• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.50

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 1.50.

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Deleted User - 384643

Even though we can only use it on Ancient Wonders, I am happy with the extra KP we win from tournament chests.

shinakuma

Seeker
more incentive to get that elusive 10th chest

hey has any1s training time also increased for the barracks?

Last edited by a moderator:

m4rt1n

Adept
training time of all units was increased

By how much, I didn't notice because I just completed a Barracks upgrade.
I saw no mention in the release notes so maybe it is unintentional and will be fixed?

m4rt1n

Adept
it was:
TrainingTime (seconds) = RoundedDown (720 / TrainingSpeed * UnitSize) * NumberOfUnits
now it is:
TrainingTime (seconds) = RoundedDown (720 / TrainingSpeed * UnitSize * NumberOfUnits)

This is correction, as it should be.

Does this give a big difference in the time taken to train X units.
An example or percentage would help me understand better. :)

m4rt1n

Adept
Thank you, my squad size is 1311, my training size is 831 and training speed is 159 in the barracks for Archers.

I am already noticing that upgrading my barracks has been detrimental so could you do the math if you wouldn't mind, I really appreciate it. :)

m4rt1n

Adept
Squad size does not affect the training speed. So for the pack of 831 units of size 1
old version: round (720 / 159 * 1) * 831 = 3324 sec = 55m:24s,
new version: round (720 / 159 * 1 * 831) = 3763 sec = 1h:2m:43s.
It's possible that the result is more than an hour rounded down to minutes as shown in game.

Thank you, the full 5 slots has gone up from about 4 hours40 to 5 hours 30 and I couldn't explain it after doing a main hall upgrade thinking I was getting troops training faster., no wonder I am failing on all fronts on the tournament now. My upgrade slowed my training speed INNO???

INNO, if you want us all to fail on the weekly tournament, at least MAKE IT A FAIR PLAYINGFIELD for the non spenders on a particular week please.

DeletedUser4003

If its true about increased training times, that means you need to calm down because you don't see the big picture.

So we get lots of more KP from tourneys & training times are increased ?

Solution difficulty: Easy

Get a decent level of Needles & Shrine, at some point you will need less armories (less pop, cult, space required for city).

+ How is a bit slower unit training time is a bad thing since you get almost double as usual KP from tourneys ? We are the real winners here.

Dr.nYo

Adventurer
If its true about increased training times, that means you need to calm down because you don't see the big picture.

So we get lots of more KP from tourneys & training times are increased ?

Solution difficulty: Easy

Get a decent level of Needles & Shrine, at some point you will need less armories (less pop, cult, space required for city).

+ How is a bit slower unit training time is a bad thing since you get almost double as usual KP from tourneys ? We are the real winners here.
How is slower trainging time makes me winner in this situation? am i missing somethig in ur big picture?

Killiak

Artisan
How is slower trainging time makes me winner in this situation? am i missing somethig in ur big picture?

Yes. Whilst the training times have increased slightly due to a change (correction if you will) to the calculation, you now get +80% more KP from tournaments, to be used on your AW's.
Your Needles of the Tempest cuts down on training time and can now grow to a higher level faster.

So while the training time formula will not change as your AW progresses in level, your Needles will lower it again. Ergo; the increased KP's is way more positive/worth more. In the long run, the faster growth speed for AW's will be more beneficial to your city.

DeletedUser3755

The change from "pure" KPs to instant KPs was quite terrible to myself and to my fellows. If we could at least use them also on tech and not only AWs, that would be nice. Here the small players are losing interest on tournaments, and I can't blame them.

Killiak

Artisan
The change from "pure" KPs to instant KPs was quite terrible to myself and to my fellows. If we could at least use them also on tech and not only AWs, that would be nice. Here the small players are losing interest on tournaments, and I can't blame them.

There's another trick to it. Using the instants, if you fill out eachother's AW, then people will get rewards once that AW is full and upgraded.
Basically, your instants can get you more KP rewards from contributing, which are free KP again.

Just got to be clever about where you donate.

DeletedUser3755

There's another trick to it. Using the instants, if you fill out eachother's AW, then people will get rewards once that AW is full and upgraded.
Basically, your instants can get you more KP rewards from contributing, which are free KP again.

Just got to be clever about where you donate.
But it is quite different. At least in my Felowship (considering the FS from another server where I'm archmage, not the one in here), to get rewards from AW, we need to donate from 20 to 80 KPs, and we need to wait until the AW is filled (unless if I'd want to fill it myself and spend 100+ KPs). It is really rare that we get more KPs than the donated amount. Not sure if that is how it works in your Fellowship, perhaps more of you upgrade your AWs.

I could even consider that when we trade KPs, we both will be able to upgrade our AWs (lets say, I give you 50 and you give me 50, than we get a reward of 20 KPs when our AWs are filled), but still we will not get so many KPs to use in techtree.

And there are people that just do not have interest in AWs. Not my case, but there are some nice players in my FS that have only the Crystal Lighthouse/Sanctuary or even no AW at all.

My point is: it is not the end of the world, but it is a change to worse in my opinion and in my FS's opinion. I would rather have less KPs, but "pure" KPs instead of instants that will only work for AWs.