• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Behind the Scenes: Battle Redesign

DeletedUser

nope i didnt fall into any group because my squads size was always far away from enemy squd size even previous chapter when i didnt have scouted 200 province enemys size was 2-3 times bigger than mine always. This is Inno fault to put some update without really checking it is works

Additional info: 285 provinces
martial monastery lvl 15
needless of the tempest lvl 5
Orcs tech tree done

Unfortunately, it is exactly what Inno intended for you and other players with lots of finished provinces. You previously said you had 285 provinces. That is way beyond what Inno is designed the game for and this update dropped the bomb on anyone's ability to fight beyond the number of provinces they are intending for the chapter you are currently in. The new wood elf chapter opening chest is set at 190 provinces, so you can get an idea on the number of provinces they are aiming for players to hit. After that it is going to get more and more impossible to fight as the enemy strength will keep climbing and players will not gain any techs to even the odds.

Not really fair at all to existing players, but that is their master plan and I don't see them deviating from it.

For the rest of us who are not as advanced in province, we now get to spend 100's of KP's researching the techs moved closer to the front of the tech tree in order to get all the squad size upgrades to even the odds enough to fight, but will be stuck with a lower number of provinces as under the new system it will be impossible to get so far ahead.

Next up, they will probably clamp down on catering again like they did with the Orcs, so that will be as impossible to progress as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser330

This is absolute garbage.

Been away for a day, came back online to find the battle system is even worse than it ever was.

Not listening to Beta, yet again.
Inno really do seem intent on losing customers and players. At this rate, they'll be bankrupt by Christmas.

Also, the fairy units aren't done yet. Still.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... they release new stuff rather than finished stuff.

So, move 1, computer moved his arrows, and fired at my sorceresses, killed the whole squad with one hit.
I then was allowed to move all my army, and I hit the arrows with everything and killed only 200 of them. Computer's 2nd move, he moved everything, and wiped me out completely.

I now have no army. In two moves, I am completely wiped out.

So now, there are people who have yet to reach even Dwaves who can't negotiate because of Orcs, and now can't fight either.

Edit Marindor: Merged 4 posts into 1. Please use the "edit" button next time if you've forgotten to include something in your posts, thank you :)

DeletedUser1829

Also, the fairy units aren't done yet. Still.

They had stated these were part of a later phase of the battle update. That update is currently on beta so the much needed heavy archer unit for humans and the long anticipated fairy units are on their way, if beta goes well.

DeletedUser2571

I expect most people to expand to the best of their abilities. Than means 95% of all players "fall into the first group". That sux.

So all we need is a little patience, to have our tech catch up. As posted before, I will need aprox 20 weeks of patience. That sux.

Inno anounced the system would be changed. It didnt warn us we would need to hold our breath for half a year. That sux.

Fortunately this is a great game, with lots of great people. That helps a bit ...

DeletedUser1353

What annoys me with this update is that they didn't change the appearance of the new province-units, I went into a province thinking I were going against the good ol' green swamp monsters that are pretty weak. I painfully found out these were better than my blessed paladins, and then I read what they were called: "Ferocious Swamp Monster". They should really have changed the color or something for the upgraded monsters imo to avoid confusion.

DeletedUser

They had stated these were part of a later phase of the battle update. That update is currently on beta so the much needed heavy archer unit for humans and the long anticipated fairy units are on their way, if beta goes well.

I am confused by what you mean by "if beta goes well"?

BekBel

Adventurer
What annoys me with this update is that they didn't change the appearance of the new province-units, I went into a province thinking I were going against the good ol' green swamp monsters that are pretty weak. I painfully found out these were better than my blessed paladins, and then I read what they were called: "Ferocious Swamp Monster". They should really have changed the color or something for the upgraded monsters imo to avoid confusion.
I've noticed this too. The Cannoneer 2s that are suddenly in every province are a bit different to the originals. But otherwise, those wild archers, swamp monsters, enchantress and steinlings look exactly the same as their minor versions. I just looked in one province, it had enchantresses and enchantress 2s, there is no difference between the way they look, at all.

