• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Upcoming Tournament Changes

FieryArien

Necromancer
I have been reading that doing the tec tree makes tournaments harder
What am not sure is does that mean doing a chapter or just doing a research in the tree
- Every mandatory research increases tournament difficulty. (“Mandatory” == an arrow/line leads from it to another later research)
- Every placed expansion increases tournament difficulty.
- Every built wonder level increases tournament difficulty.
- Every boosted relic of your most boosted good (T1, T2, or T3) increases tournament difficulty. That’s until you reach 500 boosted relics, then more relics won’t make it harder anymore.

InnoGames claim that the bonus you get from progressing is more beneficial than the cost of increased difficulty. A lot of players disagree.

malph

Spellcaster
It's completing each (mandatory) research within the tech tree.

well then that means i will be staying where i am in research ...
I believe what m4rt1n said could be true Inno games wants all the long term players to quit because they no longer spend so new players come in, buy and leave
All you need to do is look at the 30 highest ranked fellowships 12 of them are recruiting and there is 19 spaces free in those 30 fellowships
It was never like that before this new system came out ..And i know there is others on the verge of leaving
I really think Inno have killed this game

Last edited:

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
People :), we do not want to break the game, and neither we want to please only a specific group of players.

Comments such as "the game is broken", or "Inno killed the game" only will promote more negativity. Since the first week arrived, a lot changed, and the developers still did not decide that the tournament is final as we know it, hence weekly updates on the tournament.

All comments are welcome but please, fellows, comments such as the abovementioned will not help to fix a thing, but the contrary. The developers are working to keep the game best for everybody, and that takes some time.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
People :), we do not want to break the game, and neither we want to please only a specific group of players.

Comments such as "the game is broken", or "Inno killed the game" only will promote more negativity. Since the first week arrived, a lot changed, and the developers still did not decide that the tournament is final as we know it, hence weekly updates on the tournament.

All comments are welcome but please, fellows, comments such as the abovementioned will not help to fix a thing, but the contrary. The developers are working to keep the game best for everybody, and that takes some time.
Sorry we all in agreement that the current changes are breaking the game, many people only hang on, because they hope it will still be altered. But once they realise it won't, they are gone. Since the first week on beta (2 months ago?) nothing changed except that they made the impact of expansions slightly less. Thats only a minor impact and only gives us the impression that it is final.

Maybe if someone told us what is still about to change, we might think otherwise, but we have not been given a single reason to get the feeling the developers are even listening.
Giving us a heads up on alterations might also be a good thing for inno, since it allows us to give feedback on them before they cost much develop time (because likely the suggested change will only make it worse).

I can give a whole list of explanations of why this breaks the game, but I don't feel like its needed since so many others already said it (so I'm definately not the only one who sees the big picture)

Hekata

Artisan
Maybe if someone told us what is still about to change, we might think otherwise, but we have not been given a single reason to even get the feeling the developers are even listening.
Giving us a heads up on alterations might also be a good thing for inno, since it allows us to give feedback on them before they cost much develop time with the result in only making it worse.
This!
It would be very helpful if we could know what other changes are being considered because as it is now it really feels like they are just collecting the tournament results to be sure they are constant and then they will roll it our on all servers.

malph

Spellcaster
I would like to ask how much longer are we going to be testing this ??
it got extended for testing but when is it going to all servers .
Please dont say its going to be extented again There has been enough feed back to let the Devs know what the problems are and as been said by others not much has changed so the question is when is it going live
an answer would be very nice please

Pauly7

Magus
And the problem with promoting negativity is what? It makes the developers feel worse about having made really bad decisions with this tournament? If people feel strongly like this then being negative is absolutely the best course of action. To echo what others have said, this is indeed breaking the game. People have been saying it since the day it was announced, because they could see what the pitfalls are. The more people that are made aware the better, in my opinion.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
And the problem with promoting negativity is what? It makes the developers feel worse about having made really bad decisions with this tournament? If people feel strongly like this then being negative is absolutely the best course of action. To echo what others have said, this is indeed breaking the game. People have been saying it since the day it was announced, because they could see what the pitfalls are. The more people that are made aware the better, in my opinion.

