• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

What fresh hell is this???

Gargon667

Mentor
And since this has been reported both on beta and here (I have mentioned that quest in the beta thread here as soon as it came out on beta) it really leave us with 2 possible conclusions: 1. the devs don't care what the players say 2. the devs don't like/want people playing differently than they except them to play.

I would say both!
But since don´t really care, the second would be more of a recommendation ;)

Proudfoot

Senior Game Moderator
Elvenar Team
Right ??
I guess that solves the mystery how some players are still pulling high tourney scores.
who's pullling high tourney scores not me thats for sure.

Gargon667

Mentor
The orc wall is just as much of an issue for scouting, because if you cannot unlock those provinces you also cant scout further, it takes a little longer to hit the second wall but it's there just as much. and you also can't solve the confrontations assignemtns with them.

I see not many complain about those.

I guess because they have alternatives that can be done? I mean that´s the whole point of having alternatives, right?
The problem with this quest is that both alternatives are impossible for some people. As long as only 1 of the alternatives impossible, nobody cares.

Gargon667

Mentor
who's pullling high tourney scores not me thats for sure.

What do a few troop instants have to do with high tourney scores anyway? And since they are one-use only, even if they would make a difference, they would make it only once...

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I guess because they have alternatives that can be done? I mean that´s the whole point of having alternatives, right?
The problem with this quest is that both alternatives are impossible for some people. As long as only 1 of the alternatives impossible, nobody cares.
I can find value in this.
as said it's kinda lame you need a daily prize for it.
It would have been better if it was part of the grand prizes so you can sacrifice those.

On the other hand, you can solve it with daily prizes, it's not that this is the first quest of the event.
And the orc wall, except for a handfull of players it's often a choice of players to stay at the orcwall.

Do we really have to cater to players who do not want to advance past chapter 4?

Wibbly Woo

Spellcaster
Do we really have to cater to players who do not want to advance past chapter 4?

This was my initial thought, but... if there are only 220 provinces inside the orc wall, I can believe that determined early scouters are going to run out early.

That said, I suspect that the number of players pushing the scouting and province count that hard that early is significantly lower than the people citing that as a problem are trying to imply. Doing the event is less that half the provinces needed to complete chapter 6 for me so far.

Pauly7

Magus
It's not to do with those people. Those sitting on an early chapter city forever have made that choice, so shouldn't object if events don't work at all.

The Orc wall, however, effects everyone that scouts quickly and doesn't race through the storyline. They don't have to be stagnated by any means. Just playing their normal game. Remember, the salient point here is that the quest demanded that those encounters be negotiated.

It's not a million miles away from having a quest that says "produce X number of gems or build one Goddess of Secrets building"... I'm just free-styling a bit here, but it's the exact same problem, even though my one may affect a bigger number of people.

Wibbly Woo

Spellcaster
Would it be less obnoxious in that case if the quest allowed fighting the encounters?

In principle, with sufficient boosters, it should actually be possible to win an orc wall battle, even in chapter 4. I am not going to test this theory personally, but it looked like a 6:1 numbers disadvantage, which should be possible to overcome with sufficient ELR, UUU, and DAs.

Pauly7

Magus
Would it be less obnoxious in that case if the quest allowed fighting the encounters?
Absolutely. The big problem with this is demanding that the encounters are negotiated. If fighting is allowed then people can figure out a way past it, but no one can negotiate with orcs before they reach chapter 8.

Melianora

Alchemist
Just to chime in here. That one quest was a total design bug!
End of story.

Thanks @Herodite for a more reasonable response.

When that quest hit me, I was lucky!!! that one of my provinces that already take ages to count was about to be finished. Otherwise I would have had to wait for days!!! Until those instants came up as a daily prize.

Of course I immediately use troop instants when I can. What use is there to have stuff accumulating in the endless stash?

Most stupid quest ever! o_O
Just have the guts to admit some failure and move on.

