• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.22

DeletedUser416

Personally i think that if Inno do not want people to scout too far ahead they could change one thing and stop it. Currently to move from one chapter to the next you must complete a minimum number of provinces but if the required number is 50 you could have 100 without a problem (except to Inno). Easy way to fix this is to put a cap on the amount of provinces you can scout in each chapter. Problem solved.

For me, personally, this would be a thing that will stop me from playing. I like to progress in game constantly, not to sit and be in the same spot for ever. So, stoping me from progresson is stoping me from playing.

Last six-seven months were disaster when it comes to updates!

Everything seems to me so weird in this Elvenar. I was happy with game, I was buying diamonds, but devs weren't happy about it and they destroyed the game (not just mine opinion but of many others too). Now, I am miserable about game, I haven't been buying diamonds for a long time nor I will, but devs seem to be very happy about the way things are going in Elvenar. Weird...

It often seems to be that by tweaking one part of the game to fit their vision another becomes affected.

It's bcs devs don't play (except in god mode) their own game.

Timneh

Artisan
For me, personally, this would be a thing that will stop me from playing. I like to progress in game constantly, not to sit and be in the same spot for ever. So, stoping me from progresson is stoping me from playing

Don't you think that this is what Inno are doing slowly with all these updates. Each one seems to slow down play by making things harder.

There is a thread on the beta site forum that might have got the problem with this game right. All new things are released on beta first but beta is only 2 weeks ahead of the live servers so it does not give enough time to properly collect results from the beta players before the updates are brought here and even when some problems are found they bring the update here anyway. Some good reading on the subject over on beta.

DeletedUser2886

I don't believe it was their intent, either, but it IS the result.

If they want to slow people's expansion then they need to remove the option to buy it. Some people will want to speed things up and have the cash, others won't. It's human nature.

some peoples human nature is to play faster than a snails pace without buying diamonds too

It's one thing to discourage expansion ( as has clearly been done ), but I strongly suspect that if the Devs. were to actually slam the door shut on province-expansion completely, the exodus from this game would be massive.
Perhaps the Devs. suspect the same thing.
- Lighteye-elf, Archmage, The Alliance

I'm 99% certain if they capped province expansion completely that would be a RIP Elvenar moment

For me, personally, this would be a thing that will stop me from playing. I like to progress in game constantly, not to sit and be in the same spot for ever. So, stoping me from progresson is stoping me from playing.

Me too. game would be over for them at that point

Last six-seven months were disaster when it comes to updates!
yup. When I was talking about this in those other update threads all I ever got was white knights in denial defending everything to the hilt and refusing to accept ANYTHING was wrong at all.

Everything seems to me so weird in this Elvenar. I was happy with game, I was buying diamonds, but devs weren't happy about it and they destroyed the game (not just mine opinion but of many others too). Now, I am miserable about game, I haven't been buying diamonds for a long time nor I will, but devs seem to be very happy about the way things are going in Elvenar. Weird...

yeah its pathetic. I don't get why they have such a chip on their shoulder about how fast people progress. They must think that if someone can progress quickly it will stop them from ever wanting to buy diamonds but that's not true imo. If this game didn't have silly invisible barriers like no rotation on buildings, or a storage when you need to reorganize, or squad stroops massively outnumbering you as you do what is supposed to be a good thing (progression), or all the other UI changes I think would benefit the game, or diamonds lasting longer, I would actually consider buying them. I have paid for IAP on lots of games but I refuse to do so on this game. I mean companies that have an "employee of the month" thing and reward that employee...that is literally "progression" being rewarded. would the company sit them down and say "I'm sorry but you are moving too fast in this company...of course not lol

It's bcs devs don't play (except in god mode) their own game.

This is probably true and wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was

DeletedUser3103

I have made a decision for now... so... I will come onto the game ...ONCE a day now.. only to visit those who have kindly visited me... to trade with those who traded with me... and I will only buy from the trader if there is no other way... then I will WAIT until the trader resets... so... hmmm now I will be doing 1 day productions only... sigh... or I will get BORED and leave the game!!

DeletedUser1265

I am getting the sense that many of us are cutting off our noses to spite our face in response to the updates. Logging on only once, aiding those who aid me, not doing tournaments, not trading... etc. This negatively impact other players not INNO. And if we leave others will arrive that won't know Elvenar before this update and the cycle will continue.

Not judging, as I have done this too. I left for about 9weeks, and when I came back (less active still) I could barely remember what was before and I am still playing, growing and engaging with other players. I have found it helps to respectfully vent and to adapt to the game and to have fun playing.

Killiak

Artisan
From what I can tell from my trader, cross-tier has taken a huge flight, whereas my same tier trades take a wee bit longer to be accepted. It seems I will have to rely on my fellowship a little more.

I guess for me personally it is not that terrible, but for newer villages it does make it harder assuming this experience can be extrapolated. Higher costs and less speedy trades; It would be good if Inno put a good bit more tutorial-emphasis on the importance of a Fellowship.

DeletedUser3034

Totally agree on that, without a Fellowship, it's a very rough road.

DeletedUser1050

ve been playing this game for over a year now , i found it enjoyable at first but with all the changes the fun factor has pretty much been destroyed for me , fighting is so onesided its not worth the trouble , trade is now messed up , the game has become a dull and very expensive drag.
I have been on the cusp of ditching this game for a while but i was undecided hoping it would change for the better , these changes have now made my mind up , its only ever going to go downhill , time to find something i can enjoy .
Inno can keep my diamonds they are pretty worthless now anyway , the good thing is i now know not to waste any future time and effort by choosing another Inno product
starting to feel the same... :\

Timneh

Artisan
It would seem that Muf-Muf has been able to find some time to come to the forum and edit some posts but did not bother to address any of the points brought up by the players since that waste of time of a post they made last week. Imo the failure of a community moderator to discuss the issues brought up by the players shows extreme contempt and disrespect to the players. This thread is supposed to be about talking about the changes made to the game in update 1.22 but then the Inno representative chooses not to comment any more. Why did they open the thread if they don't want to get feedback they might not like. The wholesaler change was not liked on beta so why would they think it would be any different here and we still have not had a reply to the question about why and how they think the old wholesaler was hurting the game. The addition of two new forum moderators will not help as they do not have the authority to answer the questions being asked. If a person is being paid to do a job then they should do it and Muf-Muf is not, not this part of it anyway.

DeletedUser

Totally agree on that, without a Fellowship, it's a very rough road.
My tiny city is not in a FS, or at least in a 1 member FS on my own so that I can do the tournaments and I'm just pottering along, I did put in a lvl 4 builder and lvl 4 MA as both are very helpful but have bought no expansions nor used diamonds in any other way.

Its not impossible, just slower, I seem to have about 8 active neighbours in my discovered neighbourhood of 30, I polish all my neighbours everyday for the extra gold and can use spells to help with supplies and culture. I'm 70% of the way through Chapter II and, so far, not had any problems with usng the trader. My needs are small and I don't mind waiting, I've cleared 33 provinces and have 8 with x number of encounters done, I'm just negotiating a few a day.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
So far we have received a lot of feedback on version 1.22, as everyone here is probably already well-aware of. We've been reading through it and have already forwarded a bunch of it. Some have asked for replies, and as promised: they will come. Please be patient - we do our best to reply as fast as possible. But we hope that you can agree that it is also important that your feedback is read and forwarded. Since we are also human (yes, really!), we can only do one thing at a time, and so far we have been prioritizing the reading and forwarding. Is that perfect? No, it's not. But it's what we went with. We recently welcomed a new forum moderator in our team, which means that we will have more capacity to comment on your feedback more often. ;)

This is the feedback we have collected so far - if anything is missing or wrong, we encourage you to let us know by commenting below. Please keep in mind, it's is much more valuable for everyone to keep your feedback in a constructive form - this way it's easier to process for everyone. We are especially curious why you think something. Also, it is not necessary to post the feedback that is listed below again, since we have already read and forwarded that. We're looking forward to hearing your further feedback - thanks for your participation in this discussion thread.

Visual effects
  • We received feedback that it is "too dark" and takes away from the "light" feeling Elvenar gave before.
Ranking points "loss"
  • With version 1.22 we fixed a bug where it was possible to get ranking points for buildings that should not be granting any ranking points. These were buildings that provided both culture and population. During the update, we have also recalculated the ranking, so correct for the mistake that was present in earlier game versions. For some people this resulted in their ranking points being lowered. While the current value is of course correct, we do realize the big impact this has had on the community, and we hope that we will never have such issues again in the future, especially because of this big impact.
Wholesaler
So far this has -by far- been the biggest topic after the update to version 1.22. Please let us re-state the reasons for this change. They had already been posted in this thread before, but in order to be sure that everyone sees them, here they are again:
  • The old Wholesaler was not very user-friendly in the amounts that were offered. We wanted to change this to tie into your Main Hall level to allow for packages that would better fit your progress in the game.
  • In the new Wholesaler, you will notice that the prices will vary depending on the amount of goods that you purchase, this is due to us wanting to encourage players to trade more among their fellowship members and neighbors to acquire the goods they need.
  • The old Wholesaler was not as balanced as we would have liked, which is the main reason for our recent change. The original design for the Wholesaler was a last resort feature, once you acquired all the goods from your fellowship/neighbors.
  • The Wholesaler alteration was implemented on our Beta world in November of 2016, which never made it to our live servers at that time. We received a lot of feedback on how to improve the feature from our Beta community, and wanted to make sure that we offered the best alteration possible for our live servers. Please be aware that we are still taking feedback, and would love to continue to hear how we can improve the trading functionality even further.
  • Also, do note that the prices will reset daily, so you will not have to worry about the prices continuing to grow over time.

That said, the most important, most recurring feedback we have received from you so far has been:
  • The change is very much perceived as a negative one.
  • It is no longer possible to buy small(er) amounts of goods, which was useful in some cases.
  • It is no longer worth it to spent huge amounts of excess Coins/Supplies on Goods in the Wholesaler, since the amount of Goods to be gained from that doesn't compare to the costs.
  • The reasons for the change have not been fully understood and/or accapted (so far?).
  • There is no incentive to perform Neighborly Help on (all of) your neighbors' cities anymore.
  • The Blooming Trader Guild needs to be revised due to the changes to the Wholesaler
Suggested changes from you all so far (not listing the "revert the change" suggestion):
  • Lower the amount by which the price increases after every purchase.
  • Make it possible to buy different amounts of Goods at a time.
  • If boosting trades between players is a goal of this change (and it is indeed one of them), then trading itself should also be made easier, to help that. Or, in other words: if we have to trade more, we want it to be more convenient, too.
  • Improve activity on the world map, since many players are still surrounded by lots of inactive players' cities, who are not helping with providing available trades and Neighborly Help.
  • Provide different / alternative ways to sink Coins and/or Supplies that are worth using, so that the Wholesaler is not the "go to sink" for those resources.

If you feel you are missing anything important in the list above, we would be happy to know that, so please post below, so that we can add it. This also goes for the other way around: if something was added above which shouldn't have been, we also invite you to comment below and let us know.

DeletedUser3032

Suggested changes from you all so far (not listing the "revert the change" suggestion):
  • If boosting trades between players is a goal of this change (and it is indeed one of them), then trading itself should also be made easier, to help that. Or, in other words: if we have to trade more, we want it to be more convenient, too.
  • Improve activity on the world map, since many players are still surrounded by lots of inactive players' cities, who are not helping with providing available trades and Neighborly Help.
  • Provide different / alternative ways to sink Coins and/or Supplies that are worth using, so that the Wholesaler is not the "go to sink" for those resources.

If you feel you are missing anything important in the list above, we would be happy to know that, so please post below, so that we can add it. This also goes for the other way around: if something was added above which shouldn't have been, we also invite you to comment below and let us know.

Just reinstate the old wholesaler but with revised prices which increase like they do since the update and have the quantities as they were before and not going off your MH level. Possibly just have a daily limit on how much you can purchase instead of increasing prices. That would cover all those changes bar the Activity on world map point.

Could also make a new wonder which requires millions of supplies and coins thrown into it instead of KP.

I must comment on

The old Wholesaler was not very user-friendly in the amounts that were offered. We wanted to change this to tie into your Main Hall level to allow for packages that would better fit your progress in the game.

