• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion The May Celebrations Event

Pauly7

Magus
The shuffle made it consistently harder for anyone to win the prizes they wanted. As a player I'm not sure what there is to prefer about it, though I can see Inno wanting to use it for that same reason.

Sir Derf

Adept
10 Free flowers a day... Do I have to log out and log back in to get it each day? If I stay logged in, will it be automatically given?

For Positive Pattys, that's 200 free flowers for everyone. Instead of 100 by e-mail, which some people have complained about not getting.

For Negative Nancys, you can't use them all up front.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Not sure why I like it to be honest, but the milestones I am more than happy to see as guaranteed rewards.
Going by how these work on other games they usually automatically spawn around midnight @Sir Derf

Sir Derf

Adept
@Silmaril , while I appreciate the guess, as a member of the Team it would be more helpful to get a definitive answer.

/humor=on

"...how these work on other games..."
Other games?
This..... is..... ELVENAR!
*kicks emissary into the Endless Pit*

/humor=off

:cool:

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
I WANT TO GIVE MY CONGRATULATION
to the developers team and the legal department for pulling this out without been liable to any legal issues.

many in beta and here are disappointed for the lo terry system of rewards but is it like that?

how this event is promoted for the evolving building and the artifacts you neeed to evolve it.
if you see careful no matter what flower you will open you will get 1 spin to advance for a grand prize.
so every 10 bloosom will open a flower which will be translated into a side kick gift and a spin to go for grand prize.

even if you only get 1 blossom at the city, if you collect them all, do all the quest, you will gain enough spins that even if you only get the 1 advance for the grand prize you will end up with 3 artefacts there, and 3 from finishing all missions and thus 7 artefacts , with the remaining 2 to be in the next adventure.

so if you do not fully evolve it it will be on the player and not in the company. so the luck part of the game if anything will help you to accomplish that task and not hold you back.

so the 16 blossom lottery part is not a lottery , or luck at all since it will not hold you back to advance the event which are the artefacts
if anythign they introduce a mini step between the blossoms and the spins where you can win also some extra gifts.

so by no mean the event can be consider a game of luck, the game can still hold the free to play title
A REALLY GREAT JOB
its not an easy task for a company to pull things like that and i have seen companies to enter legal issues with their event and the part of luck mini games not done correct.

it is not an easy task to do and congratualion due when congratualtion are needed.

said all that the event is awful. since the evolving building is too weak to be consider for buildings and as as side effect the expected daily prizes you will win will be around 9 if you collect everything.

the blossom that replace the old chest have been nerfed and they give way way fewer value as gift as any previous event
and now the players will be able to win way mas less daily prizes also.
compared to 22 daily prizes i won previous event now my expected ones will be 9.

But still i ram really impressed congratulation once more to the developer team. IF only we would give you congratulations for making an event we want to play.

Hekata

Artisan
even if you only get 1 blossom at the city, if you collect them all, do all the quest, you will gain enough spins that even if you only get the 1 advance for the grand prize you will end up with 3 artefacts there, and 3 from finishing all missions and thus 7 artefacts , with the remaining 2 to be in the next adventure.

I fail to see why congratulations are in order. How is this different from the previous event? Almost all people who played actively and completed all the quests ended up with 7 artifacts (some players got more) and then got 2 from the FA. The previous event was very well balanced IMO and I don't think anyone complained about the number of artifacts. The complaints were about the poor grand prizes, only buildings as daily prizes, the conversion ratios and the lack of recipes to convert artifacts.

What you said about this not being lottery only makes sense if a player is interested only in the Grand prize. A lot o players prefer to go after dailies and this system makes it very hard, it is pure lottery. Not to mention that a lot of the "filler" prizes are just awful (1 kps? 1 relic??!) If the Grand Prize is the only thing to be considered then we can go back to the mini-events: some very small filler prizes and 1 (sometimes 2) grand prize. Personally I'd be fine with that, I preferred those events anyway.

Hekata

Artisan
Pssst. He's being sarcastic.
Is he? I did think that at first since it looked like the only logical option to me, but since he says: "said all that, this event is awful...", it makes it sound like he did mean the first part. Or maybe my English is not good enough. I always understood that the expression "having said that" introduces a different take on what you just said. Also it's hard to understand posts with sentences with no clear beginning or end, and somewhat illogical paragraphs. If it is all sarcasm I do apologise for my reaction.

DeletedUser9591

A bit off topic... Is it possible to craft older evolving buildings in MA? Specifically, Valentine's Float.

Some older buildings are available to craft even though evolves are not available, how about most recent evolving buildings? Are there any plans to add them to MA once the event is over?

Sir Derf

Adept
Positive Patty - I like the progress bar. More information is good.

You now know which quest number you are on without having to cross-reference a quest list.
Additionally, it allows everyone to see what the rewards-along-the-way are and when, again without having to look at externally-produced lists.

Deleted User - 2044766

I don't like the shuffle board :confused:. But many thanks for the fresh colours:) & animations in the May Celebrations Event. The timeline I like too:).

Hekata

Artisan
The only good thing about the winter event shuffle board was that it had pet food as a possible prize. Now that's gone too and replaced with 1 (one) relic. I really can't think of anything that would be more disappointing as prize than 1 relic.

DeletedUser9303

I'm not sure if I am missing something, but I can't figure out how to get the milestone rewards in the app version? I can see them on the PC client, but not in the app...
Edit: It just appeared on the questline in the app, but I'm sure it wasn't there 20 minutes ago!

Last edited by a moderator:

AstralSoul

Illusionist
The only good thing about the winter event shuffleboard was that it had pet food as a possible prize. Now that's gone too and replaced with 1 (one) relic. I really can't think of anything that would be more disappointing as prize than 1 relic.

Really? That made my day as well! Did not see any, nor in beta... (but I don't check beta much), but I am glad petfood is back. My panda bear has gone hungry since the 2019 firebird came back, and my brown bear skipped a few meals the last couple weeks.

Bummer.... (bears stomach growl)

I am happy with the event tho, although the chests were better, I loved they release odd buildings again:

- Noble Banner
- Dark Lampost
- Smallest Room (got it only on beta right now)
- Monopteros
(Don't care for that 2x1)

The troops are nice, for us auto-fighters.

I am starting to figure out a criss-cross pattern here, and if you hit a magnifying glass, you can keep going in grid movement to the direction of the revealed item if you desire it. I don't know, but out from the scratch from the 6 first posts, I got those buildings above. I bought some diamonds too, as the fillers are nice. I managed to get to the 6th quest (gain eight relics is mean early on, but they count for the relic request, making them slightly worth it.

Tomorrow I can't do the 1 CC, and two enchantments with my Spire sets alone. But overall, good job. I am not mad about the shuffleboard (got 100 knowledge in a few rolls thanks to the x2, and the criss-cross pattern I am trying, it's fun, and some fellas I know love it, but they don't come here (note: I prefer the chests still.)

And the three, being "liquid knowledge" vs spells, makes the building worth, due to the knowledge. It is not an amazing building, but with wells drying more, and more, there is room for it haha. (The good side of this Dry-Well Law we have now haha.)

Edit: Missread.

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
Really? That made my day as well! Did not see any, nor in beta... (but I don't check beta much), but I am glad petfood is back.
You misunderstood my post, pet food is not back, it has been replaced by one relic. I said that was the good thing about the previous shuffle board event.