• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Season of Joy

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update of the latest addition to Elvenar: Season of Joy.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Sir Derf

Adept
Season of Joy Season Pass observation -

Standard Season Pass for me costs $14.99 (not offered to buy it with Diamonds)
The Premium Reward path this Season contains 3 rewards totaling 800 diamonds.

Compare and contrast with the store offering 1100 Diamonds for $9.99.

Pretty sneaky, INNO...

Sir Derf

Adept
Also, thanks for the official advance notice...

No countdown graphic overlay.
Forum announcement posted essentially coincident with the start of the Season.

Lymhir

Spellcaster
Standard Season Pass for me costs $14.99 (not offered to buy it with Diamonds)
The Premium Reward path this Season contains 3 rewards totaling 800 diamonds.

Compare and contrast with the store offering 1100 Diamonds for $9.99.
I only point out this, taking 2400 diamonds at 19.99 euros as a reference:
3000 diamonds -> about 25 euros
800 diamonds -> about 6.5 euros
Now
14.99 - 6.5 = 8.49 euros
is the net cost of the pass in euros, which compared to 25 euros seems significantly less than in the previous season :)

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Right then My Fiends,

I have had it confirmed that this is as intended.

As @Lymhir has kindly worked out, YES the Pass needs to be purchased via the Shop by means of 14:99 Euro Cash Payment however, this is at a cheaper rate than that of 3000 Diamonds.

Now I understand that you will say that the 3000 Diamond Purchase allowed you to use those Diamonds that you have won in game and please know that I have raised that statement for you!

Now, in addition to the 14:99 Euros, you will receive for your efforts 800 Diamonds back if you work your way along the Milestones. So there is a bit of bang for your buck!

Kind Regards

Herodite.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Inno has outdone themselves again on this one then. It doesn't surprise me anymore, that they force their players to spend actual money instead of being able to spend diamonds they earned in game. Yet another cash grab! I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad...

Killiak

Artisan
@Herodite So real money, no diamonds, which is another minus to the free players.

Effectively showing that they are indeed ramping up the FOMO and monetization, whilst their forum mods and community managers did not know about this, and not even announcing the start of the new season.

Not a good look, to my opinion.

Killiak

Artisan
I only point out this, taking 2400 diamonds at 19.99 euros as a reference:
3000 diamonds -> about 25 euros
800 diamonds -> about 6.5 euros
Now
14.99 - 6.5 = 8.49 euros
is the net cost of the pass in euros, which compared to 25 euros seems significantly less than in the previous season :)

Significantly more than € 0.00 , which was the cost for those who save up diamonds through the game.

Lymhir

Spellcaster
Significantly more than € 0.00 , which was the cost for those who save up diamonds through the game.
If you think that the diamonds you get during the game are at no cost, you are mistaken.
Time is money ...
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

kimkimkim

Summoner
OK reading up on everything concerning the season pass for this new season (maybe we can get all the comments about it moved to this thread)......I can confirm that my button as well says unlock despite the fact that I have welllllllll over 3000 diamonds available Screenshot (4).png
but I agree with @Killiak and I said it before.....I would only buy the season pass if the items that were offered were items that are rare to get nowadays, not items that you can obtain in events or in the magic academy.....just my opinion though

Lymhir

Spellcaster
I would only buy the season pass if the items that were offered were items that are rare to get nowadays, not items that you can obtain in events or in the magic academy.....just my opinion though
You are absolutely right. :)

C-Nymph

Necromancer
maybe we can get all the comments about it moved to this thread
Yes, sorry about that, there was not even a Season of Joy thread yet when the feature started in game, which is why I replied to the previous Season of Dreams thread at first. But I wouldn't mind having my posts about it moved to this thread, to keep it all gathered and clearly organised in one place.

Doesn't that look friendly enough with the little face? :)
So in your book, as long as you smile, you're allowed to call someone delusional? Friendly piece of advice: read up on the Forum rules, specifically Rule number 2 before you reply again.

Killiak

Artisan
If you think that the diamonds you get during the game are at no cost, you are mistaken.
Time is money ...
:)

If in your mind those diamond are worth money, then it makes even LESS sense for Inno to not let players use them for in-game purchases such as a season pass.

Basically, Inno is screwing everybody over.

Last edited by a moderator:

kimkimkim

Summoner
Yes, sorry about that, there was not even a Season of Joy thread yet when the feature started in game, which is why I replied to the previous Season of Dreams thread at first. But I wouldn't mind having my posts about it moved to this thread, to keep it all gathered and clearly organised in one place.
no need to be sorry .....it's all good.....I got through everything :)

Lymhir

Spellcaster
If in your mind those diamond are worth money, then it makes even LESS sense for Inno to not let players use them for in-game purchases such as a season pass.
It may not make sense from the players' point of view, but it does from their point of view, they made a choice whether we like it or not.
In my opinion 3000 diamonds was really exaggerated, not that it is much better now ... given the content as @kimkimkim also said.

kimkimkim

Summoner
@Herodite .......has this been confirmed that the unlock is intended and therefore this season you can not buy the pass with diamonds......soooo:confused::confused::confused: