• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.15

DeletedUser2452

So far the AI on Beta has not been updated for use with the new battle system. Therefor using Autofight usually results in much higher losses (or even an outright loss of the battle) than manual combat.

AI is always get bigger bigger loss than manual < unless you have super bad manual >

Manual has no chance to win in contential map
after 1st round, enemy still has 95 to 100% soldier and
you already nearly down to 10 to 20% soldier
without starting 2nd round, you already know it is a "mission impossible"

the above is with the scenario that sanctuary reach level 15 ( max attack strength )

DeletedUser1854

As has been repeated several times now by our wonderful Community Manager; the devs want to slow you down because you are going way too fast. You need to slow down, and get frustrated by the boring slowness, so you will BUY diamonds and become a PREMIUM player.

It's about monetizing this game. No more, no less.

It's not a different subject. It is what this whole change boils down too, it's the actual (and the only) logical consequence.
Non-premium players can expand fast enough, by either negotiation or smart use of combat units , which means they do not get bored or stuck in chapters/tech. And because they have OPTIONS to keep growing and building what they need, they can keep their cycle of growth going.

So basically, this change will limit their combat option, which will limit their city growth, which means they can build less, which ALSO limits their growth because they will have less resources for negotiation/building/combat units.

But luckily there are diamonds!

It becomes more clear with every one of your posts...

Yeah, well, they won't get a single penny from me from now on, I am stucked at Orc level, and I am getting bored....

DeletedUser

The day of reckoning is upon us.

Basically, our feedback is appreciated and then utterly ignored. I wonder how many players the game will lose this time around.

With the exception of releasing a bug fix update and the moving people, most of the feedback is ignored. Why would this be any different?
I know when I tried a small amount in a tournament, I came 300th, with very little effort, so there are not a huge amount of people doing them, or people just are no longer bothering with the game and being invested, rather just logging in and doing bits and pieces.

Which is the worst customer to have, one that uses your bandwidth, complains to anyone who will listen and doesn't pay. There will come a time when all this matters, the question remains whether it will kill the game or not.

The forums are also not particularly representative, as you can get banned with no warning or reason <shrug>

DeletedUser363

As has been repeated several times now by our wonderful Community Manager; the devs want to slow you down because you are going way too fast. You need to slow down, and get frustrated by the boring slowness, so you will BUY diamonds and become a PREMIUM player.

The only thing is, there is no point in buying diamonds, if you can't expand anymore then no point in buying diamonds to get further and then be stuck waiting for the Wood Elves.
Of course, they want me to buy diamonds, to sell buildings, drop in the rankings, then spend diamonds to try and recover where I was ...not going to happen, I bought diamonds earlier in the game, then realised what a waste it was, there are better things for my to waste my money on than this game.;)

Killiak

Artisan
I know when I tried a small amount in a tournament, I came 300th, with very little effort, so there are not a huge amount of people doing them, or people just are no longer bothering with the game and being invested, rather just logging in and doing bits and pieces.

Or just less and less players, because of <rehash all old threads and reasons>.

DeletedUser1925

Or just less and less players, because of <rehash all old threads and reasons>.
But coming up 300th doesn't give you any bonus. You have to play a lot to gain any ranking points. You have to play like you are insane. ;)

DeletedUser363

But coming up 300th doesn't give you any bonus. You have to play a lot to gain any ranking points. You have to play like you are insane. ;)

Or use a lot of diamonds....if you look at those with 1000 points 2 minutes after the Tournament starts, no way can they have played that number of tournaments that quickly lol

DeletedUser

If I remember correctly, the initial excuse made for revamping the battle system was to make it "easier" and more attractive to players. That is obvious BS, as is the excuse it's about balance.
  • Lots of people were stuck unable to fight due to enemy units being too large in the past. Better troops were added to make people able to fight again.
  • People affected by the above could still negotiate
  • That was then prevented for all but those at the end of the tech tree by adding orcs, but people could still fight to a limited degree
  • This in turn is now also no longer possible, but people at the end of the tech tree can still negotiate
So, if people advanced "too far" it is the result of bad game design. What we are seeing here is a game that went live before it was remotely finished and which still is not finished and which tests stuff on a beta server for no apparent reason since it gets released to the live servers anyway, irrespective of anything so why bother with beta in the first place? It seems the devs churn something out which then causes problems because it was not thought out, so something else equally unthought out is changed to create more problems, and so on. Also, there's no such thing as advancing too far while it still remains possible by buying diamonds, and as has been pointed out, expansion is restricted anyway by a limitation of the grid. The restricted grid is clearly there to set a limit, and if it's all about not letting people carry on exploring the map once they hit that limit, the issue could simply be solved by locking further exploration once people hit that limit, or even by reserving part of the grid for bought expansions if we are going to be pushing pay to win aspects. i.e., people can expand x amount of times via exploration, after which any further expansions on the map are locked unless they buy them.

It's really obvious that this - like previous changes - is being made only to prevent those who do not regularly buy diamonds from having a high score. The addition of orcs already led me to leave my previous FS on Winyandor because I could no longer compete with players who had access to more space due to having been at the end of the tech tree when it was implemented. I cannot imagine new players are having a better experience since they now have to build MA and have tons of AW to collect and build.

It's quite bizarre that we are honestly expected to believe this is about balance as opposed to about pressuring people to buy diamonds and/or making the game utterly boring and frustrating unless we do. Of course people who previously bought diamonds are equally being punished, but apparently their custom is as undesirable as that of the ftp players, unless they continue to fork out cash. I honestly don't know why anyone would buy diamonds in the game at this stage unless they were a new player unaware of the situation.

DeletedUser1925

I do play tournaments. But catering costs are too big and with fighting you can't come far unless you play tournaments every 14 days and waiting 16h per level means no Level 6. Unless I become zombie and you don't want that or do you?

City Expansions from tech tree only are not enough. This isn't FoE.
Marindor, why still no response? Do you want us to become zombies?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2548

Just registered on the forum to vent my spleen.

Never spending a further penny on diamonds. The latest update has rejigged the research, so now you have to spend knowledge points on things you didn't need to before to progress.

Can they make this game any more tedious and boring?

They're doing it..

DeletedUser1925

The update is live a long with messed up research tree squad researches. All core now... except one I already researched isn't core anymore. 158 KP will go to waist. Before I can continue with current chapter. + 29 KP I researched already and now is not core anymore. I really appreciate that! At least I'll have one week more to upgrade Faires settlements. (which i don't need). They will really settle to the roots!

I guess you just like to mess up with people. BETA server isn't experiment server and last bugs to fix before going live. The people are the experiment!

DeletedUser

Went to do a fight, turns out I don't have enough troops to make the right amount of squads... which I did before. #InnoDoesItAgain

DeletedUser363

I had about 40 squads of treants before the upgrade, now I have 4, brilliant! I know we were told the numbers would change, but to this amount...it's ridiculous. Yes, training is quicker, with larger numbers, but you need so many more per squad it will take longer, then they'll all die in fighting, and more die in tournaments.

DeletedUser1925

I had about 40 squads of treants before the upgrade, now I have 4, brilliant! I know we were told the numbers would change, but to this amount...it's ridiculous. Yes, training is quicker, with larger numbers, but you need so many more per squad it will take longer, then they'll all die in fighting, and more die in tournaments.
Squad changed but you still have the same amount of troops. At least something they didn't messed up.
The rest is big mess. I don't wan to fight! This means i didn't want to research branchless squad sizes! Now they messed up everything and We have to research this too!

Also this downgrade will make me stand still for at least two weeks with encountering provinces. Because of needing orc's to negotiate and sure we will not be able to fight past ring 10.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
well treants took the biggest hit of all, not only is you squadsize 5 times as big, but their size also halved, So thats why its so big of a difference.
If you would have had 40 squads of golems, you'd still have 8 left. Theres a reason they warned us to use out units

DeletedUser363

The update is live a long with messed up research tree squad researches. All core now... except one I already researched isn't core anymore.

they aren't core in the Orcs though, only upgrade 24, saying that, we'll need all the squad upgrades we can get to try and win any fights :confused:

DeletedUser2378

The new battle system is very unbalanced and should undergo a serious revision before being introduced on the live servers.

Personal note:
Since the new battle system will be installed as it is right now, with no future improvements announced yet, I would encourage everyone to conquer as many provinces as they can before the update takes place - or start building a whole lot more manufactories so that you will at least be able to negotiate new provinces for your province expansions.

Thanks for your "Personal note" on this unbelievable 'update', NormaJeane
I'm heading to follow this tactic until things come to some better balance,
as they seem to be off-balance right now, at least as we knew it so far

:oops:
except I was about into getting an Expansion to have more buildings, which now I need at least 100 more KPs to get back where I was in the Tree, and actually get the Expansion ...
:confused::eek::oops:

In any case, I'm following this piece of advice from NormaJeane, & hope for the best!
:D