• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

You knew it was coming....

Gytha

Dreamer
Inno messed up by making diamonds too readily available. I only do the first floor of the spire, now all my residences and workshops are magic. With the tournament changes even my easy going fellowships can get enough blueprints to upgrade them. Why would I buy diamonds? Can’t see how these changes will really help Inno.

Jake65

Sage
Can’t see how these changes will really help Inno.
They took culture away and then offered it for sale. They will probably start offering RRs and CCs for sale if they aren't already, I don't look in the shop much.
Good point about the diamonds and blueprints, they aren't too hard to get when your FS is firing on most of it's cylinders (working together reasonably well for the non-petrol heads :cool:)

Anni-Lizzie

Spellcaster
I’m starting to think that all the many players that gave the feedback resulting is this wonderful rebalancing of the Wonders are those very same players that put their hands up for Discord! They are the invisible masses that send secret messages to inno, maybe they have ascended from a higher plane and therefore their opinions carry more weight…. OR inno cash cows are just making this rubbish up! ‍o_Oo_Oo_O

Larryary

Seeker
It's nigh on impossible to respond to this patronising, duplicitous Inno sophistry with clean comments so probably best I don't comment except to say that this is without doubt by far the worst and most ridiculous change that Inno have made to the game since I started playing.
Ha...said by someone who mmmmmmmno I can't say that.

HexeAlix

Seeker
So, if it's not the death knell of the game, is it perhaps the death knell of AWs?
We all got quite selective with AWs after the tourney calc was changed to include AW levels.
Are we about to become even more selective? But even if we do, how to factor in the next change to the goalposts?

If a company develops a reputation for changing the value, whether positively or negatively depending on individual impact, of things their customers have already spent time, effort and potentially real money building, who's going to trust that they won't do it again?
Introduce new things by all means, with different approaches to what's gone before.

Changing existing items causes distress.
Real life seems to be a struggle at times at a personal level, the world seems to struggle especially lately.
Why would one play a game that adds distress?

Last edited:

OldHag

Necromancer
Regarding Royal Restorations and Combining Catalysts, these values have changed, availability has also changed with new buildings released in the upcoming event there will also be additional opportunity with rewards.
and what about the number of spell fragments needed, they are needed in huge numbers and you can only sell off/Disenchant your inventory items once and you still won't have enough SF to upgrade as you want.

Last edited:

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Players have been asking us to handle the Spell Fragments surplus, since we introduced the Spire of Eternity in 2019. This is just another way to not only obtain them weekly but to also now use this surplus for your Ancient Wonder upgrades.

Hekata

Artisan
Players have been asking us to handle the Spell Fragments surplus, since we introduced the Spire of Eternity in 2019. This is just another way to not only obtain them weekly but to also now use this surplus for your Ancient Wonder upgrades.
Yes, maybe in 2019/2020 players have mentioned having too much SF, however, this is 2024 and since then:
1. Moonstones library sets have been reduced to one per city (except for older players like me)
2. the amounts we get from the Spire have been lowered
3. New crafting recipes asking a lot more SF have bee introduced in the MA
4. New FA badges were introduced asking for Vision Vapour and forcing people to craft a lot more during FA (+ we get FA more often then we used to

In the last couple of years we have seen more players complaining about not having enough SF rather than the opposite. In fact I don't remember a single complaint made about too much SF.

Honestly it often feels like the devs lurk around the forums to find that one complaint made ages ago to use it as an excuse for whatever changes they plan to make.

No one is running a frags surplus of 600k+, which would allow them to upgrade a single AW from level 1 to 35. I defy you to single out a single player that has a frags surplus of 1.2 MILLION+, which would allow them to upgrade 2 AWs from level 1 to 35. Or 1.8 MILLION+, which would allow them to upgrade 3 AWs from level 1 to 35.

Your reasoning is duplicitous. Players may have been asking for more ways to spend excess frags but NO ONE was asking for a single AW to cost 600k+ frags to upgrade to max.

I honestly don't understand why no one is dropping hints as to how this frags shortfall will now be addressed. Why wait until players have quit before finally showing that all is well? Or is it the case that there is nothing in the works to address the shortfall and it's just a case of "tough, deal with it"?

EDIT: Ah, the new in-game sale is valuing a measly 3k frags at 450/500 diamonds. So there really is no surprise in the works to resolve the sudden frags shortfall, is there? It really is just a case of "tough, deal with it". Watch your player numbers evaporate as that realisation sinks in.

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
Yes, maybe in 2019/2020 players have mentioned having too much SF, however, this is 2024 and since then:
1. Moonstones library sets have been reduced to one per city (except for older players like me)
2. the amounts we get from the Spire have been lowered
3. New crafting recipes asking a lot more SF have bee introduced in the MA
4. New FA badges were introduced asking for Vision Vapour and forcing people to craft a lot more during FA (+ we get FA more often then we used to

In the last couple of years we have seen more players complaining about not having enough SF rather than the opposite. In fact I don't remember a single complaint made about too much SF.

Honestly it often feels like the devs lurk around the forums to find that one complaint made ages ago to use it as an excuse for whatever changes they plan to make.

It certainly seems that way to me also. :(

I've been watching this forum since quitting the game. Glad to see it's still going strong and players aren't backing down. The more I think about the changes, the angrier it makes me. Inno has effectively taken assets away from players (by nerfing AWs down to effectively several levels below what you've spent all that time and effort upgrading them to) and is now charging diamonds/real money for players to get them back. I don't think I've ever heard of another games company doing anything like this. Imagine setting a character several levels down in an RPG update, then charging the player to get those levels back? Imagine if Super Mario had to pay every time he shot a fireball after collecting a fire flower (yep, I'm old). This is an absolute travesty and I doubt that typing on forums will change anything. Is there a way of contacting developers directly, I wonder? I'm not returning to the game until/unless something is done about this.

OldHag

Necromancer
If that's what you guys @InnoGames think, then you really don't have a clue.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
We are all players @OldHag and for many of us these changes have had a positive effect in the main. I appreciate that this has not been the case for all players that had relied on Ancient Wonders for the city Culture pretty much alone and that adjusting to the new values will take a little time. Further changes are rolling out, feedback is being looked at since this arrived on our Beta server last week and is being collected on a dedicated thread on our official Discord channel.
Meanwhile we are also still monitoring the Forum while decisions are made for this platform going forward, hence it is still alive and kicking today.

OldHag

Necromancer
I remember having a surplus of spell fragments, approx 525k+ at the time, but I craft and at least 4 times per day, sometimes I refresh and craft more, so over the last few years, guess what?
My surplus has disappeared. I'm sure there are more players in my boat then there are in the 'positive effect' boat.
I've been disenchanting my earlier chapter buildings for spell fragments and carried on crafting, what else was I supposed to do with them?
I honestly can not believe that anyone @InnoGames can not see the new costs as a HUGE mistake. I'm completely gobsmacked.
Does anyone @InnoGames need an abacus?

OldHag

Necromancer
We are all players @OldHag and for many of us these changes have had a positive effect in the main. I appreciate that this has not been the case for all players that had relied on Ancient Wonders for the city Culture pretty much alone and that adjusting to the new values will take a little time. Further changes are rolling out, feedback is being looked at since this arrived on our Beta server last week and is being collected on a dedicated thread on our official Discord channel.
Meanwhile we are also still monitoring the Forum while decisions are made for this platform going forward, hence it is still alive and kicking today.
I wasn't referring to culture @Silmaril - I resolved my -350k+ culture issue yesterday. I was talking about the ridiculous/impossible amounts of spell fragments needed, how are we supposed to get that many now? Seriously.

I don't know any players who have ever complained about having too many spell fragments, nor any in my immediate circle who have an excess! What a coincidence that a new "sale" comes on offer to "allow" players to spend diamonds (and presumably with the hope that they will buy more!) to gain a few SFs... Inno must think we are all wet behind the ears!!!