• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion The May Celebrations Event

Killiak

Artisan
It's simple, let's see if we can get the point across to Inno this time;

The shuffleboard is not just disliked, the majority HATES it. It's major doodoo, we don't want to see it EVER again.
No matter what you do with it, it will NEVER be liked by any majority. It will NEVER be an acceptable way to get prizes in an event.
Don't even shelve it, throw the code for it in the trash and set it on fire.

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
That's a bummer too... Although, you still get 20 free seeds instead of 10 right?

To be honest i never noticed. I don't actually know how many seeds i had when it occured and i was that bummed i never looked at anything i just clicked the button and then shuffled the prizes again

The shuffleboard system is yet another thing that was brought here from FoE and guess what, it was hated there just as much as it is hated here . The devs wouldn't listen and they still kept getting it, i don't know if they get it now it was my brother in law that played FoE but he doesn't pay anymore and not for the last 2 years.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I think saying "the majority" is being too kind on the shuffleboard! I challenge anyone to find someone who likes it. (@Silmaril you don't count ;)).

I usually like everything, and complain about nothing, but I neither like the shuffleboard. Is fun, okay, but I prefer an efficient chest to control more my outcomes haha, so yeah, it will be hard for you for someone who truly likes it as I don't like it either haha. Although the weird buildings were fun, specially one and I will write in off topic about it for a real life reason that all can love.

m4rt1n

Adept
It's simple, let's see if we can get the point across to Inno this time;

The shuffleboard is not just disliked, the majority HATES it. It's major doodoo, we don't want to see it EVER again.
No matter what you do with it, it will NEVER be liked by any majority. It will NEVER be an acceptable way to get prizes in an event.
Don't even shelve it, throw the code for it in the trash and set it on fire.

I fully agree, my entire fellowship hates the shuffleboard.

As for the event itself, it was nice for once to be able to get enough artifacts this time without having to rely on an follow up adventure.

I liked the quests this time around, no need to have to stick in level 1 manu's was a big positive so thank you for my last two points. :)

Pauly7

Magus
I don't think I like all these easy quests. Sometimes it's nice to be able to rattle through a few, but without any forward planning done it was all over in a few days, bar the daily quests.

I don't want to stick my neck out and say they should make it difficult, but this event required no thought at any point along the way. The shuffleboard is just a part of that. It was just 20 days of clicking til it was over... and at the end I found myself with 14 artefacts.

m4rt1n

Adept
I don't think I like all these easy quests. Sometimes it's nice to be able to rattle through a few, but without any forward planning done it was all over in a few days, bar the daily quests.

I don't want to stick my neck out and say they should make it difficult, but this event required no thought at any point along the way. The shuffleboard is just a part of that. It was just 20 days of clicking til it was over... and at the end I found myself with 14 artefacts.

It wasn't so easy for a tech locked ch16 player with 4 day scouts, trust me, but I got there.

I do understand making quests for all levels of players must be hard, so some get it easier than others, depends where you are in the game. My main point that I enjoyed most was not having to tear down buildings and put in Level 1 manu and ws. I am also very happy that another FA is not required to get all the required artifacts to evolve the building. Personally I haven't built any from at least the last 3 events, but still nice that the event doesn't force the FA afterwards.

Timneh

Artisan
I didn't do a whole lot of this event but what i did do was quite good. The quests were ok apart from the vision vapour ones. I dislike those because there is nothing i want very often in crafting and when you only get recipes that give 1, 2 or 3 vapour most of the time it can take a long time to get 30 or 40 VV, i wasn't able to do the alternates in those quests most of the time because of being tech locked and long scouting times so from my point of view less of those quests and lower amounts would be better. I caught up with the daily quests with 3 or 4 days left so for me it was not too easy.

Gargon667

Mentor
That's a bummer too... Although, you still get 20 free seeds instead of 10 right? It's better than getting x2 followed by one relic.

By the way, Inno, if it hasn't been said enough already, I think a prize of 1 relic is an insult. I would actually prefer it just to see a message saying "you didn't win a prize this time". That would be less annoying.
I agree with you Pauly, the reshuffle was certainly one of the better prizes in this silly shuffleboard system! I always counted on each shuffleboard, how many prizes there were that would NOT annoy me if I got them, the number was always between 4-6. Then you have the 3 "specials" reveal, double, shuffle, leaves 7-9 garbage prizes. So the shuffle is certainly above average :D, Since there often are 5 1 relic prizes in there anything but a relic for doubles is already an OK outcome lol. It simply was the most horrible event we ever had.

Paladestar

Enchanter
I could deal with the shuffleboard, if when finding the shuffle it just gave us the shuffle button and it was up to us when to click it.

The prizes, however, are getting really pathetic!

roniedon

Novice
it so interesting to find seeds sprouting, its like a natural season of the mushroom in July and August and most interesting to choose seeds in the shuffleboard, guessing to win naturally any so important for the further games event and that some sort of lucky. it is a game to enjoy and to relax, much on enjoying the month of May...... looking forward, like winning the pandemic of Covid-19..... ha ha ha but its worth to have this kind of mind blowing.