• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Behind the Scenes: Battle Redesign

DeletedUser2452

Oct 12
we will have the diaster ( battle redesign ) launch in game world
so we cannot win any battle from Oct 12 in contential map

DeletedUser

We should be getting the next tournament starting later today so I suggest that people get as many kp through fighting as they can as from tomorrow its going to be blown out of the water, I don't have time to sit and fight every battle manually and as auto-fight is broken then I won't progress very far at all (unless I want to spend diamonds and funnily enough I don't want to!)

DeletedUser2203

Ugh! And it set me back so much on my research, it will probably take me a long time to get back where I was.
Especially since I can't win fights. :(

DeletedUser2568

I hate to be really critical in my first post on here, and I have loved playing Elvenar up to now, but this battle redesign is an absolute disaster! I am playing in two worlds, one as elf and one as human. In the elf world, I was fairly well-matched for squad size with the enemies yesterday (108), though it was getting hard to find winnable battles so I was looking forward to the next squad size upgrade. As of today I have a squad of 114 and enemies of 200-330! Even with the re-balancing of strength, I cannot possibly win any of the available battles. In the other world where I play as human and started more recently, I now have a squad of 15 (36 yesterday) and enemy squads of 98! This needs to be rolled back right away until someone can do the maths right!

DeletedUser2571

Same issue here.

So far Ive conquered 100+ provinces; never lost a single battle.
Most battles I lose 1 or 2 squads. Losing 3 I consider hard fought.

Today I tried 5 battles: 2x 4 squads lost, 2x all 5, 1x I gave up.

Troops in the provinces have chaged. A lot.
Not just in size, but also in quality.

I had some easy ones lined up for my next expansion.
Only basic light units, slighty less than twice the size of my own army.

Today the same provinces hold a mix of advanced light and heavy units, 2-2.5 times my size.
How are we supposed to win a battle like this?

Whats the purpose of this redesign?

firerock

Enchanter
Well i suppose it simple, don't ever bother to fight, ge rid of the barracks/armoury and use the pop to build more manus :)

DeletedUser

Let the fighting be accumulative. Here is the example: I send in my army against a large province army that I can not beat. I kill some of their army before getting beat. The next time I try and fight that exact army, the troops killed in the previous battle should be subtracted from their total, instead of having to fight the same lopsided army. This way, it might take me 3 attempts to beat them, but eventually I can diminish their numbers into a winning battle.

DeletedUser2258

Oh dear wish I had watched this thread earlier for the advice on continuing training and gaining provinces before the new system was introduced. I realize battles should be harder as you progress further away from your city but a battle I could win with a 20% loss now whoop my ass and I do not damage more than 25% of the enemy, So now being at somewhat of an impasse of province gain I will have to rethink my game play and focus on the wait for KPs to complete research until I can gain sufficient upgrades to win battles for expanding the city.
May be the devs could put in a day regeneration time for the enemy troops in the camps so you could slowly whittle them down.

DeletedUser

Well i suppose it simple, don't ever bother to fight, ge rid of the barracks/armoury and use the pop to build more manus :)

You COULD do that, but #InnoFailsAgain made a requirement for orcs to negotiate... which, you guessed it, require high level barracks!

Or is it Armouries? I would guess Armouries, as they are a non-essential building that they want to you to buy <shrug>

DeletedUser2582

the new battle system is totally unbalanced.
i am now fighting in encounters level 12.
so i am standing with my 1900 units against equivalent 3000 units of foes.
whatever tactics, whatever strategy, there is ZERO chance.
got totally wiped out within 2 minutes. nearly every strike of the opposite foes annihilated my squad.
I cant even plan a strategy. as soon as i entered 600 sorceresses (initiative 17 !!! ridiculous) headed forward and wiped out my 900 archers.
Things might look a bit better once all is implemented, but at the moment absolutely no point in fighting encounters.

DeletedUser1829

Hope this information helps.

Information regarding province completion.
Province_expansions_by_chapter.jpg

Information on squad sizes
Squad_Sizes.jpg

Note if you are facing enemies at a 2 or more times your size Inno expects you to lose those fights. This is why Tournament fights go to 1:1.8 ratio for the last level and are difficult as they near the limit.

DeletedUser2584

I have enjoyed playing Elvendar over the last few months and hoped to continue to do so!. However your new changes to the battle system may lead me to changing my mind with regards to further play in Elvendar.
The new system is unfair and heavily weighted towards the opposition.
I hope you seriously consider changing this this system back to the old as I expect that you will lose a number significant of players.

Yours hopefully

Redwolf

DeletedUser

The combat system is simply unworkable at this point. It is broken and Inno needs to admit that there is a problem and then tell us when and how they are going to fix it.

No, they don't. They heard all this from the beta testers. They went ahead anyway, so it is WE that need to bow down and do things the way THEY want. Simple as that. As soon as we stop complaining and just do things their way, the happier we all will be.