• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

You knew it was coming....

Avaline

Alchemist
Hello,
This is a short resume of a multi FS discussion from Fely (Thank you everyone for participation).
Below are our sugestions to balance things.

- More sources for Spell Fragments (Tournament?, more in Spire)
- Either reduce the numbers of RR needed at rune phase or increase the number of RRs we are receiving in Tournament. Please keep in mind players from small fellowships that are not able to achieve 10 chests.
- There’s a need of an alternative building for newer players to obtain CC. (Eg. Those who have missed the Tinlug event and too small to get the Dragon Ark).

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
- There’s a need of an alternative building for newer players to obtain CC. (Eg. Those who have missed the Tinlug event and too small to get the Dragon Ark).
One of the grand prizes of the next event will give 1CC/24h. Not as good as Tinlug but I guess it's a start.

Avaline

Alchemist
One of the grand prizes of the next event will give 1CC/24h. Not as good as Tinlug but I guess it's a start.
I know, yet its still an event building that is going to be obtainable for a limited period of time.

Hello,
This is a short rezume of a multi FS discussion from Fely (Thank you everyone for participation).
Below are our sugestions to balance things.

- More sources for Spell Fragments (Tournament?, more in Spire)
- Either reduce the numbers of RR needed at rune phase or increase the number of RRs we are receiving in Tournament. Please keep in mind players from small fellowships that are not able to achieve 10 chests.
Agreed, make frags a tourney reward and increase the number gained in the Spire. The frags issue is the main problem. Needing 600k+ frags to upgrade a single AW is neither positive, nor an improvement. And I've yet to read a single comment singing its praises.

Here's a fun idea: everyone earns 10 frags per point earned in the tourney.

The culture problem was annoying but not the end of the world. Mods, please stop deflecting the issues raised here and lumping them under the culture drop heading. It's a disingenuous tactic used by lazy people managers.

Hekata

Artisan
I know, yet its still an event building that is going to be obtainable for a limited period of time.
The moonstone library is the one building that's always craftable. But to make things more fair they should add Tinlug permanently to crafting. like the Phoenixes and bears.

This is an idea for a new AW :)
I'd say a good idea for a new pet. If they made a new AW like that it would be in chapter 22 at best so most players could't get it.

Killiak

Artisan
Players have been asking us to handle the Spell Fragments surplus, since we introduced the Spire of Eternity in 2019. This is just another way to not only obtain them weekly but to also now use this surplus for your Ancient Wonder upgrades.

Where exactly in this "players have been asking" can the part be found where they asked for AW's to be changed in such a way as this update does then?

Of course this question is rhetorical. We all know that players have not asked that, nor would they ever ask that. What the players really ask for is new things to spend these surplusses on, which in turn advance their game.
But somehow, for some bizarre reason, every time feedback asks for something like this it turns into an update that bends players over backwards, invalidates a lot of their previous efforts, and hurts their cities.

It would appear that it is actually in our best interest to stop providing any kind of feedback, because the way it gets used actively diminishes our enjoyment of the game. Or mine, at least, but considering the backlash I am not alone in this evaluation of the 'improvement'.

m4rt1n

Adept
We are all players @OldHag and for many of us these changes have had a positive effect in the main. I appreciate that this has not been the case for all players that had relied on Ancient Wonders for the city Culture pretty much alone and that adjusting to the new values will take a little time. Further changes are rolling out, feedback is being looked at since this arrived on our Beta server last week and is being collected on a dedicated thread on our official Discord channel.
Meanwhile we are also still monitoring the Forum while decisions are made for this platform going forward, hence it is still alive and kicking today.

The discord players = the young players wow, so destroy the game for the rest of us so the young can play, many of us are older generation and have played for many years. Such a huge upheaval is to me to appease the impatient younger players and to me that is not what this game is about.

SkyRider99

Immortal
The discord players = the young players wow, so destroy the game for the rest of us so the young can play, many of us are older generation and have played for many years. Such a huge upheaval is to me to appease the impatient younger players and to me that is not what this game is about.
It's enough to make me take up smoking again! Oh wait, I didn't actually quit yet. Just as well. This stress is getting to me!

Great comment @m4rt1n.

m4rt1n

Adept
The majority will play for a few weeks get bored and go back to Xbox etc, then all us long time players will be stuck progressing because of that, short term gain, long term pain, the second nail in the coffin for Elvenar.