• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.15

DeletedUser1925

Glad to see more then 5 squads in tournaments. One more mess.

DeletedUser

Not sure what I think of this update so far. Prior to the update I was in the early part of Chapter 5, with about 90 provinces completed putting me right in the middle of the range of the provinces I should have been in based on the chests that unlock the chapters.

1) Tech moves, the techs I had completed and was working on in Chapter 5 bounced back into Chapter 4 ( Paladin Promotion, Squad Size 11 & 12 ) so I now need to finish up Squad Size 12 to get back into the Chapter 5 tech tree. The annoying part is I was saving the goods so I could unlock Squad Size 12 when I had the Knowledge Points, but they changed the goods on me. :(

2) Bad news. Current battle difficulty increased. A survey of enemies in open provinces prior to the upgrade were about 120% the size of my units based on the old squad size levels. Under the new system my squad size increased by about 40% but the enemies increased more so now surveying the enemies in my open provinces the are now about 160% the size of my units.

3) Good news, finishing up the squad size 12 upgrade, plus squad size 13 and squad size 14 upgrades which moved to the head of Chapter 5 should bring the squad size of my units about even with the enemy units. Will take me 5-6 days ( minus those from the tournament ) to catch back up though.

4) Unknown. Cannot draw any conclusions about the new battle system at this point as it would be useless to waste troops until I get the squad size 12, 13, and 14 techs completed as I see no purpose of fighting until the odds are evened up a bit. I also note that I am seeing a lot more big squads of lower level units at this point as opposed to the squads of higher level units ( heavy infantry, heavy ranged ). Though still seeing a lot of spell casters.

It might be better for fighting if you are in the correct range of provinces completed for your chapter based on the unlocking chest values so probably will not be planning on advancing beyond those levels and living with less expansions than I did when I played on beta.

DeletedUser

Thank you Inno, you have encouraged us with AW to increase troop production speed in Needles of the Tempest, you have given us the Dwarven Bulwark and Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms (which I don't have yet) to increase troop training size, you made it that in order to progress through the Orcs/Goblins we needed to upgrade our armories and they in turn gave us increased training squad size and more training slots when we upgraded our barracks... I followed all these and my training sizes were so large that to produce 5 training squads was taking around 24h and in one fell swoop you have taken it away... now its only 6h 10mins for my 5 training squads to complete. Do you intend that I get up during the night in order to make more troops? Or perhaps you wanted me to surreptitiously add to the training queue while at work!

Oh I forgot, you've changed the battle system and because I, foolishly, thought that I could just scout and clear provinces am being punished for this with fights that I cannot win because I've cleared more provinces than you wanted me to! You allowed me to do it, there was never a point beyond which I could not scout or clear, there was no maximum on my map, and so I, in my foolishness, thought I was playing the game in the way in which it had been intended; only to find out now that in order to progress I must resign myself to using goods to negotiate and not fight those impossible battles. So now your intention is plain, you have decided that this is indeed a city builder game and troops are no longer required and I look forward to the changes and balancing which you will bring to goods manufactories to make it "easier" to negotiate.

DeletedUser1925

Obstacles still not fixed.
No audio while battling. This suppose to be a joke? How can you do that? This version was in beta for weeks.

@Marindor, why you couldn't update straight update to version 1.16?

I mean you won't be fixing anything in 1.15 version since you already moved on to 1.16 on beta server.

and that battle is impossible to win.

Attachments

• missing-something.jpg
    missing-something.jpg
    671.9 KB · Views: 95
  • impossible-to-win.jpg
    impossible-to-win.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1991

Well, here's another unhappy camper! I'm a newish player and have suddenly dropped from the end of stage 4 to the beginning of stage 3. I cannot win ANY, and I mean ANY battles. What is the point of this exercise in futility? I shall certainly not spend another cent on diamonds and honestly I am seriously reconsidering whether to continue playing. It seems totally pointless now!

DeletedUser363

Well, here's another unhappy camper! I'm a newish player and have suddenly dropped from the end of stage 4 to the beginning of stage 3. I cannot win ANY, and I mean ANY battles.

I was under the impression this new upgrade was to hinder those of us further in the game, not relatively new players, it really isn't going well is it!!:mad:

DeletedUser

I was under the impression this new upgrade was to hinder those of us further in the game, not relatively new players, it really isn't going well is it!!:mad:

In order to know for sure, those of us in the early and middle stage of the game must spend a bunch of time going back and completing all battle tech that moved earlier in the tech tree.

Even though I was where the game designers thought I should be before the upgrade and was able to fight fairly well, I am now behind in tech and until I catch up those techs, I don't dare fight as the enemy units have increased in size much more relative to my units. Three squad size upgrades are now behind or at where I was that I need to complete now before fighting at a delay of 4-5 days worth of KP.

DeletedUser1991

For me it's more like 14 days worth of KP and I'm not really sure it's worth the effort. Probably longer because I can no longer fight to win KP. So yeah, probably like a month before I get back to where I was.

DeletedUser1829

With the tech tree re-arranging many of you are saying you are going backwards but much of that research has been brought forward. If you plan to fight the military techs are essential, don't try fighting unless you are up-to-date in those. @CuchulainJBay wait until you do the new military techs you can access and then try fighting, it will make a big difference.

DeletedUser1991

With the tech tree re-arranging many of you are saying you are going backwards but much of that research has been brought forward. If you plan to fight the military techs are essential, don't try fighting unless you are up-to-date in those. @CuchulainJBay wait until you do the new military techs you can access and then try fighting, it will make a big difference.

It is going take me a month to get the KP to get back to where I was. I can no longer fight to win KP. My enthusiasm for this game right now is ZERO,

DeletedUser

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback so far. As explained on Beta as well, the changes on the World Map battles are needed to fix the big imbalance we currently have with players being able to win fights against armies that are 5-6 times as large as their own, by using certain overpowered troops. Because of this, you are able to scout and obtain provinces way further ahead than you should at this point in the game, giving the game a certain imbalance of which the consequences will be a lot bigger if we don't do something about it. Battles that are reasonable at the point in the game you're at (so against armies that are up to about twice your size), will still be winnable but when the difference between armies gets too big, it's not realistic (nor preferable in terms of game balance) to still be able to win these fights. This is the short explanation on that. On Beta I have made some pretty big posts about it, so if you want all details, by all means go and take a look there in the thread to which is linked in one of the posts above.

On the AI part: Our development team is currently looking into that. We have asked for some specific cases on Beta, so our development team can investigate this. In some cases it's about players having more than 300 provinces and therefore facing battles they just shouldn't be able to win yet and in some cases, battles should be more or less in balance so we're investigating if anything goes wrong there and if so, what it is. Auto battle will still be possible, although it is true that manual battle will give you a bit of advantage when facing stronger enemies. With the right skills, use of terrain and tactics you will be able to defeat slightly stronger enemies than when you would let the AI do all the work for you. :)
Dear Humans and Elves,

Here you can find the Release Notes for game version 1.15, which is planned for next Wednesday. This version includes the redesigned Battle System, as well as a lot of bug fixes. Please leave your feedback in this thread :)

I've just been trying to fight with the new combat system and my troops have been exterminated. So, basically, Elvenar have responded to player feedback about the combat system being too hard by MAKING IT EVEN HARDER, like ridiculously, stupidly, impossibly hard. Along with this, they mess with the tech tree so that people have to go back and complete technologies that they have already completed. I'm going to mull this over for a day or two, but I think I'll probably just abandon the game. I've heard that FORGE OF EMPIRES is quite good. Should I hop over to that? What do people think?

Edit Marindor: Post edited. Please watch your language a bit on the forum. You don't have to swear to make your point. Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The problem is that I WOULD have invested in those techs before I allocated points to other techs further down the line, but now I have to complete those techs again before I can do any combat...which is annoying.

DeletedUser2568

I am towards the end of chapter IV in one world, playing as elf, and early in chapter II in the other world, playing as human, and this update has completely shafted me in both worlds. I am not exactly an advanced player but was very regular and really wanted to continue growing my cities. I was not miles ahead of the number of provinces expected in each chapter, only a little bit, and was prepared to wait for my squad sizes to upgrade before I fought much more, but now I am outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1 and have to go back and complete at least three squad upgrades before I can consider fighting again (might be more, I don't quite understand the maths of how the upgrades work now). How am I supposed to gain 60 or 100 KP when I can't fight battles? This is so depressing, I can hardly be bothered to play any more.

DeletedUser1614

I fight alot so here my own fellings

+ size squad on battle ground is bigger than before (hope enemy squad size will be equal my size squad --> find out when scouting will be done ) not like before 8-10 enemies squads vs 5 squads with example 1 enemy squad 1500 orcs vs my 300 acrobats + have 4 squads left and enemy still 7 no chance to win that
+ training size in barracks is bigger
+ lower costs

- Battle redesign is a joke ( Im talking about which unit can beat another) Treat vs archer hahahahha takes ages to catch archer oh sorry treat get down before he would get close. Golem vs heavy mele unit was awesome now = rubish. Sorc was big hope vs most enemies with 70% breaking valor now arches beating my sorc. Personally this change is trash

DeletedUser363

How am I supposed to gain 60 or 100 KP

I think INNO expect you to spend days just sat twiddling your thumbs, with not a lot to do, whilst you get your hourly KP, they haven't taken on board that people get fed up of sitting around waiting for KP, or maybe they have...wanting to try and get you to buy diamonds to buy your KP, most adjustments to the game seem to be to try and push you to diamond purchases these days, I wonder when they will realise this just makes us dig our heels in more and NOT buy diamonds?:confused:o_O