• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

m4rt1n

Adept
I'd love it if the new spell/blueprint replacement worked like the rune wheel but with 10 compartments, and those opening 1 chest get one and 10 chests fill it up. That way at least a small fellowship only managing 5 chests could earn 1 every 2 weeks, or a 2 chest fellowship could at least get one spell/blueprint every 5 weeks. Not everyone can be in a top fellowship and some players currently leave the game because of it. My suggestion doesn't affect top fellowships as they would still get one each week, but at least smaller fellowships could get 1 every 2,3 or 4 weeks. :)

DeletedUser3781

Marindor said:
What I can share right now, is that based on your feedback and the data we see, we are indeed currently investigating solutions for the drop in population. We expect to have more details on that next week.
source https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-54.10539/page-5#post-61573

There aren't that many fellowships who can manage to unlock the 10th chest, and there are even less than that who can amange it on a weekly basis.
Perhaps now more people will be motivated to try and we will see more fellowships achieving this?

I'd love it if the new spell/blueprint replacement worked like the rune wheel but with 10 compartments, and those opening 1 chest get one and 10 chests fill it up. That way at least a small fellowship only managing 5 chests could earn 1 every 2 weeks, or a 2 chest fellowship could at least get one spell/blueprint every 5 weeks.
I like this idea, it could motivate smaller FSs to try and get that one chest more. And everyone would be happier probably :)

Timneh

Artisan
Anyone who thinks a magic academy is a useless building lacks imagination

Sorry but i have to disagree. I currently have over 250 MM spells, 350 Pop spells and almost 250 EE spells in my inventory all of which i have got from NH, tourneys and event rewards. I have over 1.5 million of every one of my goods(considerably more of boosted) and spend a lot of supplies and coins in the wholesaler every day and i can't remember the last time my culture bonus dropped below 170% so FOR ME the MA is a waste of space. If i could sell it, it would have been gone a long time ago.

DeletedUser3781

Sorry but i have to disagree. I currently have over 250 MM spells, 350 Pop spells and almost 250 EE spells in my inventory all of which i have got from NH, tourneys and event rewards. I have over 1.5 million of every one of my goods(considerably more of boosted) and spend a lot of supplies and coins in the wholesaler every day and i can't remember the last time my culture bonus dropped below 170% so FOR ME the MA is a waste of space. If i could sell it, it would have been gone a long time ago.
With so many spells, you can just drop a workshop or two, or some manufactories, and use spells instead

cwgiii

Shaman

I hate to have to agree here (At this time). I currently have 450-500 of each spell currently (with the exception of Inspiring Meditation). The ONLY time I use the MA is when it is required for a quest, and then I exclusively make the Meditation spell.

Now, if Inno creates new spells for us (like the equivalent of a blueprint spell), I could easily change my mind. Until then....

LazyTony

Sorcerer
And this is my point. Which player has too much spare space in their city? If you use PoP and MM at a sustainable rate (i.e. no faster than you win/make them), then you can have more space. Spells = supply and goods production = space freed up by having less factories/workshops/houses.

cwgiii

Shaman
True. I just like to use my spells when I can maximize their effect (collect at the minimum time allocation), for the entire duration of the spell. That basically equates to one or two days per month, for me. So, mine have been accumulating for a good while. At this point, I guess I could "waste" a few.

In the case of Workshops, at this point, I actually don't use them for accumulated supply amounts, but for instances of a particular good (when combining for collection of quests Ex: gain 15 beaverages). I am over producing to the point that I burn them in the Wholeseller at least once per day. I just hear that I will need lots of supplies for the remainder of Halflings and Elementals chapters, so I am hesitant to delete my established workshops now, only to realize that the balance is about to shift again relatively soon.

Timneh

Artisan
And this is my point. Which player has too much spare space in their city? If you use PoP and MM at a sustainable rate (i.e. no faster than you win/make them), then you can have more space. Spells = supply and goods production = space freed up by having less factories/workshops/houses.

At the present time i would not say i have too much space but neither am i short of space so i think i would prefer to keep all my buildings and possibly change things in the future if it proves to be needed(if i am still playing).

DeletedUser441

From the information I've seen it appears that I will lose THOUSANDS in population. I sincerely hope the developers will compensate us by giving us enough of the new spells (that replace blueprints) to get our population back to their original levels.:(

DeletedUser441

My question is , will we be given enough of the new spell to bring our population back to it's original level ? If not I will have lost thousands in pop' , giving me a negative pop' ,which I've always avoided. I also hope that the upgrade times of the new spells will be 10 seconds , like the inventory buildings , so that we can regain the population quickly. If we are not given enough to regain our original population I might well quit the game.:(:rolleyes::mad:

Killiak

Artisan
I don't rely on event buildings because they lose efficiency over time and because Inno can't be trusted to not suddenly change stuff around. This isn't the first time, and I very much doubt it will be the last time.

DeletedUser441

I don't rely on event buildings because they lose efficiency over time and because Inno can't be trusted to not suddenly change stuff around. This isn't the first time, and I very much doubt it will be the last time.
When I do upgrade all the event buildings that I have I will gain in population and culture. Problem is I'll need a lot of spells and go into negative population.

m4rt1n

Adept
Link provided by @LazyTony http://www.elvenarchitect.com/beta/buildingchanges154/
@Brienne I think you are worrying over a small readjustment and the opportunity to advance the buildings you have greatly. I didn't start playing until March last year so the change doesn't affect me or the vast majority of newer active players, but I don't see it as anything to quit over.

To me it looks like you are going to gain significantly, having kept hold of the older buildings and now having the opportunity to upgrade them. I wish I had your foresight. :)

cwgiii

Shaman
OMG, I literally have all but one of those built in my city. I was hoping not to delete them until the possible future capability was added to save these structures (in a gallery or such). I am proud of these buildings showing my longevity in the game. I would hate to have to get rid of them en mass just to be functional in the game again.

m4rt1n

Adept
Yes it's Venar's Rocks 1 & 2, Wonky Walter' circus tent, Scream of Halloween, Daunting Pumpkins, Castle Snowflake, Snow Flake Mtn, Tower of the Winter King, Winter Star.
I would imagine that this would be particularly demoralising to returning players :(

Its also very demoralising to everyone who started playing after march 2017, who didn't get the advantage of winning the buildings. Everything after was reduced from when I started playing so always felt at a disadvantage to players who were here for those first few events. No wonder so many players left in the last year after joining to see players with a big advantage they could never gain. I was almost one of them, and knew from playing that seeing the first event buildings in cities I visit, still there when I have had to delete all my earlier event buildings, that they were far too powerful and even after the adjustments probably still are, if only top fellowships get to upgrade them with the new spell. That will be my exit point if true.