It was even rolled out to live worlds without fixing all the bugs (among others we couldn't produce troops for a while)
This was done in such a haste that it certainty doesn't feel like months were put into planing given the consequences. and the disbalance in resources now created. And the "we announce major information a lot in advance" rule certainly wasn't respected.
I think it's very understandable if players are very sceptical about Inno's way of running things now and don't entirely trust the company anymore.

SkyRider99

Mentor
A question for any lawyer types out there.
If Inno suddenly abandoned the game, would players who have spent real money (not diamonds they have received) have a claim against the company?
Just curious, see.
Keep in mind that @Stucon was merely raising a 'just curious' type of question. I can't profess to knowing Stucon in any profound, meaningful way, but in light of his many valued contributions to the Forum, I doubt whether he meant to open a can-of-worms. :)

1709681315779.png

But I've been wrong before. :cool: