• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Play along. How many empty player spots are in your neighborhood?

Timneh

Artisan
Yesterday morning i had 8 new gold mines in my neighbourhood this morning i had another 34 gold mines. Has someone not been doing their job ? lol.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Allow me to shed some light on this.

We found some issues with the deletion of inactive accounts recently (in the last weeks) where we were not deleting a good chunk of accounts that should have been eligible for deletion. Because of this, we then turned off player deletion for the time being. We have fixed these problems with the version 1.32 update, and we re-enabled it on our EN worlds now. This is why you are seeing a lot of inactive accounts being deleted at the moment, causing many gold mines to appear.

Due to the currently active Tournament, we have not yet been able to move any players. We plan to execute the player movement on Monday, when there is no Tournament active. With this, we will move players in the outskirts of the map as close to the center as possible. We might (might!) repeat this multiple times on Monday, if we can.

We are keeping a close eye on how the three worlds on Elvenar International develop in terms of player numbers, and we will certainly make sure that new players go to all worlds where there is space to host them. Currently this is only Felyndral, but we will guide new players to Arendyll and Winyandor as soon as there is space again, to keep a steady stream of new players coming into all worlds. All in all, we expect that it'll take several weeks to get to this point (could even be one to two months), since we cannot just easily do this all in one go.

A follow-up point for later on, will be to determine if we have to maybe change our inactivity deletion criteria. The ones we currently have in place are already quite old (they haven't changed since we implemented inactive account deletion about a year and a half ago), and might be in need of an update, because while they were fine when we implemented the feature, they might be outdated now. When we do, we will of course share that information - unfortunately we cannot share any details on this right now, since the subject has yet to be discussed and decided upon.

I hope that this explains a bit how the processes work and what we're currently doing to resolve the situation that we're currently facing. :)

Shadow Mike

Soothsayer
Thanks Muf-Muf for those info.

One question : Will the system also move players who have built big cities but have stopped playing to the rim ? There are quite a few of them at this moment.

Timneh

Artisan
I have to agree with shadow mike. There are a number of larger cities in my neighbourhood that have not been active for a long time now but they are well past chapter 3 so will not get deleted.
@Muf-Muf this has been mentioned several times before on the forum but would it not be possible to put the new players on the outside of the world map so that if they stop playing after a few days it does not affect the players that have been playing for a long time. The new players can not trade in the quantities that the larger cities need making it harder for them to progress ?

DeletedUser3032

That explains that. But.....

@Muf-Muf

We are keeping a close eye on how the three worlds on Elvenar International develop in terms of player numbers, and we will certainly make sure that new players go to all worlds where there is space to host them. Currently this is only Felyndral, but we will guide new players to Arendyll and Winyandor as soon as there is space again, to keep a steady stream of new players coming into all worlds.

By the time this is implemented, there is going to be another 1000 players leaving the game and 2000 players not creating accounts on the Arendyll and Winyandor. The only new players we will be getting is those new players signing up on Felyndral and wanting another account in another world as well. After a week or two they will get bored and over worked and decide to leave their 2nd world ;/ You will have to run the deletion/move script another 100 times before anything gets implemented ;/

Knowing how many 'sort of' active players there are in the 3 worlds, would easily allow you to throw new players into the less populated. If they already have a game world then let them select one of the other worlds to make a city in. But the initial city on registration is always the less populated. A lot of games show the player numbers verse capacity or just a percentage, however, this is not a good approach as new players will pick the biggest.

I think I now have 90ish cities around me which I'd probably say 80 of them are inactive, gone past chapter 3 and thus wont be deleted or moved. ;/ So I have 10 actives, and a possibility of 41 (gold mines at present) 'NEW PLAYERS' inbound to my neighborhood in the next few months.... Of which 2 may be 3 may stay and play for a few months.

Delete the other server and merge it between the 2. Since people are allowed more than one account in each server, this wouldn't cause a problem. Another suggestion.. Make the whole server trades available to all!!!!

This tournament is killing me, I have no one to trade with and it's my boosted resource. It's a joke!

Timneh

Artisan
Does anybody actually know why cities that have reached chapter 3 will not get deleted even if they have not been played for months ? Just wondering if Inno have ever given a reason for this as it seems a bit stupid to me , after all an abandoned city is an abandoned city regardless of how far advanced it is.

DeletedUser3032

Does anybody actually know why cities that have reached chapter 3 will not get deleted even if they have not been played for months ? Just wondering if Inno have ever given a reason for this as it seems a bit stupid to me , after all an abandoned city is an abandoned city regardless of how far advanced it is.

Totally agree with you. The only reason I can see is that they have picked that chapter as a medium because if people reach it the chances are they like playing the game and may return some day as they would have already spent a good while getting to it. If they don't reach it then it's fair to say they have had enough. The majority of players find out within 5-10 mins or even up to a week that it's not for them. They know roughly how long it takes players to get to chapter 3 and will have some stats from all their other games too, which will probably indicate this to be the make or break point for players.

The retention of new players is atrocious in free to play browser games. Short lived accounts in other games tend to be the ones the companies make more money off initially, they register, spend money, speed things up, notice it's still slow as hell and quit, as they are impatient and want everything now.

There was an article I read a while ago and the numbers amazed me. But I knew this anyways, just didn't think it was that bad.

DeletedUser2262

Allow me to shed some light on this.

We found some issues with the deletion of inactive accounts recently (in the last weeks) where we were not deleting a good chunk of accounts that should have been eligible for deletion. Because of this, we then turned off player deletion for the time being. We have fixed these problems with the version 1.32 update, and we re-enabled it on our EN worlds now. This is why you are seeing a lot of inactive accounts being deleted at the moment, causing many gold mines to appear.

....etc

I hope that this explains a bit how the processes work and what we're currently doing to resolve the situation that we're currently facing. :)

I'm generally one of the first to criticise how InnoGames handles things with its userbase, but this a great counterpoint - excellent information, very useful, well presented. Thank you Muf-muf, it's appreciated.

m4rt1n

Adept
I only got 2 gold mines and still have at least 4 forever upgrading Main Halls in my neighbourhood. Doesn't seem any of the inactive Main Hall and 2 level one buildings have been removed in my part of the map. I joined the game in March with a Miniclip.com account when the game was heavily advertised there so wonder if the inactive players who joined with a Miniclip account are not getting deleted. I'm currently part way through chapter 5, and am surrounded with at least 90% non players after unlocking 111 provinces.

Timneh

Artisan

I may have misunderstood but this to me means that there have now been a lot of inactive cities deleted and i would agree with that as i now have a lot of gold mines in my neighbourhood in Winyandor

We are keeping a close eye on how the three worlds on Elvenar International develop in terms of player numbers, and we will certainly make sure that new players go to all worlds where there is space to host them. Currently this is only Felyndral, but we will guide new players to Arendyll and Winyandor as soon as there is space again, to keep a steady stream of new players coming into all worlds.

This says that there is no room in Winyandor or Arendyll worlds for new players but if a lot of inactives have been deleted from those worlds(which they have) then how can there be no room for new players except for on Felyndral?
Yet another case of Inno contradicting themselves.

DeletedUser3032

I may have misunderstood but this to me means that there have now been a lot of inactive cities deleted and i would agree with that as i now have a lot of gold mines in my neighbourhood in Winyandor

This says that there is no room in Winyandor or Arendyll worlds for new players but if a lot of inactives have been deleted from those worlds(which they have) then how can there be no room for new players except for on Felyndral?
Yet another case of Inno contradicting themselves.

Look at the World map I made. It's incomplete anyways so it cannot be full. Also there is big sections of the map including right by the center where there is no one at all.

Timneh

Artisan
Really good stuff that map King0r. How do you find out that info especially where you are on the world map ? I'd like to look and see where i am.

DeletedUser3032

That is for Winyandor. Because I know the shape of the map and how wide each line is, I can go to a city, find edge of map by going left or right and then up or down, work out where on the outline of the world I'm at and draw straight lines. Pretty much 100% accurate. I did mess up with a couple of them though, but thats been corrected :)

Timneh

Artisan
Wow thanks very much for that King0r. Si i'm nowhere near the middle of the map then, what a surprise lol.