• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Season of Dreams

m4rt1n

Adept
Yeah. Me too! I waited too long and ended up missing entirely due to getting my time zones out of whack with daylight saving. Bah, humbug!!! :mad: :mad:

Season of Dreams still has 34+ hours to run, you can still do the new dailies in 30 mins time and any outstanding weeklies.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Took me a while to work out, that should have been made clearer, the outer chests should have had the same golden padlock displayed as previous prizes in my opinion.

@Herodite could you please feed this back as I waited to see if more opened after gaining enough for 2 extra chests before working it out.
We are aware of is and it was fed back some time ago to be resolved for future Seasons.

m4rt1n

Adept
On my collection of the 3rd and final chest for the season, the golden padlocks were there so maybe a hotfix, oh well nothing worth spending 3000 diamonds on, that is the equivalent of buying 10 blueprints, or around $£€30 maybe next time make it worthwile as I got nothing I hadn't had before, rare buildings like wishing wells or some of the rare troop booster buildings.

I feel rather disappointed as some of the quests were very tedious to my game play especially dailies asking for 5,15, or 60 min workshops.

OldHag

Necromancer
I've completed all quests up unto this point and am at 10/130 on the way to level 54, with 24hrs left, so we may get a last lot of dailies tomorrow which would make it 30/130 (on completion) I haven't collected the middle chest yet.
On page 11 of the rewards window, in the centre is a gold/purple circle, yesterday, below the circle it read x2- today it reads x3, can anyone tell me what that's about, please.

Jake65

Sage
I've completed all quests up unto this point and am at 10/130 on the way to level 54, with 24hrs left, so we may get a last lot of dailies tomorrow which would make it 30/130 (on completion) I haven't collected the middle chest yet.
On page 11 of the rewards window, in the centre is a gold/purple circle, yesterday, below the circle it read x2- today it reads x3, can anyone tell me what that's about, please.
I've got x0 but I've opened all the blessing chests immediately.
The x? probably refers to how many chests you have available to open.
Open them!!!!! :D

owl76

Bard
The x2 (or x3) are that you have 2 (or 3) bonus chests to collect.

OldHag

Necromancer
The x2 (or x3) are that you have 2 (or 3) bonus chests to collect.
I've only got the middle one, so it should read x1 unless I get to open that chest 3 times......haha

Edit :- I just opened the middle chest and to my delight, I did get to open it 3 times, what a nice surprise. :)

Killiak

Artisan
I can't help but feel the whole season setup is meant to 'force' people to play daily. It was a very FOMO oriented experience, even while the rewards were so-so.

Didn't really enjoy it, personally.

Sir Derf

Adept
Worse still, I don't think they had their FOMO-meter dialed up to 10.

In my opinion, there wasn't really a progression to the prize track; up to and including that I don't think the 50th prize was all that special. Yes, I wanted prizes in a generic sense, and yes, I wanted through to the end for completeness sake, but I didn't really want any individual prize.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I agree. If anything, it made me resent having to do the tasks on a daily basis, which made my experience of the overall game start to feel like a tedious chore. Did not like it at all.
And because the rewards were 'meh' to say the least, and because the quests forced me to do/spend stuff I don't normally do/use in my regular gameplay, it felt like a loss, so I think I'm just going to skip the Seasons from now on, as it's messing with my ability to actually enjoy playing this game.

I specifically have my whole city and game experience built around not having the need to login daily if I don't feel like it (I often do login daily, even multiple times a day, but then it's a choice, and that's a big difference!). I do tourney and spire runs once a week, which I center around one weekend by placing boosters and feeding the polar bear on Friday, and feeding the Fire and Twilight Phoenix on Friday + Tuesday, therefore being able to do an entire spire+tourney run on Friday and Tuesday only, meaning I feel like I have the rest of the week and one entire weekend 'off' to do whatever I like. I'm still a very active player, I am AM of a very active FS, but I have the option to skip a day if I choose to do so.

The Seasons with their daily and weekly demands, made me feel very uncomfortable and restricted. I know it's voluntary, but it felt compulsory because of the high FOMO level (even if the meter wasn't yet dialed up to 10), despite the rewards being unsatisfactory. So I've basically done an entire Season against my will "and all I got was a lousy T-shirt", so to speak.

So that's a big "No, thank you!" to future Seasons. Gave it a try, didn't enjoy. Back to playing the game the way I like to play it.

Last edited:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
So the new Season of 'Joy' just arrived... And it's not that I'll be playing it actively (maybe just the quests that get completed automatically with my regular game play, I'll be ignoring it for the rest), but.... I have noticed something peculiar.
I play two different cities, and have noticed a difference in cost for the Seasonal Premium Pass...

City 1 shows (as far as I know) the normal cost for the Season Pass, which is 3000 diamonds.
1682591991906.png

City 2 though shows a button that reads "Unlock":
1682592050790.png

And when I click on it, it requires hard cash instead of diamonds:
1682592090897.png

Now, this 2nd city currently has less than 3000 diamonds in stock, so this could be an explanation, however, another fellow of mine has more than enough diamonds in stock to be able to pay 3000, but they also do not have the blue diamond button, but only the "unlock" button redirecting them to the screen to buy the season pass with actual real world money.

What is this??? First of all, why is there a difference between players?? And secondly, why would you force players to spend actual cash??

Last edited:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Update: a cache refresh in city 2 did not solve the unlock button to turn back into a 3000 diamonds button.

Now here's the thing though... I did a cache refresh in city 1 and that actually made the 3000 diamonds button disappear and turn into the unlock button I saw in the 2nd city. So it's actually intentional???!!!

Last edited:

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Brilliant! Thank you! Yes he's discussing it in another Thread. I put some screenshots up of mine because I don't seem to have the same issue as you guys. Im passing it across now to find out what's happening. MAY require a ticket, but i'll let you know if that's the case!

Herodite.