• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion The May Celebrations Event

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves

Please use this thread to discuss The May Celebrations Event!

We're looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Pauly7

Magus
Nothing positive to say about this one. A fairly weak uninspiring grand prize and a return to what is well documented as the most hateful feature Inno has ever conceived of. I refer, of course, to the shuffle board.

Too many events leading to poorer prizes. I would rather wait longer for a good event.

Errandil

Conjurer
Still the same bad shuffle mechancs even though they are saying that it was improved, overall nerfed dailies and the grand prize that's good only for KP if you have extra space for it. Oh well, it's better than nothing, but feels underwhelming nonetheless.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Oh no, free stuff for doing some things I would normally do, but maybe in atypical quantities or timing...

Oh no, it's free stuff I don't like...

Oh no, it's less free stuff than before...

Oh no.

Maybe is because if you don't complete the event, they perma-ban you. Wait... they actually don't ban you for that!

Killiak

Artisan
We have made some considerable changes to the 'shuffle' in the event as well as a few other changes to improve and move forward event mechanisms. Based on feedback from previous events...

Ah yes, the feedback. Well Silmaril, since you have been playing Inno games for a fairly long time, you know as well as I do that saying something like you just did will just make old-time players laugh.

- There was a lot of feedback on the new chapter; it didn't get changed
- There was (and is) a lot of feedback on the Squad Size upgrades and tournaments; nothing changed for years! now.
- There was a lot of feedback on the shuffle system; people HATED it and never wanted to see it again.

But look, it's back! We have a saying in Dutch, which translates well; "Even if the monkey wears a golden ring, the monkey is still an ugly thing"

The event fits the recent trend; nice art, doable quests (alternatives to quests, this I applaud), some reasonable dailies (but hard to get), a meh grand prize and a rather crummy/nerfed way to get rewards.

All in all; disappointment prevails.

DeletedUser6848

I like it.

not the shuffle board.

but some lots of really cute new buildings, many of them useful hybrids giving decent (though not spectacular) population. Classic rural fantasy theme to it all. The May Tree is a really pretty Evolving Building giving useful amount of goods, mana or sentient, plus a boost to population and supplies.

I’m definitely looking forward to replacing the Phoenix buildings, which I just personally didn’t like the look of, with ones from this event.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Could you tell us what these changes are because there is no mention of them in the announcement.
Worth re-reading the announcement: Daily May Reward which is given for log in in, Quest Milestones to give additional prizes, Flowers refunded when shuffle occurs so you get a spin back for a prize and ''Furthermore, you will notice some changes to the event quests this time around! There is a limited story questline that you get to complete. Once that is finished, you unlock additional episodic quests. One of these quests is added to the list of available quests with each new day of the event. All quests reward you with 10 Spring Seeds, enough to open another Flower''
:)

Pauly7

Magus
This doesn't look like considerable changes to the shuffle. These are new event elements. The only change to the awful shuffle system that I can see is a refund of flowers when the shuffle occurs... A very minor tweak not addressing what everyone hates.

DeletedUser4149

instants made things too easy and took too much of the challenge out of a lot of things in this game. events were more fun when we actually had to complete quests by planning and not by having tons of instants saved

Timneh

Artisan
Worth re-reading the announcement: Daily May Reward which is given for log in in, Quest Milestones to give additional prizes, Flowers refunded when shuffle occurs so you get a spin back for a prize and ''Furthermore, you will notice some changes to the event quests this time around! There is a limited story questline that you get to complete. Once that is finished, you unlock additional episodic quests. One of these quests is added to the list of available quests with each new day of the event. All quests reward you with 10 Spring Seeds, enough to open another Flower''

You said there have been some considerable changes made to the shuffle board, where in this post is the bit about changes to the shuffle board ? As @Pauly7 says it seems the only change to the shuffle board is the return of flowers if you pick the shufffle prize.