Even better we did not just said it.
We have even shown it with clear examples and reasoning,

It wasn't just ranting about change, but constructive feedback which has been ignored since day 1.

Timneh

Artisan
@anonglitch Can you stop provoking people, and stop telling them what they are allowed to say?

Please let @herodite and @Silmaril handle this thread. Much better for everybody their blood pressure.

+1 This is a forum where people are allowed to express their opinions and views. It is not the job of mods to tell people what they should or should not say unless those people are breaking the rules.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
@anonglitch Stop being negative? Man, InnoGames has been absolutely negative to all players claims and arguments about their absurd and foolish tournament changes, people have used all their well based arguments so you can get a real clear picture of what´s going on and how to solve this, and instead of F.....G make some good changes to the problem root in the tourney, InnoGames just have ignored all this and keep going in this madness.

@Muf-Muf The People here in Elvenar, fellows of all FS are starting to leave the game, this is something real, we can´t find new recruits, and it will only get worse because of your greed to the money.

Errandil

Conjurer

I'm sorry, but since the day one the new tournament system arrived on beta nothing has been changed to fix the core issues, all the tweaks we've got so far are purely cosmetic. So no, you can't say that a lot has been changed. It's nearly two months that players are giving constructive feedback with zero response from Inno. The devs neither acknowledge the issue with the torunament formula nor explaining why it isn't the issue in their opinion. Is there any surprise that the comments are getting more and more negative? I don't know if you want to break the game or not, but you clearly don't want to fix it.

DeletedUser9159

people should be allowed to say their opinion, and mine is the same as the many negative comments about the game, the changes have not been in the interest of the players and will ultimately not be in the interest of inno.

Far Reach

Conjurer
I seem to have read anonglitch's comment differently to others - not as criticism or censorship, but merely as an appeal for constructiveness and also for some understanding for the developers.

Along with just about everyone else posting here, I would like to see changes made to the new tournament, and am also frustrated by the lack of information about this. On the other hand, I can't see that flaming the moderators will help in any way.

Pauly7

Magus
I seem to have read anonglitch's comment differently to others - not as criticism or censorship, but merely as an appeal for constructiveness and also for some understanding for the developers.

Along with just about everyone else posting here, I would like to see changes made to the new tournament, and am also frustrated by the lack of information about this. On the other hand, I can't see that flaming the moderators will help in any way.
We didn't read it differently, but the problem is that many people feel that they have been constructive and a response asking people to not be negative about a situation people feel strongly negative about, does not go down well.

Imagine if your employer told you that they are going cut the wages of everyone in your team by 50% and then told you it has to happen because there's no other way to save money. If you then explained that you weren't happy about being asked to lose half your money and there are several different good ways of getting the same savings, how would you feel if they turned around and said "Don't be negative. That will achieve nothing and will make other people negative."?

valle

Soothsayer
Sorry we all in agreement that the current changes are breaking the game

Don't try to speak for everybody. I think the changes to tournament are great. It's much better than before. Earlier it was a pain to do, ask my poor fingers tired from pressing the mousebutton forever. Also I prefer the tournament to be a challenge. A game is not supposed to be easy, easy games are boring.

But it's no surprise that people mostly complain here. The people who like the change have no urgent reason going to the forum and express their view. It's mostly those complaining that enters the forum to write their opinion. Nothing strange with that, it's human nature.

Lelanya

Mentor
I agree with Far Reach and Valle; there is no reason to dump on Anonglitch. There is already two message threads for folks who want to express their disappointment, while here is where we need to be adding to our impressions (new players expressing their opinions), and helping each other and so forth. Perhaps that is what was intended when the Moderator quite rightly tried to redirect the comments.

Last edited by a moderator: