• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

No Spire mystery chests

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Today I finished the Spire to the top and didn't get any mystery chests at all. I understand that there's random element to the game but there should be limits to how far it should be let go. Next I won't be getting any event daily prizes.
Has this happened to anyone else not getting any mystery chests at all? Doing the Spire is a lot of effort, the possibility of not getting much out of it makes it complete gamble. RNG should make it more unpredictable not more disastrous. It should be used to get something but not knowing what and not to exploit our efforts for little reward.

Pauly7

Magus
That's some bad luck. I've never gone all the way up without getting a single one. I've drawn a blank on a single floor a few times, but never all the way.

JollyElf

Soothsayer
Yeah. Especially dwarven armorer will be useful for both tourney / city building gamers alike (province progress etc, event encounter quests etc)
And it would be nice if it’s a definite reward for spire finishers, per say.
1 definitely each week is great + rng da in chests ;)

Last edited:

OldHag

Necromancer
Has this happened to anyone else not getting any mystery chests at all?

Many, many times and I've been doing the spire since the beginning.....I'm happy if I win a chest but I don't expect to win some.

Gargon667

Mentor
Today I finished the Spire to the top and didn't get any mystery chests at all. I understand that there's random element to the game but there should be limits to how far it should be let go. Next I won't be getting any event daily prizes.
Has this happened to anyone else not getting any mystery chests at all? Doing the Spire is a lot of effort, the possibility of not getting much out of it makes it complete gamble. RNG should make it more unpredictable not more disastrous. It should be used to get something but not knowing what and not to exploit our efforts for little reward.

What you want is already there for you to take!
Join a gold medal FS and you will receive awesome rewards every week for finishing the spire.

Mystery chests are just a bonus :) I am very happy when I get them, and don´t notice when I don´t. So I can´t even say if I have ever gone all 3 floors without getting one...

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Interesting. Some agree it's a very bad luck and others saying get over it. I wonder whether the game puts some people into lucky basket and some people into unlucky basket otherwise there's no explanation why some have never seen it and some get it often. In a normal situation people would be getting the same overall result especially after years of playing the Spire.
Without mystery chests, the cost vs reward is quite different to the cost vs reward with mystery chests. I love this game but I do not support gambling.

Join a gold medal FS and you will receive awesome rewards every week for finishing the spire.
I'm already part of one.

Turing

Bard
I wonder whether the game puts some people into lucky basket and some people into unlucky basket otherwise there's no explanation why some have never seen it and some get it often. In a normal situation people would be getting the same overall result especially after years of playing the Spire.

There's an easy explanation - psychology. Most people's description of events is a pretty mediocre match at best to objectively recorded facts, especially if much time has passed. The chances are the ones reporting it happening have actually suffered it less than they recall, and those reporting never have in fact been there, but just never noticed/immediately forgot about it.

re lucky baskets etc: the chances this happens are miniscule. I mean WHY would the devs waste time doing it - effectively making the game worse? Some games might give a leg up to people who are struggling/recently returned - but usually do so in overt ways.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
The chances are the ones reporting it happening have actually suffered it less than they recall

I agree with this one as we generally like to exaggerate.

and those reporting never have in fact been there, but just never noticed/immediately forgot about it.

Not really sure as we normally remember when something annoys us and it's way out of norm. Unless someone genuinely doesn't care about mystery chests and the goodies in them.

re lucky baskets etc: the chances this happens are miniscule. I mean WHY would the devs waste time doing it - effectively making the game worse? Some games might give a leg up to people who are struggling/recently returned - but usually do so in overt ways.

Answer to everything: money. It's not in the game's interest to make paying players realise that whatever they're paying for others easily get for free. And yes, they wouldn't make it worse for everyone.
I'm not saying this is the case but it's one of the possibilities.

Pauly7

Magus
and those reporting never have in fact been there, but just never noticed/immediately forgot about it.
Nope, not me. I've been to the top of the Spire pretty much every week since it started and I've never gone all the way up without receiving a single mystery chest. If it was a case of - maybe it happened 3 times or maybe it happened 5 times then you may be unsure, but when something has never happened... that's a definite.

I actually had once same experience. I even raised a ticket because of that because I thought that there were some technical issue. On the other hand I've experienced also some times something I like to call a rain of mystery chests. So, You never know what You can get - like Forrest Gump said once. :)

Hekata

Artisan
I had a period like that when I would get 0 or just 1 MC per Spire for quite a while (maybe a month or a bit more, it was quite frustrating), then it got back to normal and I'd get at least 1 or 2 MC per Spire often more. So it can happen but shouldn't be something that happens all the time.

Speaking of the Spire, has anyone noticed getting less DAs? I can go 2 or 3 Spires without seeing a single one.

Morning Town

Alchemist
Have made third level, several times, with no chests....then chests start to appear on the the lower levels when working through third level floors.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I'm inclined to agree. RNG shouldn't rule all. It'd be nice if rewards reflected the effort.
I never hear anybody complain when they get 15 chests.
RNG!= RNG
There seems to be a habit of blaming everything to RNG and see it as a negative thing.
You win some you loose some but over the long them RNG is not RNG. it's just average.

The suprise of getting something when you do not expect it makes RNG fun. once you can "just collect" prizes it becomes a boring job.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
You win some you loose some but over the long them RNG is not RNG. it's just average.

Yes, unfortunately, it can take thousands of years for RNG to hit average and then it can only hit it once. What I was getting at that there should be a limit on extreme cases of RNG that are allowed to happen. It is possible (not probable) that some players have much less luck than others and that makes it unfair towards them.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Yes, unfortunately, it can take thousands of years for RNG to hit average and then it can only hit it once. What I was getting at that there should be a limit on extreme cases of RNG that are allowed to happen. It is possible (not probable) that some players have much less luck than others and that makes it unfair towards them.
Yeah in a theoretical universe it can teake a theoretical trillion years and thats where most RNG haters hide behind.
The issue is that at some point it's more likly to be hit by lightning a car and a train on the same day is much more likely to happen.
Depending on the chances you get odds even out pretty quickly.

The worst RNG in this game by a mile is the magic workshop with 5% and 1 chance a week even a year still creates a fairly large fluctuation.
But chests in the spire?
You get 48 chances per week with odds between 10-20% or so. the odds to get a really whacky over a full year is implausible at best.
the chance to get none in a week is already very low, but it does happen as the OP shows.
But over 2496 throws it will be very close to average for every single player.

I mean good luck throwing 2096 D6's and not getting near a 3.5 average score.
RNG only works on small datasets. throw 10 dice and the averages will be all over the place, throw a 1000 and it pretty much the same.