I get 83 resources per transaction which is ridiculous and I'm sure it's not going to increase much even if I upgrade my MH several more levels. It costs more than what MH can hold in coins to get what I need to complete a province, this is NUTS. The Wholesaler tied into the MH level is absolutely insane and is no where near the correct amount/price for this system to be balanced evenly for the player or Inno trying to drag the game out. It certainly needs a lot of revision and changes even if the old wholesaler is not reinstated. I suggest reading the beta forums where people complained about this all first but Inno went ahead and made it live anyways. ;/

Pretty lame and pathetic that players on live servers are putting in time and effort playing on the beta server for the benefit of Inno releasing the best they can to others on the live servers but they are being ignored. If they are not being ignored the update would not have gone a head in the state it did. Players on beta servers are Guinea Pigs for the live servers, if they dont like the food they get fed the others certainly wont like it either.

This is not a dig at anyone. It's a dig at the process Inno seem to use, which is broken and needs some serious revision. Not the parts of the game which are not broken.

KermitsDad

Alchemist

I have suggested elsewhere that the abandoned city issue is fixed by having 3 areas on the map and moving players as appropriate:

Area 1) - The main area for active players and all players here have a trader.

Area 2) - A new start area where all new cities are placed.
They remain here until they either:
a) Progress to the stage where they have a trader and remain active so they can then be moved to Area 1)
or
b) Become inactive and then get moved to Area 3)

Note: A new player can get to having a trader within a day or 2.

Area 3) - Cities of inactive players and cities in this area risk deletion.
If a player with a city in this are becomes active again then the city can get moved back to Area 1 or 2 again.

For me being surrounded by abandoned cities & mines is a major issue as it much reduces my chances of having trading partners.

The current practice of moving inactive cities away after 30 days does not work because:
1) 30 days is much too long
2) When eventually one inactive city goes it usually gets replaced with another new start city which also frequently gets abandoned.

Finally I'll add that with this wholesaler change the possible progress for new starters is so severely crippled that I think the percentage that will stay with the game will plummet.
Net result - even more abandoned cities & of course less diamond sales.

Frankly I'm wondering if you're all bored with Elvenar and want to kill the game so you can move onto a new project ?

Timneh

Artisan
The old Wholesaler was not very user-friendly in the amounts that were offered. We wanted to change this to tie into your Main Hall level to allow for packages that would better fit your progress in the game.

How was it not user friendly ? we the players are the users and as there are no negative comments on the forum about it that would suggest that it is only Inno games that think it is not user friendly and the players were happy with it.

In the new Wholesaler, you will notice that the prices will vary depending on the amount of goods that you purchase, this is due to us wanting to encourage players to trade more among their fellowship members and neighbors to acquire the goods they need.

Maybe if you explained why Inno think it is so important for players to trade instead of buying the goods they want/need it would help. Why do they think buying the goods is so bad, seems to have worked ok for the last year and a half or so.

The old Wholesaler was not as balanced as we would have liked, which is the main reason for our recent change. The original design for the Wholesaler was a last resort feature, once you acquired all the goods from your fellowship/neighbors.

Again what is the problem with buying the goods we want/need ? after all that is the way it works in the world.

The Wholesaler alteration was implemented on our Beta world in November of 2016, which never made it to our live servers at that time. We received a lot of feedback on how to improve the feature from our Beta community, and wanted to make sure that we offered the best alteration possible for our live servers. Please be aware that we are still taking feedback, and would love to continue to hear how we can improve the trading functionality even further.

Thr first change to the wholesaler on beta was absolutely slammed and even this revised version has a petition going against it because it is still so bad and the beta players want it gone.

There is no incentive to perform Neighborly Help on (all of) your neighbors' cities anymore.

This is true. What is the point of helping neighbours when we can't spend the coins in the way we would like to. You would say invest in KPs but when in the dwarves chapter it is quite easy to become tech locked while waiting for granite and copper so more KPs would not be helpful. (The info on tech locking is from what i have read on the forum as i have just started the dwarves chapter).
Since the change to the wholesaler i only help my fellowship and those neighbours that visit me so that means that there are a lot of smaller and start up cities around me that i do not help anymore. When first starting out in the game neighbourly help can be a big help.

Deleted User - 106219

I do not understand what you mean by this, especially the bolded part. I keep trying, and I just can't understand what you mean here. Previously we had a choice between three amounts; now we have no choice. No matter how I look at it the new version is LESS user-friendly than the old one.

A couple of examples:
- Let's say I need 30 Planks. Previously: I could buy 20 Planks twice, for a total of 40. Now: I must buy 430 Planks (because my Main Hall is level 23) or not buy at all.
- Let's say I need 600 Marble. Previously: I could buy 500 Marble and then 100 Marble, for a total of 600. Now: I must buy 430 Marble twice, for a total of 860, or not buy at all.

As for "packages that would better fit your progress in the game", I can only assume that this is some sort of weird German joke that I don't get, because 430 Planks or Marble are less than a drop in the ocean. The only thing I might be able to use them for is running a few of my Marble/Planks Grafting sites.

In the new Wholesaler, you will notice that the prices will vary depending on the amount of goods that you purchase, this is due to us wanting to encourage players to trade more among their fellowship members and neighbors to acquire the goods they need.
The bolded part sounds good in theory, but in practice does not work. Resources are not evenly distributed and some goods are in much higher demand than others. For example, in my area Marble and Scrolls are in high demand. As of the time of this writing I have 5 (FIVE) pages of offers demanding Marble, and 4 pages of offers demanding Scrolls. For comparison, there's exactly ONE offer asking for Steel (300 Gems for 4800 Steel) and just 12 offers asking for Crystal. 7 of those 12 are offering Elixir for Crystal, and Elixir is my boosted good so I would not accept even if they were not cross tier trades.

Speaking of Elixir, currently on my market there's not a single offer demanding Elixir. Not a single one. There's one unfair offer demanding Magic Dust (400 Gems for 500 Magic Dust), and 4 pages of trades offering Magic Dust for Gems.

You can't encourage trading if there's no one offering a particular good (such as Marble), or if there's no one asking for a particular good (such as Elixir).

DeletedUser3103

Missed from your list.... GIVE US BACK OUR TRADER ... AS IT WAS!!!!

Perhaps a vote is necessary!.... So I will be the first... I VOTE FOR THE TRADER TO RETURN AS IT WAS (which against what you say we all felt was FAIR)

DeletedUser

For me, this is what needs to change.
Improve activity on the world map, since many players are still surrounded by lots of inactive players' cities, who are not helping with providing available trades and Neighborly Help.

Also,
Make sure the wholesaler change is balanced for brand new Chapter 1 players that have no previous experience with Evenar.

The game must be engaging enough to keep a new player in the game and provide them with enough progress the first time they log in so that they become invested in the game. This means hopefully keeping them engaged enough to stay at least 15-30 min the first time they log in. So, you need to make sure the initial quests and tutorial cater to this. Also, it should not be too hard to acquire Their 1 goods during Chapter 1 for players who have a very small explored area so have to pay a 50% premium to buy most existing trades. These are also the players who are most likely not in a fellowship yet. Buying 20 or multiple of 20 goods from the old Wholesaler with the Coins from quests was one way to keep a steady progression going at the beginning of the game.

These type of games will always have a high turnover rate of new players, so you need to make sure you provide a positive experience for new players and for a city building game, that is a feeling of being able to make progress.

Timneh

Artisan
You can't encourage trading if there's no one offering a particular good (such as Marble), or if there's no one asking for a particular good (such as Elixir).

Yep totally agree with you shadowblack. In the area of the world map where i am there is an abudance of marble and loads of people want steel, planks are very rarely offered and are snapped up within seconds of being placed on the trader. I really struggle to get planks and got most of them from the wholesaler, but not anymore.

DeletedUser1829

I think you are missing the feedback in relation to new players. The education of new players in terms of importance of a fellowship and perhaps clearer that wholesaler is a last resort might be reviewed. I always thought it was obvious but many people have made comments that this does not seem to be the case. Due to the chance a person could appear in an inactive area the importance of the trading benefits of a fellowship become even more important.

Edit:
I do not understand what you mean by this, especially the bolded part. I keep trying, and I just can't understand what you mean here. Previously we had a choice between three amounts; now we have no choice. No matter how I look at it the new version is LESS user-friendly than the old one.

I have been trying to figure this one out too and think I may have worked out the reference. The amounts offered were 20, 100 500. As new player how often would they use 500? never. As an end game player how often would they use 20 or even 100? So despite the 3 offers people were mostly use the quantity that best suited their progression in the game effectively making it 1 or 2 offers at best.

So the linking to main hall was an attempt to try and connect a value more in line with players progression (I am sure there are others reasons for it too).

Last edited by a moderator: