• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.113

Pauly7

Magus
Else Inno can just as well rewrite the game as they like, strip us all of all our progress and say, dearly beloved Elvenars, here is your new game, have fun and forget about what you had or could do.
Hmm, I'm fairly sure this is what they do anyway. You're summing up the new tournament change there.

Yes, they absolutely should have pointed this out in the notes and when they announced the change because this is quite a glaring difference for early game players. However, I do think it makes sense. The three buildings are now entirely separate so the training slots are linked to each building and will unlock with upgrades the same as the barracks always has. Also, the people that it affects the most are more likely to be those who have not been negatively impacted so much by the tournament change.

Errandil

Conjurer
Else Inno can just as well rewrite the game as they like, strip us all of all our progress and say, dearly beloved Elvenars, here is your new game, have fun and forget about what you had or could do.
Actually that's exactly what they are doing regularly, like now with the new tournaments. So nothing to be too surprised about.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Well, to be honest, this is more about how you play the game now.

The game suggests you leveling up all your buildings to their maximum level you can. Many players will find this very beneficial from the start because these players have their Barracks, Grounds, and Camp at their maximum level :) In fact, it is assumed that such is followed. Every player may play in any way they desire, but the more outside the box you play, the bigger the changes you will face (in favor or not in favor.) You chose to skip quests that ask you to keep your buildings leveled up.

In my humble opinion, this is not the developer's fault. It is an effect due to choosing not to build or level up these older builders. In addition, while they shared a queue before, and you had all five slots, if you did not do barrack units, their training takes longer, and this has been against your favor since the moment you decided not to build nor level up these buildings.

Sorry folks, but this one is not the game's fault!

Hekata

Artisan
this is quite a glaring difference for early game players. However, I do think it makes sense.

Not just early players, I have just discovered that my Halflings city has only 4 slots in the Mercenary camp. There is an upgrade in the middle of the chapter so I guess it's when the 5th slot becomes finally available. I do agree that the difference in available slots it makes sense now that the queues are separated but I also think 5 slots should become available earlier in the game for all the training buildings.

FieryArien

Necromancer

The game suggests you leveling up all your buildings to their maximum level you can. Many players will find this very beneficial from the start because these players have their Barracks, Grounds, and Camp at their maximum level :) In fact, it is assumed that such is followed. Every player may play in any way they desire, but the more outside the box you play, the bigger the changes you will face (in favor or not in favor.) You chose to skip quests that ask you to keep your buildings leveled up.

In my humble opinion, this is not the developer's fault. It is an effect due to choosing not to build or level up these older builders. In addition, while they shared a queue before, and you had all five slots, if you did not do barrack units, their training takes longer, and this has been against your favor since the moment you decided not to build nor level up these buildings.

I’m not sure you understand the situation. The particular example of my small city I mentioned is:
- Barracks have 5 slots.
- Training Grounds have 3 slots. They cannot be further upgraded. I’m in the first third of the fourth chapter and the next upgrade is in the first third of the fifth chapter. And I wouldn’t be surprised if it gave me just the fourth slot.

Note that I’m just trying to explain. I’ve already come to terms with this change when it was introduced on beta. ;-) The others here are very unpleasantly surprised right now.

Pauly7

Magus

Yeah you've missed the problem there @anonglitch. In early chapters levels less training slots are available to use. When the Training Grounds appears it used to jump onto the Barracks training queue which was, at that time, at a higher level, so it automatically allowed people to make use of the extra slots the barracks afforded. Now that the buildings have been separated this benefit has also been removed.

Pauly7

Magus
Not just early players, I have just discovered that my Halflings city has only 4 slots in the Mercenary camp. There is an upgrade in the middle of the chapter so I guess it's when the 5th slot becomes finally available. I do agree that the difference in available slots it makes sense now that the queues are separated but I also think 5 slots should become available earlier in the game for all the training buildings.
Not just early game players, but players without each building fully upgraded to allow 5 slots. The earlier someone is in progression the more likely they will be affected more, but Merc Camp unlocks later in the game so it probably takes until about chapter 14 (I'm not sure) before all the slots are available.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi Guys, I understand your frustration, and I sincerely apologise that this wasn't outlined in the recent update notes. I will feed that back for future reference.

Kind Regards

Herodite.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
I see... well, that is how the game goes... Until chapter 15 you neither benefit from "Simia Sapiens", for example. A player in a more advanced chapter will have all five slots, and if you do not have them now, you will. Maybe this will benefit more the players that are developed. Well, for some aspects of the new tournament format, some of you claim it favors the newer player.

We are trying to balance, but it is still a winning situation as you can still have all three buildings. We will check with the devs, but this is basic game progress mechanics folks. And as @herodite said, we will keep it in mind for next time :)

Pauly7

Magus
I see... well, that is how the game goes... Until chapter 15 you neither benefit from "Simia Sapiens", for example. A player in a more advanced chapter will have all five slots, and if you do not have them now, you will. Maybe this will benefit more the players that are developed. Well, for some aspects of the new tournament format, some of you claim it favors the newer player.
Yeah, nothing wrong with it. It just should've been outlined in advance. @herodite has responded on that though.

Timneh

Artisan
@anonglitch i'm still not sure you get the point. The problem is that there was no notification in the release notes that the camp and grounds would need to be upgraded when they were seperated. As @Pauly7 has said above @herodite has responded to the point so don't worry about it.

Gargon667

Mentor
well you had 5 slots before, now you have 8. Although you don´t have 5 in the TG anymore, but I would still say it is an upgrade...
Anyway none of this matters the whole change is cosmetic and does not address the problems of the new tourney system.

Gargon667

Mentor
Oh btw, the search function was supposedly fixed? It was not and is still broken just the way it was before

OldHag

Necromancer
Are the developers working on any of the other player suggestions/fixes/changes for the new tournament?

Killiak

Artisan
@anonglitch "Keep it in mind for the next time"

In all the years I have been playing, Inno has been terrible at typing up proper update / patch notes. Often things are missing, not explained properly, and the players have to figure it out for themselves after the fact. It's one 'fun' surprise after the other.
It's a matter of good communication to your users, who are your customers, and in all these years Inno has shown very little improvement.

I will believe it when I actually see it. Untill then, your words are empty.

At least @herodite understands how to communicate.

DeletedUser3571

You nearly tricked me into thinking i had done my 20 provinces when i had only done 18, as you have decreased the number of provinces on each page.

DeletedUser3571

I mean it was really annoying in chapters 1-7 but when I had to sit there and add 5 more training sessions to barracks every 40-60 minutes I was progressing so fast it was like a chapter a month (events helped).

The trick to catering only for me was to always keep my barracks 4-6 six levels below theax I could make it at the time. Generally you don't want to go to the bigger sizes unless you absolutely cannot do Event Quests. And of course you don't build any armouries. No Valorian Valors. Not enough culture and you'll need that space for production. Interestingly you only need 6 workshops. Even if you have 8 steel production, 4-6 scroll production, and 4 potions production.
I find it is better to keep barracks at level 1 and have 3 Valors to make troops for quests. As this will eventually need less direct space and you will also be saving the indirect space of pop and cult for upgraded barracks.

Giraffi

Enchanter
I had to discard current productions as they got stuck and would not complete, just showed huge training times that were about triple the normal time. Things seem ok now though.
Well spotted @m4rt1n. I did not notice the no progression until many hours later and nothing happening.