• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser5976

I guess there will be a way to craft them as well otherwise they wouldn't call it a spell and kept the name blueprint. However I'm guessing it will be long to craft and will require a lot of relics or whatever else they decide it needs, to make it somewhat comparable to the difficulty of gaining the 10th chest.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1829

I guess there will be a way to craft them as well otherwise they wouldn't call it a spell and kept the name blueprint.

Who knows, it is possible to be a non-craftable spell and the name change simply allows them to use an existing inventory system so that we can view them. Granted I would love it if we could craft them using boosted relics (which are a total waste of space once maxed)

We will find out soon enough.

DeletedUser5976

I guess you're right. However if it's only attainable through the 10th chest many long time players will be very unhappy. Not that I'm one of them. I've started this january only and am not affected and already used to deleting old event buildings and replacing them with new ones.

DeletedUser3781

I was almost one of them, and knew from playing that seeing the first event buildings in cities I visit, still there when I have had to delete all my earlier event buildings, that they were far too powerful and even after the adjustments probably still are, if only top fellowships get to upgrade them with the new spell.
Not all top fellowships play tournament, and not all who win 10th chest are top fellowships. It's more about having active players who wish to go for it than having big players.
Also, some of those old buildings were recycled in later events, so even if someone started playing later, they might still have them.
I think it's the worst for people who get attached to those buildings and collect them. Usually they are not so powerful because a lot of time passed and most people would probably be several chapters further than when they won them; for me they did become obsolete quite some time ago.
It would be nice if we could keep the event buildings just as a decor somewhere on the rocks :)

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Just to remind everyone - all of this is provisional at the moment - there is a lot of reaction/feedback on beta, and as is proper, Inno are using the beta server for beta testing. It may or may not arrive on live servers in the same form.

Timneh

Artisan
Just to remind everyone - all of this is provisional at the moment - there is a lot of reaction/feedback on beta, and as is proper, Inno are using the beta server for beta testing. It may or may not arrive on live servers in the same form.

While that is very true it is also very true that Inno seldom change things from the way they are on beta to the way they hit the live servers. The beta community manager has stated that they will look into the pop loss side of this change so i just hope that they do lessen the pop losses that some beta players have reported before going live (i won't be holding my breath though).

Lelanya

Mentor
Its also very demoralising to everyone who started playing after march 2017, who didn't get the advantage of winning the buildings. Everything after was reduced from when I started playing so always felt at a disadvantage to players who were here for those first few events. No wonder so many players left in the last year after joining to see players with a big advantage they could never gain. I was almost one of them, and knew from playing that seeing the first event buildings in cities I visit, still there when I have had to delete all my earlier event buildings, that they were far too powerful and even after the adjustments probably still are, if only top fellowships get to upgrade them with the new spell. That will be my exit point if true.
Ah Martin you know the answer to that one. You are always welcome to come collect a few of those with us! We are a top FS in Wyn not Arend. And I replaced Castle Snowflake last fall despite how it fit in with my city.
As usual most folks missed the point. We all know players who have returned to Elvenar after a break. Consider how demoralising it would be to discover negative population on top of the common variety ones like who to FS with or which neighbours are active

DeletedUser6357

I do not know anyone to wear their baby clothes.
Do you still play with your Lego or Barbie doll? :p
I do not understand the rushing of buildings in the city. I do not have a place for the actual ones. I had a period when I kept over 10 current buildings in the warehouse, earned since the last season, just because I had no place for them in the city. All the old trophies I had sold and there was no room again.

Anyone who thinks a magic academy is a useless building lacks imagination :p
I totally agree with that. My Magic Academy does not stop producing spells, despite winning the weekly tournament.
At first I was skeptical of Wishing Shell. But with his help, and when I finish S & D, I can upgrade my Magic Academy to the next level and make spells even faster. :)
I currently have over 250 MM spells, 350 Pop spells and almost 250 EE spells in my inventory
Here's the answer to your "problem": ;)
DAmainimage.png

Jackluyt

Shaman
Here is a sneak peek at the new Fellowship Adventures - you are welcome to share it with your friends and neighbors who do not play on Beta!!
:)

If you would like to be notified about other breaking-news videos from EPL, give this one a 'Like' and 'Subscribe' on YouTube.

Here is the link to our Adventure Note: https://bit.ly/2w9mszX

Pauly7

Magus
I'm came looking for Fellowship Adventure chatter and was surprised not to find more. What does everyone think about the new one coming out? My fellowship was in the "we're not gonna play" camp last time around as the prizes were too poor compared to the difficulty. What I've found out so far about the new one is:-

• Stage 1 & 2 rewards - Give a total of 55KP instants for both stages combined and nothing more.
  • Stage 3 reward - Venar's Rocks I, which seems a pretty decent pop/culture building
  • Global rewards - Beefed up quite a bit in terms of small event prizes and instants going much further down, but - still nothing to shout about unless you're literally 1st place on the server.

It looks better, but I'm still not convinced. I haven't yet analysed the difficulty of badge requirements, but if that is still as hard then I'm we may not reach the end of stage 3 and in which case the amount of reward is pretty much nothing. However if that got easier then it may be more interesting.

Timneh

Artisan
The announcement on beta was that the new FA is going to be the same as the second one that was on live servers and if i remember right that was the one that needed a lot of long production time goods and spells for witches hats and magic wands. I thought the badge requirements were far too tough for the rewards so i think i may give this one a miss if it is the same.

Pauly7

Magus
OK, I've had a look now:

Stage 1 - very easy
Stage 2 - very easy
Stage 3 - Would need 60 each of 3hr, 9hr and 1 day workshop badges, plus 45 * 1 day goods badges, plus 15 * 2 day goods badges.

Looks like we'll be saying no again. It's not worth damaging everyone's tournament for 55KP of instants.

Pauly7

Magus
Lol well we found it doable with the right prep so plan on defending our double 1st place finishes :)
See you all out there
I will admit that the idea of a Glossy Garden is hugely tantalising, but that's only for one fellowship on the server and I'm a realist.

Killiak

Artisan
Lol well we found it doable with the right prep so plan on defending our double 1st place finishes :)
See you all out there

Good luck finding people who care!

From the looks of things, our fellowship will not truly commit to the FS but we might just piddle along a bit through stage 1 and (maybe) 2. We won't go out of our way, just see what we can do with the badges you can get from regular routine play.

Pauly7

Magus
Good luck finding people who care!

From the looks of things, our fellowship will not truly commit to the FS but we might just piddle along a bit through stage 1 and (maybe) 2. We won't go out of our way, just see what we can do with the badges you can get from regular routine play.
The same really - Well, there's not much exciting about completing the first two stages, but we'll add badges probably, when they fit in with people's normal games anyway.