• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.113

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 1.113.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Laurelin

Sorcerer
I also hope that operating all three Troop building queues at once will - especially - help those players (and certainly some of my own Fellows) who are having difficulty producing enough Troops for the new Tournaments and/or the Spire. I've already written (at length) as to why this change will not, unfortunately, help with Tournament/Spire Troop losses for me personally, so I won't repeat my views here.

@Silmaril : Link below, in case feedback on the Version 1.113 Update is being collated separately from general Tournament-related info. Many thanks.

Gargon667

Mentor
3. Have excess of supply production.

Thanks! Finally a good reason for me, too :) After I wrote my message I had started wondering why I built that Training ground, you saved me a head-ache :)

Hekata

Artisan
Haha, @MinMax Gamer, @Gargon667 I'm an elf, I need actual troops and I'm always short of supplies :D But come one guys, let me dream for a week that things will get better :D Also, I'm not aiming at big scores like you, I'd just like to be able to do 20-25 provinces to get enough spells :)

Skelve

Bard
Looking forward to testing out the 3 separate queues. However, Orcs production will still be an issue in Chapter 16.

Enneth

Adventurer
I'm an elf too. It'll be interesting to see if catering only or a 90/10 split in favour of catering is best with these changes.

I only catered until the Orcs chapter. Well I would do one star up to the sixth province auto-battling but otherwise I would get 2.5K every week. The first week of the new tournament changes I got 3.5K still just catering.(But that was the chapter before Orcs... Orcs chapter is a brick wall).

I'm going to start another city where I only level up barracks enough to satisfy event and quest "produce X troops" requiremts.

I mean it was really annoying in chapters 1-7 but when I had to sit there and add 5 more training sessions to barracks every 40-60 minutes I was progressing so fast it was like a chapter a month (events helped).

The trick to catering only for me was to always keep my barracks 4-6 six levels below theax I could make it at the time. Generally you don't want to go to the bigger sizes unless you absolutely cannot do Event Quests. And of course you don't build any armouries. No Valorian Valors. Not enough culture and you'll need that space for production. Interestingly you only need 6 workshops. Even if you have 8 steel production, 4-6 scroll production, and 4 potions production.

It's just that eventually the game gets really boring

Gargon667

Mentor
I'm an elf too. It'll be interesting to see if catering only or a 90/10 split in favour of catering is best with these changes.

It's just that eventually the game gets really boring

I don´t see the connection between getting more troops being good for catering? In the old tourneys the further in the game you progressed, the less catering was an option. At the lastest when you got the 4 barrack levels in Woodelves chapter was when catering became a hobby only, while fighting was what got the job done. I am not saying catering was impossible, it was always an option for people that only wanted to do their FS minimum or 1600 points etc (even though achieving that would have been much easier fighting). With the new tourneys we´ll still have to see how it works out, catering has certainly gotten a little bit more interesting even for high scoring towns, for overcoming very difficult enemy combinations. In my case catering is still less than 1% of encounters, but it is not 0% anymore. In the future I think catering might go up a bit more as I get more used to using that option. i don´t think 10% is a sustainable goal for me, but it might be for others... More than that sounds unlikely. Of course people that catered before should do better now than before I would guess, both because low scored are now easier to achieve as well as the relative bonus that catering got vs fighting. But there is absolutely nothing pointing towards catering being better than fighting now that I can see, it is only less bad compared to before.

If the game gets boring for you, you should try something new! I don´t know, join a different FS, or set yourself different goals, trying playing a new style, if you were catering before try fighting, if you played fast, try slow, if you did tourneys, try the spire (I quite enjoy the convincing game), or try playing a serious adventure, anything that you haven´t done before, might get the interest back up. There are lots of parts in this game... if nothing sparks any interest, I would suggest trying a different game, no point spending your free time on something boring. I guess a lot of people just play for relaxing, then boring may not be a bad thing...

Giraffi

Enchanter
My city is chapter 3. Have I now lost 2 training spots in my training grounds? Or even 4, as I was training 5 sets of dogs before upgrading? This is not funny at all!

08FA1ED1-8601-45BE-BEE2-8AB20662C351.jpeg

m4rt1n

Adept
I had to discard current productions as they got stuck and would not complete, just showed huge training times that were about triple the normal time. Things seem ok now though.

Gargon667

Mentor
My city is chapter 3. Have I now lost 2 training spots in my training grounds? Or even 4, as I was training 5 sets of dogs before upgrading? This is not funny at all!

View attachment 4792

I think not all 5 slots are available from the start, you will have to proceed to a higher chapter and get more upgrades for the training grounds before you get all 5 slots? Not sure though, but you can check your upgrade tab to see if you get more slots then.

Giraffi

Enchanter
All slots were previously available. I can even go grab screenshots from a device I have not upgraded to the latest version yet if you want to see. This is a backwards move if it is intentional now.

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
I guess then it´s just another bug, EN is BETA2 nowadays ...

FieryArien

Necromancer
Please refrain from using impolite language.
- When there was just one queue, the slots were unlocked centrally in Barracks. (Control question: how many slots would you have if you didn’t build Barracks at all, but built Training Grounds?)
- Now the queues are separate and it makes sense that the slots are unlocked separately.

EDIT after moderation of the post. I apologize for inappropriate term I used before, I really didn’t know it was that rude.
*But I admit, that I was angry too, when I found out on beta, that my training grounds have less slots than my barracks.

Last edited:

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Giraffi Now the Training Queues are individually linked to each camp, Its my understanding you will need to level each up accordingly to unlock slots. Prior to this it was only necessary to level up the Barracks given that this was the Main Queue.

Herodite.

Timneh

Artisan
Now the Training Queues are individually linked to each camp, Its my understanding you will need to level each up accordingly to unlock slots. Prior to this it was only necessary to level up the Barracks given that this was the Main Queue.

This is not a dig at you @herodite ,i know it is not your fault but this info should have been mentioned in the release notes imo.

Giraffi

Enchanter
@herolite, @anonglitch, while I can understand that when you write a new game, this is the kind of thing you might do, it is not acceptable when you tweak an existing game. Players should not be worse off than they were previously. If it is 5 slots that we had, then it is 5 slots we should have now. I do not remember it being said in any of the previews that this progressional change in unlocking slots in the training grounds and mercenary camp will be on the cards or that it will be implemented. Nor do I agree with it. It is simply not acceptable. Else Inno can just as well rewrite the game as they like, strip us all of all our progress and say, dearly beloved Elvenars, here is your new game, have fun and forget about what you had or could do.

@FieryArien, I feel like getting a whole page full of white banners. Did not even know that one could.