• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Play along. How many empty player spots are in your neighborhood?

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I had a few yesterday but all my 185 neighbours are present this evening... I'm close to the center though ;)

DeletedUser

Zero. Have not had any for months. I think they gave up on my area of the world map and no longer remove the inactive players. I kept track of all my discovered neighbors for a few months and there were no changes at all. No inactive removal or player transfers in or out. Have around 110-120 discovered neighbors.

I'm guessing they have not removed them as then we would just be stuck with a bunch of gold mines that only give 1/2 value in coins. I'm guessing new players signing up for world Arendyll probably would not keep pace with the deletes, so they are just concentrating on keeping the more central areas active.

DeletedUser3781

Mine empty spots are on Winyandor, on Arendyll I also have zero.

DeletedUser1345

If we are counting the ghost cities ( long abandoned cities ) as well, then I estimate over 300 in my explored neighborhood are empty. :oops:

DeletedUser2553

At least 23 ghost cities (long abandoned cities) where thing stand still, just recently it was many more about 30 ghost cities. Still there is some cities that has look the same for between 6 months up to 1 year, I can't belive they are active at all, as same building(s) are not ready yet, but they left them to upgrade, and not logged in again. On the other hand one of my old account is still active, a city I left over 1 year ago :confused:

DeletedUser3542

Only 4 or 5 in my discovered area right now, there was more but they were removed and other cities have replaced them, i seem to have got lucky when i started playing here a few weeks back as most around me are big cities and are active :)

DeletedUser3407

On one of my smaller cities 19/126 are unpopulated. Not abandoned, just empty with a gold coin icon once per day. Bit pants, innit!

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I have one gold mine, but too many inactive cities to count. It feels like when I got moved to that neighborhood they stopped taking inactive cities out.

DeletedUser3337

25 empty (coin mines)

114 cities left, of which:
(at least) 51 are inactive
26 are active on trade once in a while
the rest (37) I have not seen on trade nore gotten a visit from, I do not know if they still play

Out of these 114 players, about 10-12 visit me daily/every other day

DeletedUser3032

I went from 10 yesterday to 41 dead empty cities today ;/

@Muf-Muf
wth is going on? Why are they culling loads all of a sudden? Seems like it's happening to everyones neighborhood..???? Has the criteria for city moves/deletion been changed???

Normally only ever have 2 or 3 and they are filled within 48hrs.... I've had 10 empties for more than a week and now another 31 have become empty.
1 Player, 31 accounts all in same area???? lol

DeletedUser3781

I think the deleting algorithm doesn't run continuously, they just run it from time to time and then it deletes all cities that meet the criteria for deletion, all at once.
And maybe they're not getting filled as fast as before because new players are directed to Felyndral instead of the old world. I'm not sure of that one, though.

DeletedUser3032

I think the deleting algorithm doesn't run continuously, they just run it from time to time and then it deletes all cities that meet the criteria for deletion, all at once.
And maybe they're not getting filled as fast as before because new players are directed to Felyndral instead of the old world. I'm not sure of that one, though.

Seems bad them doing it that way. Directing all new players to a new server will mean hardly any new players joining the other 2 worlds. Eventually there will be no players! Yes we can move to a more active area (if they ever run the script) but eventually the problem will reoccur again and again. Shame they don't move players to other servers as well.

What they should do is run the deletion/move script more often, keep players registering in the more established servers and not create new ones. ;/

@Muf-Muf