• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

What fresh hell is this???

Thezza

Spellcaster
Seriously...Summon Troops using instants 3 times... but what we have done is change the chest prizes to just be Troops,, so you cannot do this Quest mate, because we won't let you use your Feathers to get troop battalions like before..oh no. I don't know why I still bother ...It says I can negotiate 3 provinces but I have no open provinces because you don't get expansions anymore, and it takes 1 year, 3 months and6 days to Scout one, or close as. I am starting to hate this game now.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
The game will bring you different challenges throughout different events to keep it fresh.

You received troop instant prizes before, in prior events. Therefore, some players who choose not to deplete themselves from these spells will have them available for this quest. Furthermore, @Thezza, we already had one day (5th day) where you could win these spells. We are sorry the negotiate aspect did not work for you, one more reason to never deplete your spells! Keepers always have!

Pauly7

Magus
I agree @Thezza this was a ridiculous idea for a quest requirement. It was brought up the minute it hit Beta, but we were ignored on it. The biggest problem with this is the people (and there are quite a few) who cannot negotiate any provinces because they have hit the orc wall. So for anyone out of those people who has no troop instants in stock - then it's event over. My understanding was that Inno did not want to knowingly put any roadblocks like that up... but they've been notified, so it's definitely knowingly.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Thezza We will feed this information back. Whilst I cannot speak for the reason why BETA didn't respond, we will definitely put your concerns forward once more. @Pauly7 as you know the alternative tasks were given to make things relatively easier however I understand the issue you've discussed makes that alternative just as difficult. Again, we'll feed it back to the Team.

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Gargon667

Mentor
As I mentioned above there are some people who will literally be dead in the water when coming to that quest and that's not how the event should be set up.
I would guess that people who are in that situation will get the quest waived by support, IF they contact support about it. However it is still no excuse for bad planning. It is typical for Inno that one person creates a new quest (use troop instants) and another removes troop instants from the chest rewards in order to nerf event rewards further...

Pauly7

Magus
@Pauly7 as you know the alternative tasks were given to make things relatively easier however I understand the issue you've discussed makes that alternative just as difficult.
I understand that they may do something like this without having given it the proper thought, but after the problem was brought up I was very surprised that this quest was just sent straight to Live.

Wibbly Woo

Spellcaster
I agree @Thezza this was a ridiculous idea for a quest requirement. It was brought up the minute it hit Beta, but we were ignored on it. The biggest problem with this is the people (and there are quite a few) who cannot negotiate any provinces because they have hit the orc wall. So for anyone out of those people who has no troop instants in stock - then it's event over. My understanding was that Inno did not want to knowingly put any roadblocks like that up... but they've been notified, so it's definitely knowingly.

How far out is the orc wall? Isn’t it far enough that you would need to be playing a specific “don’t advance through the chapters strategy” to reach it in this manner?

Gargon667

Mentor
How far out is the orc wall? Isn’t it far enough that you would need to be playing a specific “don’t advance through the chapters strategy” to reach it in this manner?
Not really, you just need to scout24/7, while being slow at playing chapters. If you play chapters fast it won´t happen, but you don´t need to completely stop either.

Pauly7

Magus
When I played through in my original city I played at what I would call a reasonable pace. I wasn't in any hurry because I didn't want the chapters to run out (S&D was the end game at that point), but I kept on advancing. I just stopped frequently to work on AWs. I also scouted constantly because that's the best thing to do. As I'd 'over-scouted' and because we weren't completing optional squad size researches back then, I quickly reached the stage when I couldn't fight any more encounters so I negotiated. Anyway, to get to the point, I hit that orc wall long before I entered the orcs chapter. I was probably at least a chapter behind.

Wibbly Woo

Spellcaster
@Gargon667 I am curious, because from one of my cities where I have extended a tendril out to try and find it, I am looking beyond ring 10 (assuming it is ring based, if it isn’t that would introduce a whole new hilarious variant on the stop progression strategies!).

Pauly7

Magus
I hate to say it but i have never used any of my troop instances yet never needed to and if i was honest i forget they are even there.
I always use them as soon as I get them. There's no reason not to unless you're strategically thinking that you could get slightly better goodness out of them by waiting a chapter.

@Gargon667 I am curious, because from one of my cities where I have extended a tendril out to try and find it, I am looking beyond ring 10 (assuming it is ring based, if it isn’t that would introduce a whole new hilarious variant on the stop progression strategies!).
This is always the point to think about when deciding to stop progressing early. I can't blame Inno for that one though. I have a chapter 4 catering only city and I just have to accept that I will never get tournament scores beyond about 7k... unless I decide to push it on further.

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
The game will bring you different challenges throughout different events to keep it fresh.

You received troop instant prizes before, in prior events. Therefore, some players who choose not to deplete themselves from these spells will have them available for this quest. Furthermore, @Thezza, we already had one day (5th day) where you could win these spells. We are sorry the negotiate aspect did not work for you, one more reason to never deplete your spells! Keepers always have!
So now you're effectively telling us that whatever we can get ingame from whichever source - MA, event, FA etc, we should never use them all but instead wait for some time in the future where Inno may decide to call upon them?
This is another nail in the coffin for me... I'm slowly approaching the point where I'll get more pleasure from not playing Elvenar to actually playing it!

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Are confrontations then also a ridiculous idea?
I keep open provinces for events as a given, why because we know they ask for it.
In fact you can choose this path if you lack the required item. so you can ignore it if you do not like it.

I agree btw that I dislike the move to place those units directly in your inventory, making it a daily prize only is kinda sketchy.
But the assignment on itself I like it. it's something different.
I would be completely fine with this assignment if they return the items needed back in the chests. or at least as 1 of the grand prizes

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
I keep open provinces for events as a given, why because we know they ask for it.
This is a different thing. If you don't have any open provinces everyone can scout one, even if it were the only option.
In fact you can choose this path if you lack the required item. so you can ignore it if you do not like it.
The point is that the number of people that can't negotiate a province and don't have any troop instants in their inventory is significant enough. Maybe not a huge percentage, but they certainly are around, considering that I would guess at least 90% of people just use their troop instants as soon as they win them. They should not design a quest that literally ends the event for that proportion of people, even if it's small.

Skelve

Bard
It is a no brainer design bug. The moment I saw this quiz it came to my mind what if a player has no incomplete provinces, reached an extremely long scout time and has run out of Time Instances (to fast rack the scout), and Troop Instances. So it appears, it is a real problem. But I am not surprised by the response from Inno. :)