Thezza

Spellcaster
Thanks for all the replies..I bit the bullet, scouted a Province..I do not need the points, the kps, and it won't help towards an expansion AND it took 70 hours of instants. but that is what it is . The problem is INNO always said the game is so brilliant because you can play it your way. You can decide. But now that is not true..you HAVE to play a certain way. You HAVE to have enough Armouries, troops, etc, You HAVE to have non boosted manufactories even though they still tell you NOT to have non boosted and trade for non boosted goods on the Did You Know screen. I understand it is a business and they really really want and need you to buy and use diamonds, but it has got to the point where all the FA's, the Quests and the collection times for settlement goods etc mean that people who actually cannot sit in front of the screen for 18hrs a day and have to say...work for a living, are at a real disadvantage.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Thanks for all the replies..I bit the bullet, scouted a Province..I do not need the points, the kps, and it won't help towards an expansion AND it took 70 hours of instants. but that is what it is . The problem is INNO always said the game is so brilliant because you can play it your way. You can decide. But now that is not true..you HAVE to play a certain way. You HAVE to have enough Armouries, troops, etc, You HAVE to have non boosted manufactories even though they still tell you NOT to have non boosted and trade for non boosted goods on the Did You Know screen. I understand it is a business and they really really want and need you to buy and use diamonds, but it has got to the point where all the FA's, the Quests and the collection times for settlement goods etc mean that people who actually cannot sit in front of the screen for 18hrs a day and have to say...work for a living, are at a real disadvantage.
You can play your way, but as a result you'll have to accept the consequenses.
If you refuse to scout, it will be very hard to complete events.

You have to choose between do I want to scout, or do I want to play the event. it's your choice.

Gargon667

Mentor

Who forced you to spend timeboosts? You could have just waited. Your scouts are about the fastest of anyone around here. Anyway if you don´t like spending time boosts, send your scouts back out right away again a few more times, if you don´t need the encounters this event you will surely need them next event. As you said you don´t need the KP or the progress, so just let them sit there until you do.

Who the heck is forcing you to build non-boosted factories? That is complete nonsense. If you complained about getting punished for building non-boosted factories, it would at least make sense... it would not elicit much pity, but at least the facts were correct.

Noone is forcing you to have a military at all (I suppose this is just general criticism and has nothing to do with this quest or even event?). It is a choice as everything else. It is a choice to even play tourneys. If you don´t play tourneys or spire, you won´t need army or goods for catering. If you choose to play tourneys and score high in tourneys, then yes you need to have an army.

Noone is forcing you to do anything, nor is there any need to spend extra resources, they game actually just told you to take a break for 3 days, you chose to waste 70h of time boosts and then you complain about the game needing you to be online all the time? Things just don´t add up.

I am not saying the game is perfect, in fact I complain about a lot of things including this quest, but I cannot follow your logic at all.

Lelanya

Mentor
You do? Where have you encountered that? None of my cities have any non-boosted manufactories!
In Chapter 12 Elementals we need our tier 1 + 1
In Chapter 13 Amuni we need our tier 2 + 1
In Chapter 14 Constructs we need our tier 3 + 1
In Chapters 15, 16 and 17 we need a lot of each Sentient goods as they call it, for research and building upgrades.

Rumour has it there may be other changes, but I cannot discuss them here.

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
In Chapter 12 Elementals we need our tier 1 + 1
In Chapter 13 Amuni we need our tier 2 + 1
In Chapter 14 Constructs we need our tier 3 + 1
In Chapters 15, 16 and 17 we need a lot of each Sentient goods as they call it, for research and building upgrades.

Those are all sentient boosted factories, not non-boosted.

FieryArien

Necromancer
I know. But they are why we build these factories.
But that really doesn’t mean we are building non-boosted manufactories. They are boosted and non-boosted the same way our first manufactories are from that point in the game: half&half. :p

Melianora

Alchemist
We build them because they are our boosted factories, nobody is building non-boosted factories.
Right, Non-boosted factories. Noone ever needs to build those. Yes, we have some boosted sentient goods factories that can also produce non-boosted goods, but who would do that, apart from clicking wrong, like I have done a few times :eek: :rolleyes: :p