• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Spire and Tournament - Resources-Orcs

Status
Not open for further replies.

clau63

Alchemist
Just a question for everybody - Why from a few months the Spire of Eternity and Tournament together become very hard to play, only the resources like marble, steel, silk - usually are not a problem to be found, only ORCS are........I had to implant in my city a lot of Orc Nest and is not enough....the question is : - Why is not enough only 200 - 300 orcs in one encounter ,doesn't matter if it is in Spire or in Tournament .... -- This game became more and more difficult to play....... - Do we have to buy everything ?? Or do I have to implant in all my city only ORC NEST.....come on guys........the question is for everybody but I need an answer from a Forum MODERATOR please.....:))

Have a nice day to everybody,
Thank you,
clau63

Jake65

Sage
There are also event buildings that produce orcs.
Depending on your chapter, the Heroes Forge AW gives orcs as well.

Jake65

Sage
The tricky thing with orcs (and Mana and seeds) is you can't accelerate their production with timers.
On the upside, orcs don't decay :)

Edit to add: you might be able to speed up armoury production with timers. I don't have an armoury so can't check for you.

clau63

Alchemist
yes I can accelerate with timers like you said but not always ,I need 12 hours boost or 24,come on guys that is only 1 time and the rest of all I need to the top........come on guys... do I need to buy everything..??

Jake65

Sage
do I need to buy everything..??
Nope, but I'm sure Inno would be very grateful if you did :D

You will inevitably find yourself short of some resource. As you correct that, you move on to another chapter and discover a shortfall of a different resource.
If you're currently short of orcs then add more orc nests to produce what you need. You'll probably find you can remove some at a later stage when orc requirements are not as high.

I find the game is very much about balance.
Eg. If you're currently spending loads of supplies in the trader because of an excess then teleport a workshop or two and fill the space with orc nests.

MinervaOz

Enchanter
The simple answer is that you have to build your city to suit your playing style. If you want to negotiate in the Spire and tourney and don't have enough orcs, then you will need to add extra orc-producing buildings. Orc nests at chapter level have a higher production per tile than armouries (I haven't compared them to event buildings but Elvenarchitect would do the comparison for you). Or you could fight more encounters instead.

clau63

Alchemist
I will be glad if only I'll get the real answer, what more without implant all city with ORCS - building I can find ,or how much armories I need to build, I have 4........I want to reach the last level at Spire of Eternity....or to have at least 26 encountres in Tournament at one level.......come on guys,I did it everytime almost since 3 months ago......??

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi There @clau63 I understand you want a Moderator to answer but I would definitely refer you to all of the comments above as they have some excellent advice there!

For Fighting and Negotiations, Orcs will become a regular resource. If you are more of a Negotiate/Caterer then yes, you will need to ensure you have plenty as they will add up along the way! It is always worth trying to both Fight and Negotiate where you can as this will save valuable resources.

Diamonds (as always) remain a choice as to whether you use them or not. Yes they will help you move forward a lot quicker, however if you have patience there is no real need of them to boost your Orc resources.

So look to your Armories and try and get them upgraded to the highest possible for your Chapter and remember 2 x 12hr Production give you more than 1 x 24hr Production if you're able to collect. If you need more Armories, chuck them in! There's no hard or fast rule as to how many you need. If you need them, you build them!

I myself had to stock up on Orc Nests to carry me through a few chapters however these reduced when I was able to trade them in for higher producing Event Buildings so make sure to keep an eye out for these.

Bear in mind as well that when you move through the Chapters, the difficulty will increase. As you upgrade certain Ancient Wonders, this will also have an effect on your Spire/Tournament Difficulty.

So it's all about finding that balance and as mentioned above, arranging your City to your Play Style.

I hope that helps somewhat!

Kind Regards

Herodite.

clau63

Alchemist
Thank you for the answer but it is only partial because all you told me and I refer to Herodite all these I already know and like I said and I don't like to repeat myself, I already wrote here above about these.......I need to know even our LEADERSHIP about these ,this I am trying to say.......because there is no ANSWER, at least not a real answer to match........please I need answer....

Last edited by a moderator:

kurgkurg

Conjurer
you need to balance your city with your playing style, that is the answer. No one other can't say which is your playing style. Feel your city. Overproducing something else gives you a sign of what you need to replace.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Do we have to buy everything ??

No, we don't have to buy everything or anything. There's a lot of players that don't spend any money and do very well in the game. It's more challenging but it can be done. All the other questions were answered very well above. Sorry but I think that we all are a bit confused what other answer do you need, maybe a bit more explanation?

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
That's because there is no "real" answer @clau63 and I understand that may be frustrating response but everything depends on your strategy :)

I assure you there is no secret being kept from you with regards to Productions/Spire/Tournaments. The Difficulty will increase as you progress through your Journey, and you need to ensure you have sufficient resources to shoulder your outgoings! If you're running out of Orcs, then make sure you have enough Buildings within your City to support that.

I'll help as much as I can but with this, but I can't really say anymore than what's already been said.

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Sir Derf

Adept
Just a question for everybody - Why from a few months the Spire of Eternity and Tournament together become very hard to play, only the resources like marble, steel, silk - usually are not a problem to be found, only ORCS are........I had to implant in my city a lot of Orc Nest and is not enough....the question is : - Why is not enough only 200 - 300 orcs in one encounter ,doesn't matter if it is in Spire or in Tournament .... -- This game became more and more difficult to play....... - Do we have to buy everything ?? Or do I have to implant in all my city only ORC NEST.....come on guys........the question is for everybody but I need an answer from a Forum MODERATOR please.....:))

Have a nice day to everybody,
Thank you,
clau63

"the question is for everybody" Well, I'm a somebody, so a part of everybody, here's my 2 snails...

Why from a few months ago...? Good question. I'm not aware of any game-wide change to either the Spire or Tournaments a few months ago, especially not one that effected the difficulty/cost of participation. So, I'm left to consider the alternative question... "What changed in your city from a few months ago?" Did you add new expansions to your city? Complete new researches? Advance into a new Chapter?

This game became more and more difficult to play. You advance in the game, your city gains more area allowing more buildings, you gain access to more and different buildings, your existing buildings become more efficient at production... and the game responds by adding more challenges, adding more resources, increasing the pop and culture needs, increasing the fighting and catering needs.

If these general observations, similar to those already offered, aren't sufficient to your needs, if, as you say, you need "a real answer to match", then I politely suggest we need more information.

In a separate post, you state your goal is "I want to reach the last level at Spire of Eternity....or to have at least 26 encountres in Tournament at one level.", but what are you bringing to the table? What chapter are you in? How far along in it are you? What do you have in your city, how many and what level? What is your production/collection schedule? What is your catering vs. fighting strategy?

clau63

Alchemist
My chapter is 14 and my goal is to do as much is possible, I never give up so easely , many times I reached in Spire of Eternity the top and in Tournament like I said before ; 26 - 28,may be more in first stage,24 next,22 and so on...

Jake65

Sage
As @Sir Derf mentioned, where you are in a chapter makes a difference. Along with all the other points they raised.
It's not unusual to have a spire/tourney push week followed by a week of 'rest' to recover resources/troops.
I think most (if not all) players who consistently top the spire and score well in the tourney have their cities structured to support this.

I would suggest considering shifting to fighting more. The change of approach is initially a pain but for me it was well worth it.

clau63

Alchemist
I have 9.

Just because you don't like an answer does not mean it isn't valid.
ok, did do anything else in your city or you gave me an answer only to have a reply...?? You didn't say your level and if you pay a little atention you will see I didn't say that, thank you...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.