• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

What fresh hell is this???

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Oh that's annoying when you get up in the morning and realise you've just made a 9hr run of steel instead of platinum!

I have to say I expect it to be less common now with the new factory system.
I most often made that error when I used keys to reset 30 factories. some need a 1 some need a 3.

Now it's a few clicks and I do no longer use hotkeys for it, so it's easier to control.

FieryArien

Necromancer
I have to say I expect it to be less common now with the new factory system.
I most often made that error when I used keys to reset 30 factories. some need a 1 some need a 3.

Now it's a few clicks and I do no longer use hotkeys for it, so it's easier to control.
Good for you. I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t matter in my case even if I used browser. The mass-launch checkbox is only several days present in the app (even shorter than in the browser) and I already managed to run gems instead of bismuth on my sentient factory overnight. :rolleyes: No big deal, nobody wants bismuth anyway. :p

Thezza

Spellcaster
Who forced you to spend timeboosts? You could have just waited. Your scouts are about the fastest of anyone around here. Anyway if you don´t like spending time boosts, send your scouts back out right away again a few more times, if you don´t need the encounters this event you will surely need them next event. As you said you don´t need the KP or the progress, so just let them sit there until you do.

Who the heck is forcing you to build non-boosted factories? That is complete nonsense. If you complained about getting punished for building non-boosted factories, it would at least make sense... it would not elicit much pity, but at least the facts were correct.

Noone is forcing you to have a military at all (I suppose this is just general criticism and has nothing to do with this quest or even event?). It is a choice as everything else. It is a choice to even play tourneys. If you don´t play tourneys or spire, you won´t need army or goods for catering. If you choose to play tourneys and score high in tourneys, then yes you need to have an army.

Noone is forcing you to do anything, nor is there any need to spend extra resources, they game actually just told you to take a break for 3 days, you chose to waste 70h of time boosts and then you complain about the game needing you to be online all the time? Things just don´t add up.

I am not saying the game is perfect, in fact I complain about a lot of things including this quest, but I cannot follow your logic at all.
I spent time boosts so I didn't have to wait 72 hours as the quest only has a few days left to run...also the maximum 3hr collection times for settlement goods is needing you to be online all the time,,,

Last edited by a moderator:

Suzanik

Novice
Right, Non-boosted factories. Noone ever needs to build those. Yes, we have some boosted sentient goods factories that can also produce non-boosted goods, but who would do that, apart from clicking wrong, like I have done a few times :eek: :rolleyes: :p
I am not yet in the Elementals chapter, but will be very soon and there is one thing I do not understand. My T1 boosted goods is Marble. Apparently my sentient goods will be Platinum. Do I need to build a Steel manufactory to produce those? Or how to do this? I am clueless and as much as I tried to find an answer, I got even more confused from the replies I read through so far. Please, help! And thank you!

Jake65

Sage
I am not yet in the Elementals chapter, but will be very soon and there is one thing I do not understand. My T1 boosted goods is Marble. Apparently my sentient goods will be Platinum. Do I need to build a Steel manufactory to produce those? Or how to do this? I am clueless and as much as I tried to find an answer, I got even more confused from the replies I read through so far. Please, help! And thank you!
Yes, I'm afraid so :) you will have to build a steel manufactory and upgrade it to level 20-something to produce sentient goods.
Initially you'll only need one of each sentient manufactory but I've just started chapter 15 and am not getting enough sentient from only one of each type of sentient.
Your sentient boost is your standard boost +1
Marble = steel (for platinum)
Crystal = scrolls (for ink)
Gems = elixir (for soap)
Etc....

Suzanik

Novice
Yes, I'm afraid so :) you will have to build a steel manufactory and upgrade it to level 20-something to produce sentient goods.
Initially you'll only need one of each sentient manufactory but I've just started chapter 15 and am not getting enough sentient from only one of each type of sentient.
Your sentient boost is your standard boost +1
Marble = steel (for platinum)
Crystal = scrolls (for ink)
Gems = elixir (for soap)
Etc....
Woah! So not only I have to build a manufactory which is not my boosted goods, but I also have to upgrade it all the way to level 20 something? Did I get this right? Also, how many of these non boosted manufactories would I need to build from scratch? And thank you! :)

Jake65

Sage
Woah! So not only I have to build a manufactory which is not my boosted goods, but I also have to upgrade it all the way to level 20 something? Did I get this right? Also, how many of these non boosted manufactories would I need to build from scratch? And thank you! :)
Yes, pretty much right :)
They will be your sentient boost though so still a "boosted" manufactory.
As with standard goods where you've got T1, T2, T3 your sentient boosts will be S1, S2, S3.
One of each as you unlock the research is enough to start with and then just play it by ear, see how your production keeps up with demand.
You need steel (traded in) to produce platinum. And joy of joys, sentient goods decay like mana and seeds :)
The nice part is that when platinum decays, the steel you used to produce it gets returned to you.

Sir Derf

Adept
Pssst...

Psst....

Over here.... Yeah, the guy in the slouch hat and trenchcoat in the dimly lit alley...

Ascended Goods

Suzanik

Novice
Yes, pretty much right :)
They will be your sentient boost though so still a "boosted" manufactory.
As with standard goods where you've got T1, T2, T3 your sentient boosts will be S1, S2, S3.
One of each as you unlock the research is enough to start with and then just play it by ear, see how your production keeps up with demand.
You need steel (traded in) to produce platinum. And joy of joys, sentient goods decay like mana and seeds :)
The nice part is that when platinum decays, the steel you used to produce it gets returned to you.
Got it. Thank you! :)

Jake65

Sage
I've just been upgrading an elixir Manu and it starts producing sentient at level 24.
A bit more specific than my original 20-something :)