• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.113

Lelanya

Mentor
Thank you for the improvements :)
I loathed the 9 provinces per page system and am delighted to return to 8. The overlap was noted, regarding the 9th province and the page progress bars, by my favourite Archmage, and it looked horrible.

Well I guess my smaller cities will just have to suck up the training slots issue. I have a vague memory of one of the previous Forum mods explaining that the 5 slots could be altered in the future, but for now the slots unlocked in tandem with the Barracks upgrades; I think the question was in regards to Training Grounds, so hmm, must have been in early 2017.

It is interesting to note, how Forum mods seem to assume that we all know, or remember, what is collected wisdom for them.

Deleted User - 2077221

I find it is better to keep barracks at level 1 and have 3 Valors to make troops for quests.

I thought Valors were sort of like Golems in that the actual amount of them per squad is really small. Wouldn't that hamper you during events?

But I admit saving that culture and not having to click all the time... That frankly sounds a lot better once your barracks is big enough. I mean it actually gains you culture and you can produce more than your squadsize allows!

Okay I'm sold

Laurelin

Sorcerer
I thought Valors were sort of like Golems in that the actual amount of them per squad is really small. Wouldn't that hamper you during events?
@Enneth : The way in which Squad Sizes are calculated is somewhat complicated. The concept of 'Units per Squad' means that not all Units have the same 'individual size' (meaning the space which they take up within a Squad), so that Units which are 'smaller' (e.g. Size 1 - say, Archers) take up less room in the Squad than Units which are 'larger' (e.g. Size 6 - say, Golems or Vallorian Guards), and there are also other sizes in between these two.

This means, in effect, that the game considers that 6 x Size 1 Units will fit into the same Squad space which would be taken up by only 1 x Size 6 Unit, or in other words, 1 x Vallorian Guard is 'worth' 6 x Archers. It follows that if your standard Squad Size is, say, 12, this would comprise 12 x Size 1 Units but only 2 x Size 6 Units, 3 x Size 2 Units, and so on. As a result of the 'individual size' of the various Troop Units, and because Vallorian Guards are 'individual size' 6, the game counts them as being worth 6 x any standard Size 1 Unit in terms of Quests (as well as for any other purpose involving Squad Sizes). This same 'individual size' system also applies to the different Units within Enemy Squads, too.

Therefore, if a Quest were to ask for 12 Units, you could fulfil this requirement by producing either 12 Size 1 Units such as Archers, or 2 x Size 6 Units such as Vallorian Guards, or even 6 x Archers and 1 x Vallorian Guard - or indeed any other combination which would add up to the correct total.

The game does give this information (in the top right of the Unit description panel; and you can hover over this for more info), but only if you check the details of your own or Enemy Troop Units. I've probably explained this very badly, so here are a few screenshots which might make more sense! :)

Unit_Sizes_Per_Squad_01_Archer.jpgUnit_Sizes_Per_Squad_04_Sorceress.jpgUnit_Sizes_Per_Squad_06_Vallorian_Guard.jpg

Deleted User - 2077221

That explanation was great. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled now knowing these troop producing buildings can help me complete quests and keep my culture up at the same time.