• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Troops , battles

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
oh well now i am in chapter 4 so i have done the 3 optional upgrades ic ould have skipped hope it will not hurt me too much in the game

do you know about battles in spire?
i hear its more complex thatn tournament to calculate that

FieryArien

Necromancer
oh well now i am in chapter 4 so i have done the 3 optional upgrades ic ould have skipped hope it will not hurt me too much in the game
Nope, you didn't hurt yourself. These first upgrades are really small. Also the larger your squad size (by taking the mandatory upgrades as you progress through the game), the less noticeable they'll be.
do you know about battles in spire?
i hear its more complex thatn tournament to calculate that
Spire's formula is a mystery for me. And as far as I know no one knows the exact formula. It even somehow includes levels of your wonders! However, it seems that it was designed in a way that skipping optional squad size upgrades does not give you any advantage.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
So far, I was researching all of them. Not a big fan of leaving un-researched stuff, but it seems like a good idea.

Well, I did all of them so far, starting woodelves, so I will skip this first optional one then. It seems only negatives. I over-scout a lot (258 provinces for the 190 required for woodelves), and I always carter provinces. Tournaments, I do auto-fight only (or carter).