• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.15

Killiak

Artisan
The fact that feedback is being forwarded does not however mean that we blow off the whole rebalancing because far advanced players don't like being limited on the World Map progress right now. As I tried to explain: We do this with a reason and wouldn't do this if we didn't think it was necessary to restore the game balance.

You do realize this is pretty much the definition of ignoring right?
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ignore

And you know damn well that it wasn't just the far advanced players. It was EVERYBODY.

DeletedUser

Don't be too vocal or you will lose your voice! Obviously they did not tell me that posting a rating site was bad, or I would not do it, stickler for the rules and all that!

I'm aware of that. However, as long as one does not resort to personal insults, profanity or other infringements of netiquette, we should reasonably expect not to be gagged. A lot of us would still be paying players if we didn't feel like we are being forced to pay. I do not understand why the creators of elvenar do not care about that.

DeletedUser2586

Being a former Beta tester, an not long having started playing the released version.. have to say I am seriously disappointed with the latest update for the game. Per the Release note for the game.. it is clearly stated & I quote here.. ''Many technologies have been moved in the technology tree, mostly those related to battle: units have been moved forwards, and two 'squad size increase' technologies have been moved forward, so that they are more evenly distributed over the research tree. It can be possible that you will have to research those moved technologies first, before you can progress at the end of the technology tree. ''If you had already unlocked them, they will remain unlocked for you.''

Paladin research, which got moved according to the Release notes, from Chpt. 3 to Chpt. 2, got dumped in front of the last Squad Upgrade I was doing. Which.. was # 5, I had the required Knowledge points invested in that, which went the way of the dodo bird.. bye bye.. that part, while not particularly happy about... am not too put out on.

The part that I am particularly ticked off about, is in Squad Upgrade 3 & 4... which were well before the move of Paladin research.. an NOW.. have to be redone.. @ a substantial loss of everything that was done to do them to begin with... I am NOT amused... in the slightest! ''If you had already unlocked them, they will remain unlocked for you.'' Hah... I call ''bullocks'' on that statement...

My style of playing, is.. an I went with Military instead of the other option, by the way.. despite that, I will sometimes fight for resource shards/relics... but most times.. having the resources/coins/etc., will negotiate.. rather than fight.. Now.. have to seriously wonder if I will end up negotiate instead of even trying to battle.. Tournaments, I could much rather, care less about... to get what is needed for the production of goods stuff, instead of having the option to duke it out for them or negotiate...

Smooth move Dev's... NOT.!

DeletedUser363

And now have had players leave this morning as they have had too much with the latest upgrade. We had this exodus with the Orcs, now the upgrade, I predict that it will continue with the next Upgrade or race unless INNO get their act together (or start actually caring about what happens)

DeletedUser

Wow!!! Not impressed with this update.
I am pretty much a noob in the game being in the middle of the tech tiers of Chapter 3 in winyandor and on the last tier of chapter 1 in arendyll.

I had already discovered that my squads could not fight and win in winyandor and put this down to needing to upgrade the tech - fair comment I have completed 49 of 50 provinces so far and would be ahead of "where I should be" and now have to go back and research a squad size again. But even with this research the enemy armies statistically cannot be beaten with the troops available for "where I should be"!

In Arendyll, I have provinces 9 of 10 so would assume I am "where I should be" being in the last tier. My troops are totally unable to kill the enemy as I have to be well into chapter 2 before I get something that can counter the enemies in chapter 1. How do I fight against heavy ranged and 31 light melee for the last province with lvl 1 archers and sword dancers?
I like to mix negotiating and fighting to gain provinces and KP. Now it is impossible to fight at all in either world.
The game has now become totally unbalanced in favour of the enemy and progression is a futile effort unless you spend to progress or pay for the resources to negotiate.
I have spent some money on diamonds but now regret this outlay as even us noobs have been unfairly regressed. Seeing how unhappy people are makes me think that it is no longer worthwhile investing any more time or effort here.

Also a warning - don't waste your time on Forge of Empires either - it too is unbalanced and only the coiners progress. If you want to pay to play FoE is your game, otherwise avoid it.

Deleted User - 106219

Of course we have introduced extra premium expansions available from the start a few weeks ago and you could interpret that as trying to get players to buy expansions for diamonds now because they're limited on the World Map, but as I said: That's not the way it works and is also not the reason behind these changes.
Well, as a regular player here's what I see:
- On one hand you guys keep adding more and more buildings we need to build: First were just the Barracks and the Trader, now we also have the Magicless Academy, the Training Grounds and the Mercenary Camp, plus we're expected to build at least a few of the Ancient Wonders. Those buildings take a lot of extra space but no additional City Expansions were added to the tech tree.
- On the other hand we have:
-- the same number of tech tree expansions as before
-- an increased number of Premium Expansions (because apparently 21 Premium Expansions were too few)
-- a decreased number of World Map expansions we can get (due to all the “balancing” that has been done)

In short, we have more demand for space in our cities, an increased number of premium expansions available and a decreased number of free expansions available. Gee, I wonder why people might think that your “balancing” is just a veiled attempt to get them to buy more expansions?

Supposedly some units were overpowered. I'd say some units (such as Light Ranged) were UNDERpowered. Decreasing the power of the “overpowered” units only made all of our units weaker and changed which units are useless. For example Treants: Slow and act last due to low initiative. Supposedly good against Heavy Ranged, but:
- Heavy Ranged units act before Treants, so they can hit and weaken the Treants before the poor trees even reach their targets
- Enchantresses can weaken the defense of Treants, significantly reducing any advantage they might have against Heavy Ranged
- Obstacles are a HUGE problem for Treants, as the poor trees take forever to get around any but the smallest obstacles
Previously Treants were useful only in Crystal Provinces, some Marble provinces, and occasionally in Tournaments. Now they are even less useful. Great, right?

DeletedUser1974

People I understand your frustration, but the new battle system is NEW, so it will take some adjustment. There is a great doc out on the net that really helps. Its not my doc so I do not want to add the link. (elvenar new battle system facebook)

DeletedUser1991

I first have to get 255 KP. Going to take a long time without being able to fight at all!

Killiak

Artisan
People I understand your frustration, but the new battle system is NEW, so it will take some adjustment. There is a great doc out on the net that really helps. Its not my doc so I do not want to add the link. (elvenar new battle system facebook)

The beta people had a good while to try it out. They didn't change their opinion.
So far, it isn;t looking too great for me either.

DeletedUser9

Scouting costs haven't changed and they will be reduced with every "Advanced Scouts" technology you research, which also reduces the scouting times and the sizes of the enemies you face in these provinces (for the higher the scouting costs are, the stronger the enemies).

DeletedUser

Scouting costs haven't changed and they will be reduced with every "Advanced Scouts" technology you research, which also reduces the scouting times and the sizes of the enemies you face in these provinces (for the higher the scouting costs are, the stronger the enemies).

So since mine went up from 720 to 800K I should put in a support ticket?

Deleted User - 106219

The scouting costs increase with every province you scout. Did you maybe start scouting a new province? That might be the reason for the sudden cost increase, especially if it was in a distant ring.

If you did not do anything and the scouting cost for a province increased from 720K to 800K for no obvious reason you should definitely contact support.

DeletedUser

The scouting costs increase with every province you scout. Did you maybe start scouting a new province? That might be the reason for the sudden cost increase, especially if it was in a distant ring.

If you did not do anything and the scouting cost for a province increased from 720K to 800K for no obvious reason you should definitely contact support.

I did recently finish scouting a province, I was not aware that it increased with amount of provinces, as well as "ring"
How do I get clarification that the increase is a thing, is it in the wiki?

DeletedUser363

I did recently finish scouting a province, I was not aware that it increased with amount of provinces, as well as "ring"
How do I get clarification that the increase is a thing, is it in the wiki?

It doesn't say it in the Wiki as far as I can see, but I have just started scouting a province, and all the provinces that were the same scouting value as the started one now cost more. I noticed this from the start of the game, each scouting gets more expensive within the same ring, let alone in subsequent rings;)

DeletedUser219

Quite true, all Provinces in the ring are the same cost initially. When you Scout one, the rest go up by an increment. When you hit one that is a LOT higher, that's in the next ring.
If you can observe it from Day 1, it doesn't really need to be in the Wiki.

DeletedUser

Quite true, all Provinces in the ring are the same cost initially. When you Scout one, the rest go up by an increment. When you hit one that is a LOT higher, that's in the next ring.
If you can observe it from Day 1, it doesn't really need to be in the Wiki.

That hasn't been my observation... they have been the same, or at least several in a row have?

"If one person asks, it needs to be in the wiki, as there are 100 people who don't"

If you ever train people in anything at all, you know that if you ask a group for questions, no-one has one. You then push someone to ask, you get other people suddenly having questions.

EDIT: Ok, so tested it out and it does go up by 10k (in this instance) I guess I never noticed as the number is generally unimportant and I view catering provinces as a chore, rather than something I find fun. The more you know.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1345

So since mine went up from 720 to 800K I should put in a support ticket?

I wish my scouting costs was only 800k!
My current scoutable provinces have a cost ranging from 4,400k to 5,600k, each...and I have a couple which will cost 6,600k.

DeletedUser219

@nakeDaNdAfriad If your posts violate the rules, for example being profane or abusive, they deserve to be deleted, and there is no real reason to shout, they can't read it better because you don't know how to capitalise properly. As a player who has been here much longer than you have, I don't feel abandoned nor put upon by this update.