• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.50

m4rt1n

Adept
We like the changes, opening only 5 chests this week we got 35kp for AW's instead of the 15kp previously, and there is still plenty of kp in the actual tournament play for me for the tech tree.
Even newer members can build the golden abyss and upgrade that quickly for more population. :)

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I appreciate the new KPs intants too... will they be usable for quests or researches one day ?

LazyTony

Sorcerer
And there are people that just do not have interest in AWs.

Thats a bad way to play, especially in later chapters when you will find it impossible to get through halflings and elementals without 20, 50, 100 AW levels. Obviously that takes a long time, and its better to start early. Even in earlier chapters though, AWs are a great use of space, especially after a couple of level upgrades. Encourage those members who don't like AWs to build a Golden Abyss and they will grow to like them. This change is Inno nudging us to play in a way that will help a lot in the long run.

Killiak

Artisan
And there are people that just do not have interest in AWs. Not my case, but there are some nice players in my FS that have only the Crystal Lighthouse/Sanctuary or even no AW at all.

At some point they will have to learn the enormous benefits (per square) that AW's provide. I strongly suggest that you teach your fellowship about this.

My Golden Abyss is 3x3, level 6, and provides over 5.000 pupulation
My Sanctuary is 5x5, level 9, and provides 17.667 culture.

There are plenty of AW's which are a worthwhile investment, without doubt or argument.

Deleted User - 384643

What's really WRONG (and I mean wrong, not "I don't like it") about the situation is the backhanded way this change was introduced. Where is the official announcement? Where is the explanation and reasoning behind the change? It's like the Bell Spire debacle hasn't taught Inno anything when it comes to communicating with their customer base.
Not a big fan of the Elvenar devs since the arrogant BS they pulled with the Crystal Lighthouse/Bell Spire nerfing that they tried to sell us as an "improvement", but in this case (as was mentioned in the release notes) they simply corrected a rounding down bug, which worked in the favor of those with a low level Needles of the Tempest. So I can't really hate on them for this particular change.

DeletedUser4003

The change from "pure" KPs to instant KPs was quite terrible to myself and to my fellows. If we could at least use them also on tech and not only AWs, that would be nice. Here the small players are losing interest on tournaments, and I can't blame them.

2nd round provinces starting from province umber 10 gives 5kp as a reward per province, aim for that as a smaller player.

Same goes for round 5, only there you get 6kp per province.

In old chest reward system, i don't believe that a group of small players could get lots of chests anyways ....so the outcome from chests only was anywhere near decent.

New KP Instant reward system from chests is much more motivating as never before. Especially for good players who understands the game and know, that you need those wonders at decent levels.

DeletedUser

but in this case (as was mentioned in the release notes) they simply corrected a rounding down bug, which worked in the favor of those with a low level Needles of the Tempest. So I can't really hate on them for this particular change.

Could you point me to the specific release notes that reference this bug? I must have missed it -- I could have sworn there was nothing in the official 1.50 release notes about it.

m4rt1n

Adept
My Mana used to decay regularly at 3am GMT, now it seems to decay at 00:00 GMT+1.

I'm a little confused as to whether that is a 2 or 4 hour change due to changing to British Summer Time last weekend, but wondered if that was the intention of the upgrade?

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Martin, the displayed time is wrong. I am in the UK too, and before our clock change at the weekend, tooltips would display a 3am decay time. However, it happened at 4am, every night. As an insomniac I saw the mana and sentient goods disappear at 4am a number of times. Now, it displays a midnight decay time, but its currently 2.15am and it hasn't happened yet o_O

DeletedUser3337

I saw the mana and sentient goods disappear at 4am a number of times. Now, it displays a midnight decay time, but its currently 2.15am and it hasn't happened yet o_O
After the last update, there is an evil pink bunny hopping around your city.
It mostly appears around 2.19am but does not stay around very long. Keep your eyes open for it @.@
;)