• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Lelanya

Mentor
And we have FA Announced; here are the details

On Thursday, October 26th, we will start a new round of Fellowship Adventures, so get your Fellowships together and grab some nice rewards!

There'll be new rewards:

Map 2: Tome of Soul Experiments
(Includes 4 set pieces of Soul Experiments Set and one Soul Lab Artifact)
Map 3: Solunar Nexus Artifact
Tinlug, Star Serpent Artifact

This round of the Fellowship Adventures ends on November 2nd.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Good. I've been non-stop crafting Combining Catalysts without collecting since the last FA, and I've just recently run out of Inspiring Meditations.
Wow. Just wow. Since the last FA?! How many CCs do you estimate? @Sir Derf

@Lelanya : Many thanks! I'm finding it rather demoralising scanning the Beta Forum itself at present, and with only the mobile Discord client available to me (not the same beast as it is on PC, in too many ways), I have no [reliable] way to keep myself and my FS updated about, well, anything Elvenar.

So I much appreciate your post here, Lel, and indeed I'm generally pleased to see this important Thread in use again, too. On a somewhat related tangential note, I hope the Scrolls of Knowledge preservation effort is going well.

Lelanya

Mentor
Greetings all
I have confirmed, Beta is currently FA version G. The rewards will be:
Map 1 - AW instant 15KP, Carting Library, 10 x 10 minute time instant
Map 2 - 2 x AW instant 20KP, Tome of Soul Experiments, 15 x 30 minute time instant
Map 3 - Solunar Nexus Artifact, Tinlug Artifact, 25 x 45 minute time instant

The brew badges remain at 25 beverages. I am still checking on Coin and Bracelet badges.

Hekata

Artisan
'Carting Library' - it should at least be Goddess of Wishes, or 40K FE points.

All FA 'rewards' need an upgrade IMO. But then again, the pitiful prizes do make it easier to just ignore the whole business entirely. :cool:
I might be in the minority here but I think that the prizes are fine: even with half a FS and a bit of coordination you can get all the prizes without disturbing your city much. There are always a few players who are in between chapter who can do more in terms of WS/T1 related badges and everyone can chip in with the those we get from the tourney, spire etc...
Now those who like to compete for the top spots they definitely don't do it for the prizes. In fact they' probably go for it just as fiercely even if there were no prizes. They just like to compete and have fun with FA.
FA is a great team building exercise IMHO. In my (other) FS where we like to compete there is always such a good mood during FA and the chat and messages becomes so much more alive and we have great fun. Not a single person cares about the prizes or even mentioned them. Well they do like the trophies (if we get them) but just as a way to show off a bit ;)

Hekata

Artisan
Pardon my ignorance @Lelanya but what does version G or version H mean? I assume it has something to do with the waypoint requirements, so is there anywhere I can see all the FA versions so I can better prepare for this and future rounds?
You can see all the requirements for the upcoming FA here on IDavis's site and Lelanya also has a lot of info on FA here, including for map G on the US forum.

Sir Derf

Adept
Wow. Just wow. Since the last FA?! How many CCs do you estimate? @Sir Derf

@Lelanya : Many thanks! I'm finding it rather demoralising scanning the Beta Forum itself at present, and with only the mobile Discord client available to me (not the same beast as it is on PC, in too many ways), I have no [reliable] way to keep myself and my FS updated about, well, anything Elvenar.

So I much appreciate your post here, Lel, and indeed I'm generally pleased to see this important Thread in use again, too. On a somewhat related tangential note, I hope the Scrolls of Knowledge preservation effort is going well.
Just collected 252 CCs, earning 126 Druid's Staffs, 1 short of half the Druid Staffs needed for every Waypoint on all three Maps.

SkyRider99

Mentor
So 34 Druid's Staffs this week and a similar amount to follow next week.
Impressive work. Definitely not to be sneezed at @owl76. :cool:

1700265965129.png

P.S.
Is that a figure of speech that translates to other regions? 'Not to be sneezed at' is a typical, deliberately understated Australian compliment, meaning something that is of considerable value and not to be ignored.
:)