• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Update 1.45

DeletedUser5319

Ultimately for the better, but for who because reading the feedback it is certainly not better for the players and forgive me if i am wrong but i thought this game was for the players.
Why can the devs and designers not think of asking the players for feedback about ideas they have when it comes to changing things that are already in the game before they change them and not just do it and upset thousands of people.

You have told us this many times on different threads and yet there is no evidence of it because it always gets ignored. The diamond buying players pay the wages of all the Elvenar team so they deserve to be heard and listened to and not ignored.

@Muf-Muf start a thread with an opinion poll where you ask players if they would still have tried to win a building if they knew it would give T3 goods instead of supplies. Go on, i dare you.

I have never seen such sexy roasts before. I even showed this comment to my colleagues at work and they were like DAYUM!!!!!!

Killiak

Artisan
Exactly, but it seems that most players don't take this into account.

Sure. And if meteorites kill us all tomorrow, what then huh?

Like I said; I take issue with the fact that we are told the change to the event buildings will make them of more "value" to us, while simple preliminary school math shows us that this is not true.
Not to mention that this is not the first time a building was altered after the fact, whilst people ARE investing their event points into these buildings based on the stats that are presented to them.

So really, if you want people to understand and accept; you need to communicate far more clearly why you need to change it, show people that the change will positively impact future play somehow, and apologize for the hassle instead of saying "we changed these buildings to be of more value to you".

@Dizzy Lizzie We can't see the bigger picture if you do not show us.

Jackluyt

Shaman
This made me chuckle, Jack... but, to continue your analogy, what would happen if the next day snow fell unexpectedly? Maybe the auto manufacturers had insight into what was about to happen? They could see the big picture and not just what they could see before them.

They need to explain that then!
The way they handled this issue has made many players angry.

DeletedUser1829

Going to call you out on this one Mykan. On the forum, it's not just majority, it's everyone. I haven't seen a single person on the Beta forum who likes the change to the event buildings.

I will assume the proof you want is in relation to this change as you have been around long enough on the forums to have seen people who post positively to change get shot down time and time again. It is why some forum regulars encourage people to avoid the forums.

So, you got numbers that show the dislike/don't care/like ratio? Can you in some way make a strong case to prove what you said?

Of course I don't have numbers and the forums will never give a true representation in terms of how many from the game visit here and it terms of positive and negative feedback. People have said everyone hates this and I have said that is not true. To prove my case I simply have to find a single person who either does not hate or likes the change, a far far simpler task than proving every single player hates a change which is impossible to prove without polling every player.

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-45.14895/#post-89049
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-45.14895/page-2#post-89248

I personally am undecided simply cause my town most affected has not been able to collect the goods until the update making it impossible to tell assess how the change will impact me in such a short time.

DeletedUser5551

The part of my post you didn't quote ;)

But I wasn't replying to you in the first place, I was responding to what Dizzy Lizzie had said. I'm sorry if you felt it was aimed at you. It was more or less in regards to game players in general, not you or any other Elvenar player specifically.

DeletedUser

Because of the retrospective nerfing of buildings, I've been slowly removing the event buildings and not replacing them with the ones from the newer events. Similar feeling with the ancient wonders, and am down to 5 of them at this point, and will probably reduce that to three in the next chapter. It is just a personal preference as I prefer the planning and certainty of the standard buildings ( though they could nerf those as well ).

It does mean I will not put any extra effort into events like the previous winter event as it is a personal event. Will mostly concentrate on fellowship events for the teamwork.

I can see where people do get upset with this type of thing though, as some do spend money earning extra event currency for extra tries for those daily prizes that they desire and then to have them changed after the fact would be annoying, as has happened in the past.

Killiak

Artisan
To prove my case I simply have to find a single person who either does not hate or likes the change, a far far simpler task than proving every single player hates a change which is impossible to prove without polling every player.

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-45.14895/#post-89049
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-45.14895/page-2#post-89248

You specifically stated "and a lot who like it", so a single person, on the US server no less, isn't going to change things for the international server.
As for why I pointed at the Beta server; what happens there affects all other servers.

And if I am going to be precise (or nitpicky, if you will); neither person you linked says they like it. The first says they believe Inno that it will be beneficial in the long run, the second one simply accepts that he/she needs to alter strategy now.

Timneh already dared Muf-Muf to put up a poll. I doubt it will happen.

And like I already told Dizzie; saying something is now of more value, when we can clearly see it is not, is not proper communication. Show us why you change it, give a glimpse of the big picture, and you can count on people being more understanding.
The way this was comunicated just sets people off, myself included.

Timneh

Artisan
Arjavh makes a very good point. Some people might have spent money to get some of those buildings and i would think they did so because they wanted the supplies. Now Inno have changed those supplies to goods the people that used real money to get them have in a way being cheated as they now are not getting what they paid for. No doubt someone will say that they did get what they paid for as they paid to get more crowns and that is true but would they have bought those crowns if the buildings had always gave goods and not been changed to goods instead of supplies? It's like going to the cinema to see a movie, you pay your money for a ticket but when the movie starts it is not the one that was advertised and the cinema say that they changed it because they think the new one they showed was better than the advertised one. Should those people just accept the change of movie because they got the ticket they paid for but not the movie they wanted to see ?

@Dizzy Lizzie even if the manufacturers knew there was going to be snow they do not have the right to change something that has already being bought for something else. People have the right to get what they paid for and not have it changed.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4816

...means that if you get an AW reward (when you've helped someone), you get that before the game calculates your hourly KP, meaning they shouldn't get lost when you had less than 10KP when you received the AW reward

so what i think ur saying here is that we shouldent lose any KP anymore?
Hourly KP keeps going and we get the AW rewards when we log in?

if thats the case then i think there is a problem with the double KP spell, i dont think it keeps going after u get the first 10 hourly KP.

Dr.nYo

Adventurer
We already saw this scenario few times. Great Bell/ Lighthouse Aw, and even better example Autumns event daily reward building. Both were "positive" and "more valuable" changes which were not ofc. Both building were placed in cities already. They didnt care back then , they dont care now, they wont care in the future! Not sure why they even open threads like this since our feedbacks are unheard and pushed under the rug. Its sad but true...

DeletedUser1829

It's also disappointing that all the buildings make the same unboosted product, and are therefore less useful to isolated players with little trading possibilities.

I am curious if the goods they provide is related to upcoming changes to the game even if some might be months away. As I don't wish to add any spoilers here you may need to look at the spoiler thread here or on the beta forums to see why I am wondering this.

Jackluyt

Shaman
It appears now that these changes to building attributes have something to do with new yet-to-be-announced changes to the games structure - perhaps something to do with the new Guest Race, The Elementals.
(There is definitely SOMETHING brewing wrt. non-boosted materials!)

But WHY NOT SAY THIS IN THE ANNOUNCEMENT??
Most of the changes the design team make eventually turn out to be well considered - but the way they are often thrown at us without adequate explanation really sucks!!
:
:(

DeletedUser3781

I know the spoilers, but I don't see how those goods would be useful for players in earlier chapters than the last one...

DeletedUser

I know the spoilers, but I don't see how those goods would be useful for players in earlier chapters than the last one...
especially as they probably won't still be in those players' cities by the time they're in Elementals because the amount of reward is only for the chapter they were earned in rather than the amount that a player would have received if they were aleady in Halflings.