• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.181

m4rt1n

Adept
Can someone explain the rationale for crafting costs?
3 pet food requires 2500 fragments and 1 phoenix artifact.
The artifact costs 10k fragments and 3 blue prints.
So, 1 pet food is worth 1 blueprint and 4k fragments?
Who thought that was a good idea?

Each is too their own liking, some players may have spare phoenix artefact's like myself where others may require them so pick the recipes that suit you, @Taku21 :)

Sir Derf

Adept
Can someone explain the rationale for crafting costs?
3 pet food requires 2500 fragments and 1 phoenix artifact.
The artifact costs 10k fragments and 3 blue prints.
So, 1 pet food is worth 1 blueprint and 4k fragments?
Who thought that was a good idea?
Someone with 1 blueprint and 4k fragments? :D

OldHag

Necromancer
I don't like the increased CC cost for pet food and just got a heavy melee shrine option, who wants another 5 CCs plus a few spell fragments. This'll be eating into my stash, stop it.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
@anonglitch ??
  • We fixed an issue that allowed you to place Ancient Wonder even without having enough Royal Restoration.
Royal Restoration spells upgrade event buildings, have no connection to Ancient Wonders that I have ever been aware of in 7+ years of play ??
Actually, this is correct, and it has something to do with the Ancient Wonders for Chapter 21.

Chrysanthia

Seeker
Is the Tome of The Bears (Zodiac Event Exclusive) a new crafting recipe available during the zodiac event or the recipe is from the zodiac event and can now be crafted?

C-Nymph

Necromancer
As far as I know, the Tome of the Bears (which you can use to exchange for any of the bear artifacts) are always only available during the events, but the recipe for the original Bear artifact (for the Brown/Panda/Polar bears) is always in rotation, all year long. Same goes for the Tome of the Phoenix (available during Phoenix events) and the original Phoenix artifact (always in rotation).

See also here.

Sir Derf

Adept
Usually, each Phoenix event adds a new Phoenix, and each Zodiac adds a new bear...
Do the related Tomes add an additional new Phoenix Artifact as an option? By which, I mean, if I hold on to a Tome for a year or two, will the newly added Artifacts be added as options to the old Tomes?

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Usually, each Phoenix event adds a new Phoenix, and each Zodiac adds a new bear...
Do the related Tomes add an additional new Phoenix Artifact as an option? By which, I mean, if I hold on to a Tome for a year or two, will the newly added Artifacts be added as options to the old Tomes?
No, they'll only be added to new tomes. I checked one of my other cities that still has some of the Tomes, two received during Constructs chapter 14, which only gives 3 types of artifacts, and one received during Embassies chapter 16, which gives 5 types of artifacts. So the older ones don't get 'upgraded' automatically. They really should fix that though if you ask me.
1692286098736.png
1692286113982.png

The chances of 'stumbling' across a pet food recipe have increased - can someone explain how you can 'stumble' across a pet food recipe, since I thought you could only find recipes in the MA. . Or is this some kind of techie humour that missed its mark?

• New recipes for pet food are added. New recipes' costs include:
    • Refined Relics (crystal, silk, scroll)
    • Phoenix (2019) and Bear (2019) artifacts
      • Developers note: This is something we have seen requested by the community, and we are implementing it :)
  • The cost for all pet food has been increased by 1 Combining Catalyst (For example, if a recipe previously required 2 Combining Catalysts, it now needs 3. Even recipes that didn't use any Combining Catalysts before will now require 1).

Does this mean that those players who don't have Phoenix or Bear artifacts cannot get pet food?
Also, I'm assuming that there will still be recipes which only require spell fragments?

Developers note: This is necessary to partially balance your increased chances to get pet food. But keep in mind those recipes are still providing a relevant amount of pet food compared to their costs even after this balance change.

What exactly does 'relevant amount of pet food actually mean (since only certain players can make them in the MA - if they have artifacts), compared to the increased costs?

Are the garden stones included in the expiring flowers?

Since Combining Catalysts are an absolute must for almost all recipes, can they increase the likelihood of the CC recipes in the MA.

We hope you all enjoy these changes!
I don't think 'enjoy' is how I would describe my feelings about these changes, since they seem geared towards the top players who are able to gain the necessary new ingredients on a regular basis.

m4rt1n

Adept
@SunshineFantasia you answer you own question for part of you answer??

Even recipes that didn't use any Combining Catalysts before will now require 1

Also, I'm assuming that there will still be recipes which only require spell fragments?

All recipes now need at least 1 CC, I used earned "free" diamonds to upgrade my Magic Academy so can make 4 CC a day.

Last edited:

Chrysanthia

Seeker
As far as I know, the Tome of the Bears (which you can use to exchange for any of the bear artifacts) are always only available during the events, but the recipe for the original Bear artifact (for the Brown/Panda/Polar bears) is always in rotation, all year long. Same goes for the Tome of the Phoenix (available during Phoenix events) and the original Phoenix artifact (always in rotation).

See also here.
Yes, but are the tomes available as a new crafting recipe during the Zodiac events? Or, as I said before, a recipe or item obtainable in the Zodiac event but you can now craft it outside?

C-Nymph

Necromancer
@anonglitch you wrote the words in the announcement, you do the explaining :p

The way I see it is the tomes were added to the rotation but are not yet available to us on live servers because the event hasn’t started yet. They are however available on beta because they are currently running the event. Correct?

Sir Derf

Adept
Okay, I've been paying attention to my Pet Food crafting recipes, and got one of the new ones... And I have a question...

There are lots of different Evolving Buildings. There are lots of different Artifacts. And you only added recipes that use Phoenix (2019) and Bear (2019) Artifacts. You know, the only two artifacts that do, not just double, but triple duty. Every other artifact, the typical player will only have need for 9 artifacts, sufficient to evolve a building to Stage 10. But the Phoenix and Bear Artifacts, well, those a player might want to have 27. I've got 12x of some, 15x of some; I've got a 17x and a 21x. But, I've placed two 2019 Phoenii, a Stage 10 and a Stage 9, and a single 2019 Stage 10 Bear and 8 Bear Artifacts.

1) Have you received complaints from folks who didn't realize they spent an Artifact that they really wanted? And how many people have done this and not realized?
2) I'd like to be able to consider crafting some of my unpreferred Artifacts for Pet Food.
3) I'd even consider crafting some of my Pet Foods for a Phoenix or Bear Artifact...

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Okay, I've been paying attention to my Pet Food crafting recipes, and got one of the new ones... And I have a question...

There are lots of different Evolving Buildings. There are lots of different Artifacts. And you only added recipes that use Phoenix (2019) and Bear (2019) Artifacts. You know, the only two artifacts that do, not just double, but triple duty. Every other artifact, the typical player will only have need for 9 artifacts, sufficient to evolve a building to Stage 10. But the Phoenix and Bear Artifacts, well, those a player might want to have 27. I've got 12x of some, 15x of some; I've got a 17x and a 21x. But, I've placed two 2019 Phoenii, a Stage 10 and a Stage 9, and a single 2019 Stage 10 Bear and 8 Bear Artifacts.

1) Have you received complaints from folks who didn't realize they spent an Artifact that they really wanted? And how many people have done this and not realized?
2) I'd like to be able to consider crafting some of my unpreferred Artifacts for Pet Food.
3) I'd even consider crafting some of my Pet Foods for a Phoenix or Bear Artifact...
I could not agree more.
The choice for the sacrificial artifact to be the Phoenix/Bear is a really stupid one from a player's point of view, and I'd rather have the option to select an artifact of my own choice.
But, from Inno's greedy point of view where they like to create scarcity to increase the chance people will spend diamonds/cash to get something, I understand why they went for it.

Not gonna lie....of all the mean tricks Inno has pulled on us over the years...and there's been an awful lot, this one...this one is just plain cruel. Who on earth has a surplus of these artefacts? I've none. None. So I can't make pet food anymore? This means I won't be able to battle, cos lets face it, without pet food battling is a waste of time, troops will never cope with the levels of the tournament/spire needed. So not only will my game fail, but also my F'ships. I've about 10 pet food left, and as soon as I use up the last one, I'm outta here. I've been playing for years, since before the first event ever happened, about 7 or 8 years, and there's been so much improvement with the game, but seriously, when these curve balls are bad, they're truly rotten.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
So I can't make pet food anymore?
Sure you can, the regular pet food recipes that don’t cost artifacts still remain in the recipe rotation, I come across one every 1-3 day(s), so no worries, you will not run out of pet food :)
The recipe that requires sacrificing an artifact is only extra and can safely be ignored ;)

Sir Derf

Adept
It's more an additional, not a replacement (@Kiltqueen ) and not an extra (@C-Nymph ). All the old recipes still exist - it was added without taking one of the others out. But, while it can be ignored (provided you recognize it when it comes up), it is in the same slot as all the other recipes, and so will slightly decrease the odds of those recipes appearing.