• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

User Interface Search function in inventory

Hekata

Artisan
It would b very helpful if we could get a search bar in the inventory (PC version, I think it already exists on mobile app). I've been playing this game for a veeery long time and I'm now up to 61 pages in my summonings tab. It's become very tedious to search for buildings. So what I'd like to see is just a little search bar where I can type the name (or part of the name) of a building and it takes me right to it.

Hekata

Artisan
Lol, I must have missed the previous suggestions, but yeah, the devs do seem to need frequent reminders abut some issues ;)

Jake65

Sage
+10
It's an absolute blessing on mobile especially when placing multiple troop boosters before the tournament.

Another plus on mobile is a newly acquired building shows up first in the list. Until you close and reopen the inventory that is, then you have to search for it. On PC the buildings get added to inventory by RNGesus :rolleyes:

Hekata

Artisan
It's an absolute blessing on mobile especially when placing multiple troop boosters before the tournament.
Yes, that's particularly annoying, especially when one still has boosters from previous chapters, that's a lot of clicking.
The other situation is when I want to check if I already have a specific building in my inventory. It takes a lot of time to find it (and the icons are not that big so at reduced scale some look quite similar so I have to stop and check which one it is). I also have this problem that sometimes, when I try to go fast through the pages, the icons stop refreshing and basically it looks like I have the same buildings on every page so I have to close the tab and start all over again :rolleyes:

kimkimkim

Summoner
playing devil's advocate here.......but realistically what are the chances of using a building (I'm not talking evolves or military boosters) that is many chapter's old......why not take the time and go through the summonings and start disenchanting things you know you are not gonna use.......doing this on a monthly (pure estimate here) bases would keep the summonings tab at a manageable number

Jake65

Sage
why not take the time and go through the summonings and start disenchanting things you know you are not gonna use.
I should probably apply this principle to my garage at home. Then again, that single rusty shelf bracket from 1997 might come in handy one day :p

Jake65

Sage
@kimkimkim I just cleared my inventory of any buildings more than one chapter old. Excluding evolvers, magic and set buildings.
Acquired 39k spell fragments in the process! A worthwhile exercise :)

kimkimkim

Summoner
@kimkimkim I just cleared my inventory of any buildings more than one chapter old. Excluding evolvers, magic and set buildings.
Acquired 39k spell fragments in the process! A worthwhile exercise :)
so now here's the little devil speaking to me.........why would we need a search function if everybody took on that same philosophy and actually spend a little time clearing out the summonings of any unwanted, useless, old items?

Alcaro

Necromancer
so now here's the little devil speaking to me.........why would we need a search function if everybody took on that same philosophy and actually spend a little time clearing out the summonings of any unwanted, useless, old items?
Maybe because there is an endless line of events asking for Spell fragments, and you never know when they decide to remove some buildings (like they did with Moonstone Library) - just an example.
Another reason to have a Search function is when you are looking for a particular building (evolving one or part of the set). For example, for ch.20, I teleported several sets but which aren't all at the same level, because I chose to upgrade only some parts of them which were beneficial for me. Now, those sets are scattered in several chapters, meaning most of my Summonings inventory (34 pages).

SkyRider99

Mentor
But I might need them one day. Where will I find another one? They increase in value over time. :p

(I'm liking your new avatar @kimkimkim. Very befitting for a Necromancer.)

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I should probably apply this principle to my garage at home. Then again, that single rusty shelf bracket from 1997 might come in handy one day :p

And when we actually do need it, we can't find it or forget that we have it and buy a new one that comes in a set of ten that need to be stored because they might be very useful one day. :D