DeletedUser

First was that stupid Orcs and Goblins,I hate it!That was a big mistake from you!
Now this incredible mess with troops and provinces armies,I was waiting for you remove Orcs from the game and the problems with fights in provinces and the costs of negotiate it have a good attention from you,but no you just did mess up more than before.
When I did start to play Elvenar I really did like it,was some sort of a game I did look for.Unfortunately you guys did mess up too much and the game now it is more upsetting than I ever thought that could be.
Guess it is time for me to say Good Bye.You deserve lose players,hope others will quit too!

DeletedUser219

I fear I have been silent far too long.
Reality says: there are no unwinnable battles, there are winnable battles and battles you should not engage in.
Most of the people moaning here are trying tactics that worked in the old system. Since the unit strengths and weakness have changed, tactics need to be rethought.
Those that are facing opponents several times their strength: why bother.
It may be time to come to the realisation that Elvenar is a city development game, not just a city growth game.
I applaud the developers attempt to remind people that the path to a successful city is not to make it bigger, but to make it better.
Most of the large cities I have seen, both in Elvenar and in real life, are incredibly wasteful of their resources, they have lost sight of the fact that quality of life is far more important than quantity of life, they overwork their people to produce things which have no real value and no real purpose except to 'prove' that they are bigger than the city down the road.
To get this back to the topic of this thread, any society requires some form of conflict to improve itself.
If the purpose of that conflict is simply to grow an empire, you end with a civilisation that collapses in upon itself.
If the purpose of that conflict is to preserve a way of life, you have a society that believes in itself and gains strength from within, not needing to expand just to prove its worth.
The new battle system has just started rolling out, we have received the first of three parts.
It is far too soon to be passing judgement on it.
My city in Arendyll is Human. We are disadvantaged at the moment by the lack of a Heavy Ranged unit.
Elves are currently disadvantaged by the lack of a fast melee unit
Both of these lacks will be addressed by the full system.
There are further changes to be made, and I have every confidence that I will be able to fight successfully within the new system once it is fully deployed.

And for those who insist all this is a money grabbing exercise: frogspit! I have yet to purchase any Diamonds. At my stage of life time is more accessible than money, and I am quite willing to take the time to develop my city. And to those who would say: 'That's well enough for you to say, we don't have as much free time.' I will simply point out that you have far more time than I do, as my heart is likely to kill me in the next few years. If this should happen to offend someone with less time than I have, my deepest apologies.

DeletedUser1829

I am confused by what you mean by "if beta goes well"?
Simply you can't say things on beta will 100% come to the live server or the time frame. If all goes to plan you will see them in the next update but these things aren't always predictable.

DeletedUser1614

First at all I was advanced fighter and fight manually with good starategy for any province units I win battles which were hard to win but I winning 90% of them 10% just negotiate. Now with redesign I change strategy and using troops thats should win min 50% of battles but it dropped from 90% to 0% even I beat tournament 20 provinces for all 5 stars now cant win for 4 stars with any combination of units and diffrend kind of strategy

Second the battle gives me fun in this game because build city research tree was pretty simple for me alwyas and now battles are not winnable at all so what keeps me here ? Just build and build city research tree ? not fun at all

Lie number one.

I finished orcs 285 provinces done cant win any battle with any combination of squads because I m far beyond than inno expect me to be like saying Mykan. First circle takes few min to scout then a bit longer and longer eventually with all scouts decrease u are able to scout 300 provinces in time Im playing already.

Lie number 2:

My friend just started dwarves, cant negotiate in circle 10 because of orcs required, cant win any battle in circle 7-9 so Inno expect him to be in circle 3-5 only ? with few months playing and time for scout per province is 7h for him. And just 115 provinces done. So he need to be in fairy or maybe orc chapter now with 115 provinces to win battle ? and tiny little city with no space to upgrade buildings to their size required for every visit race, and talk about residences to gain population to do that first.

Lie number 3:

Im on circle 13 and cant win any battle with 5 suqds vs 4 enemy squads with all troops promotion and monastery lvl 15 ---> enemy squad size as example Enchantress II - 700 troops
My mate on circle 9 and its not possible for him win any battle with squads upgrade II and no monastery at all --> enemy squad size as example Enchantress II - 281 troops

So when we will be able to win any battle ? If for my and his stage army is similar taking care of our progress and province troops are same strong and updated but not updated to lvl of each player progress.

Another mate with Circle 5 at the moment with 5x squad of treat I --> 8 troops each squad vs 2 squads of orcs 155 troop each squad
lost battle in round 2 as orc get close treats and die for 1 hit. Orc have weakness vs archer -10 % defence with archer hit just 5 orcs down. Same with sword dancer as its melee unit and is weak vs orcs, treats cant handle orc anymore as was before , No golems at the moment and No sorc reserched so no chance to win battle. And in same province is even 7 squads facing his 5 with 2 crosbows 125 each squd + swamp monster etc.

AND HIS SCOUTED PROVINCE NUMBER IS 49 --> SO Mykan you talking about INO as u know this all from them or u just putting lies and defending yourself its INNO have not expect us somwhere to far to be , so what u have to say with 49 provinces done and same issue as with 3 diffrent stage of progress ???????

DeletedUser1829

SO Mykan you talking about INO as u know this all from them or u just putting lies and defending yourself its INNO have not expect us somwhere to far to be , so what u have to say with 49 provinces done and same issue as with 3 diffrent stage of progress ???????

All the information I have relayed has come from community managers like muf-muf or marindor from different forums (here, US or beta). People are welcome to read the numerous pages to find that information. As the saying often goes "don't shoot the messenger".

My beta town has 48 provinces unlocked and I have won all but 1 fight out of 6-8 fights there, a mix of province and tournaments. It is slow going for me on beta as I have had to rearrange my town and strategy so I can produce more troops so I can take on more fights and learn. I have also had to research the extra techs that became available to me like golem and sorceress which I will need to win certain fights and need to build up those troops.

Now my win rate is stacked as I intentionally stacked it by choosing fights of a certain criteria that would increase my likelihood of winning, so I can increase my familiarity with mine and the enemy troops and thus increase the difficulty a bit at a time.

There are things I don't like about the update and I feel sorry for those beyond the inno expectation but I am determined to figure out how to work with this or prove them wrong with facts based on their own arguments which is the only thing they will listen to, or everyone stops fighting (note I said fighting not playing as they would have to expect people to quit over this but not expecting people not to fight)

DeletedUser2103

My input on what I seen in my Fellowship regarding this update and just to make it clear it's a fellowship there everyone is pre fariy, most of the are on II or III in the research tree, so it's not that the players have tons of more provinces than they "should" have. The only thing they are trying to do is to get the required provinces to be able to get to the next level. And they all fail.

So the only thing I can tell them is to sell all armories and what every you do, do not upgrade your baracks, because it's just a waste of space. There is absolutely no point in training any units in this game atm.

DeletedUser1829

What is Inno's intend? How many provinces 'should ' we have? Just out of curiosity. And to know when the powers that be, feel like I should start fighting again.

This is the best I have been able to figure out. 10-20 provinces was stated by Marindor as was the Wood Elves expectation, the rest is extrapolated from those comments. Depending on your era and current expansions this might be very bad news.
Province_expansions_by_chapter.jpg

Something of interest is if you are scouting ring by ring notice that even in Wood Elves you are not expected to be at ring 11 yet which is where the orc negotiating requirement kicks in.

DeletedUser2203

I'm quite lost.
How do I know what level/ring/era etc. I am and where I am supposed to be?
Right now, I am basically collecting coins, supplies, & manufacturing goods. There doesn't seem to be anything else that I can do.

DeletedUser363

I have used the provinces I have cleared to fill the expansion space for each section of the tech tree (along with using the City Expansions). If I hadn't scouted all these I would need to use diamonds to get the permitted number of expansions...I did buy some initially, but am not any more, but due to this new update I won't be able to win any combat for a few sections of the tree. I still think they are trying to get more people to buy diamonds to play more easily.

DeletedUser2571

If I read this table correctly, we are supposed to have only slightly more than the required minimum.
That doesnt allow us much leeway.

In my case I will have to wait for aprox 20 weeks before I am supposed to get another province.
Bummer.