• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser8632

Sorry Tesla, you are right. I'm done with this talk and I would like to have a an answer to that question too. I'm going to lurk in the Beta forum again to see if they mention it there :D

Thank you :)

DeletedUser3571

in my beta city the mermaids artefact gives 1750 fragments with a lv4 MA (so i think that would be 2000 with lv5)
and on live i get 3000 fragments from a lv5 MA

DeletedUser8632

in my beta city the mermaids artefact gives 1750 fragments with a lv4 MA (so i think that would be 2000 with lv5)
and on live i get 3000 fragments from a lv5 MA

So artifacts DO get reduced as well. Thanks for the info. Time to disenchant artifacts.

DeletedUser8632

Apparently there is a chance that a new Craftsman Challenge is starting on Monday 2nd September. See: https://elvengems.com/craftsman-challenge-sept-2019/

The grand final prize of the craftmans challenge is a (wait for it) whopping 7x 2h booster.

upload_2019-9-1_16-20-22.png

Good luck everyone! :D

DeletedUser4149

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHY A 33% COIN RAIN COSTS MORE THAN A 50% AND WHY A 5% PORTAL PROFITS COSTS MORE THAN 4X a 5%?
  • Portal Profit 5% - 300 Spell Fragments (was: 600), 8 Vision Vapor (was: 9)
  • Portal Profit 10% - 1300 Spell Fragments (was: 900), 16 Vision Vapor (was: 14)
  • Portal Profit 15% - 1850 Spell Fragments (was: 1350), 9 Combining Catalysts (was: 7), 23 Vision Vapor (was: 17)
  • Ancient Knowledge 3 - 175 Spell Fragments (was: 450), 2 Broken Shards (was: 1)
  • Ancient Knowledge 10 - 300 Spell Fragments (was: 1100), 6 Broken Shards (was: 3)
  • Ancient Knowledge 15 - 450 Spell Fragments (was: 1300), 8 Broken Shards (was: 5)
  • Coin Rain 25% - 420 Spell Fragments (was: 353)
  • Coin Rain 33% - 750 Spell Fragments (was: 592)
  • Coin Rain 50% - 600 Spell Fragments (was: 598), 4 Combining Catalysts (was: 3), 9 Vision Vapor (was: 7)
  • Coin Rain 100% - 1200 Spell Fragments (was: 750), 6 Combining Catalysts (was: 5), 15 Vision Vapor (was: 12)
  • Supply Windfall 5% - 300 Spell Fragments (was: 454), 1 Vision Vapor (was: 2)
  • Supply Windfall 10% - 570 Spell Fragments (was: 253), 0 Combining Catalysts (was: 1), 2 Vision Vapor (was: 3)
  • Supply Windfall 15% (was: 2x Supply Windfall 15%) - 390 Spell Fragments (was: 466), 1 Combining Catalyst (was: 3), 3 Vision Vapor (was: 7)
  • Supply Windfall 20% - 630 Spell Fragments (was: 638)
  • Supply Windfall 25% (was: 2x Supply Windfall 25%) - 420 Spell Fragments (was: 704), 2 Combining Catalysts (was: 4), 5 Vision Vapor (was: 10)
  • Supply Windfall 33% - 750 Spell Fragments (was: 592)
  • Supply Windfall 50% - (was 2x Supply Windfall 50%) - 600 Spell Fragments (was: 1177), 4 Combining Catalysts (was: 6), 9 Vision Vapor (was: 15)
  • Supply Windfall 100% - 1200 Spell Fragments (was: 750), 6 Combining Catalysts (was: 5), 15 Vision Vapor (was: 12)

5% portal profit = 300 fragments
10% = 1300 fragments?

coin rain 25% = 420 fragments
33% = 750 fragments
50% = 600 fragments
???

DeletedUser4149

was the info posted on "new form beta" even correct in the 1st place?

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
It's either:

a) A mistake, having not remembered the costs already assigned to others (probably), or;
b) Perhaps it's like a lottery thing where occasionally you get the opportunity to craft something better for cheaper. You'd be all like "Should I craft that 33% Coin Rain or hold out for the cheap 50% to come around?"

edit: or c) What @Thagdal said.

m4rt1n

Adept
Any word from Beta on Chapter 15, I've been waiting since February and the last few have been released on a February/August rota. Now it is September, is there any news to be shared. :)

Now 7 months on from the last chapter release, players are looking elsewhere for another game to play as this is now the longest wait in the history of the game for the next chapter. :(

DeletedUser4149

errrm...you need combining catalysts to craft a 50% as well as spell fragments...o_O
i'm sure we'll need crafting spells for the 30% also. it looks like they only listed the things that are going to change and they didn't list the amount of spells used if there weren't any changes. if i'm wrong, that still doesn't explain the goofy amounts listed for the portal profits.
b) Perhaps it's like a lottery thing where occasionally you get the opportunity to craft something better for cheaper. You'd be all like "Should I craft that 33% Coin Rain or hold out for the cheap 50% to come around?"
that thought crossed my mind but seems silly to make us look through recipes that aren't worth using and seems to contradict the way they try to balance things.
i'm thinking there was a X2 or X3 left out of that list for some of those instants. :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4149

• Portal Profit 5% - 300 Spell Fragments (was: 600), 8 Vision Vapor (was: 9)
  • Portal Profit 10% - 1300 Spell Fragments (was: 900), 16 Vision Vapor (was: 14)
  • Portal Profit 15% - 1850 Spell Fragments (was: 1350), 9 Combining Catalysts (was: 7), 23 Vision Vapor (was: 17
are you sure your info is correct?
why is a 5% portal profit more efficient to make than a 10% and why is a 50% coin rain less efficient than a 100%?

C-Nymph

Necromancer

Timneh

Artisan
Any word from Beta on Chapter 15, I've been waiting since February and the last few have been released on a February/August rota. Now it is September, is there any news to be shared. :)

Marindor was asked if there were any hints he could give about the next chapter and the answer was basically that if they were ready to say anything about the next chapter they would have said it. Make up your own mind about that but to me it means no new chapter in the near future.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
Marindor was asked if there were any hints he could give about the next chapter and the answer was basically that if they were ready to say anything about the next chapter they would have said it. Make up your own mind about that but to me it means no new chapter in the near future.
not sure how you define near future. But i kinda expect it to come still this month. maybe not on live servers yet, but surely on beta

Jackluyt

Shaman

I don't have a lot of time for rumours - but I have heard the word October mentioned.
Don't shoot me if I am wrong!
:)

Lelanya

Mentor
Marindor also said that end game players still only represent 5% of their player base, and asked for patience.

I think that portal profits have distorted gameplay. I anticipate spending more than 6 weeks in Constructs, which I started yesterday. Typically, I am in the last chapter for a week or two before next race is released, in my lead city, but I seem to be getting a wee bit closer, to be spending longer in the 'last' chapter, then the previous time.

I have heard several rumours, as to release of next chapter. And I also think y'all ought to follow C-Nymph's link to the release notes for 1.88 before panicking.

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
I think that portal profits have distorted gameplay.
That much is true. They are not really necessary for later game players, except in the odd moment of impatience, or trying to complete event requirements.
I anticipate spending more than 6 weeks in Constructs, which I started yesterday.
New chapters come out every 6 months, so at this point I anticipate spending 6 months per chapter. For me there is no need for rushing, unless I get to the point that all my AWs are maxed out and there's nothing else to do. I have a couple of chapters of buffer right now so I can speed up now and again if I want to.